The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

2 hours ago, Lukovic said:

I was completely gone as soon as he said the name of the song

Do yourself a favour. If you value your internal organs and can't handle the thought of them exploding with the cringe, avoid the song.

I have watched a YouTube review/listen along of the full album and this is the shining jobby on top of the steaming vat of diarrhoea that is Hulk Hogan's album.

Just wondering if "Another Hulkamaniac in Heaven", inspired by James Bulger, is a different song to "Hulkster in Heaven", which he previously claimed was inspired by a young British kid he met through Make-a-Wish when he performed at Summerslam at Wembley?

Obviously, the slight issue with that version of the story is that Hogan wasn't actually at Summerslam at Wembley...

https://atletifo.com/features/hulkster-in-heaven-hulk-hogans-awful-song-thats-also-a-lie/

There’s Seth Rollins (A) for a while then. 

Horrible for the guy, but I don’t think it’s the worst timing? Actually a few interesting things they can pivot to 

33 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Horrible for the guy, but I don’t think it’s the worst timing? Actually a few interesting things they can pivot to 

Punk-McIntyre for the title. 

18 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Punk-McIntyre for the title. 

My thoughts too. Would be quality and the promo they've already had was excellent. Unsure what they do about Priest's cash in mind.

3 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Folk saying it could be 6 weeks out and non surgical if it's a minor tear which seems unlikely at best and stupid at worst. If he carries on through he'll almost certainly tear it or worse, do his anterior again.

Time is right for him to go get the surgery, fix up his knee and his back into the bargain and come back later in the year healed up as he's clearly being held together with tape just now the poor fucker.

Edited by djchapsticks

f**k it, put the title up in the Royal Rumble match.  If the plan was always to give Punk (or anyone else) the win to set up a match against Rollins, then just have the title be on the line and add an extra sizzle.  With 2 months to go until WM, if it does turn out to be a minor injury, you could always play out the originally planned match but with Rollins trying to win it back instead.  Or just let him go away and have a well-deserved rest, and start another program.

16 minutes ago, forameus said:

f**k it, put the title up in the Royal Rumble match.  If the plan was always to give Punk (or anyone else) the win to set up a match against Rollins, then just have the title be on the line and add an extra sizzle.  With 2 months to go until WM, if it does turn out to be a minor injury, you could always play out the originally planned match but with Rollins trying to win it back instead.  Or just let him go away and have a well-deserved rest, and start another program.

Nah, by putting the title up in the Rumble you eliminate a few guys as winners, most notably Cody, who has always said he wants the WWE title. Also takes away the (storyline) intrigue of who the winner will pick to face at Mania (although we'll be all but certain who they'll pick given who wins it) 

If Seth is out for Mania then Drew vs Punk for the title makes sense, with Drew winning the belt fairly soon to defend at Mania (him vs Priest for the vacant title on Raw or at the Rumble?).

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah, by putting the title up in the Rumble you eliminate a few guys as winners, most notably Cody, who has always said he wants the WWE title. Also takes away the (storyline) intrigue of who the winner will pick to face at Mania (although we'll be all but certain who they'll pick given who wins it) 

If Seth is out for Mania then Drew vs Punk for the title makes sense, with Drew winning the belt fairly soon to defend at Mania (him vs Priest for the vacant title on Raw or at the Rumble?).

Yeah, fair point.  I doubt they would suddenly flit to that, but I guess it would take the match down a path it doesn't need to go down given this field is probably one of the most open ones since that time they decided to put everyone in including Lesnar, Goldberg and Undertaker (hopefully a better ending this time though).  

Although if we are thinking along those lines, does that eliminate anyone who wouldn't be going for Reigns from winning?  I guess it depends how they handle Rollins injury.  If he comes out on Monday and drops the title, then do they really have the choice of the winner be either Reigns or "whoever has the title in April"?  Probably depends what their plan was before the injury.  I think it was probably being given to Punk, so maybe book it that he gets the title match at mania but gets to pick his opponent?  Then Drew comes in and kicks the shit out of him for 2 months to set that up.  I'd definitely take that, particularly if it's with Rhodes/Reigns (because surely Rhodes has to win then...) or Rock/Reigns (because it'll be a fascinating watch).  

2 minutes ago, forameus said:

Yeah, fair point.  I doubt they would suddenly flit to that, but I guess it would take the match down a path it doesn't need to go down given this field is probably one of the most open ones since that time they decided to put everyone in including Lesnar, Goldberg and Undertaker (hopefully a better ending this time though).  

Although if we are thinking along those lines, does that eliminate anyone who wouldn't be going for Reigns from winning?  I guess it depends how they handle Rollins injury.  If he comes out on Monday and drops the title, then do they really have the choice of the winner be either Reigns or "whoever has the title in April"?  Probably depends what their plan was before the injury.  I think it was probably being given to Punk, so maybe book it that he gets the title match at mania but gets to pick his opponent?  Then Drew comes in and kicks the shit out of him for 2 months to set that up.  I'd definitely take that, particularly if it's with Rhodes/Reigns (because surely Rhodes has to win then...) or Rock/Reigns (because it'll be a fascinating watch).  

I think they could still keep the option of anyone winning (in that the winner can challenge for either belt) as long as they make clear what is happening with Rollins' title, be it a title match at Mania or on a Raw. 

Priest has a claim as MITB holder so maybe he just cashes in on 'vacant' but Drew then challenges him for it at the Rumble?

This is probably a stupid question but where do you find the full interviews by Inside The Ropes?? 

I watch clips of the interviews all the time on YouTube and I get its  filmed at live shows but do the full shows not get made available somewhere? 

I’ve looked in the podcasts on my phone and on the ITR website and also done a general online search but can’t find them anywhere.  

9 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Okada apparently on his way to WWE, starting in NXT. 

That would be absolutely terrific banter from WWE.  I know he's probably not as known to your average WWE fan as others might be, and there might be a language barrier, but he's carried NJPW for near enough a decade, and it's not like this is the NXT of Nakamura's era.  

26 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Okada apparently on his way to WWE, starting in NXT. 

Seen the source for that and it is questionable to put it lightly.

Apparently one unnamed NJPW roster member said it.

Think it was the same people who were certain Jay White was going to WWE.