The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Here's the 2 videos from the VALOR Facebook:

https://fb.watch/rYi3PsHKiA/

https://fb.watch/rYhYAIX9rv/  

I miss having that big Indy company right on our doorsteps, seems like a lot of people kind of just moved on from it. I went to the Wrestling Daft show at BOX and it was pretty busy,  I got the vibe that  almost everyone there wasn't remotely interested in the Scottish scene and just preferred the US stuff and happened to be fans of the podcast. There was an ICW show that same day and it seemed like very few were heading over the road to The Garage after it.

With that being said, it would be good if someone else got a good crack at the whip and maybe drummed up some interest.

As much as VALOR are maybe trying to do that, I think the presentation of it all looks just a wee bit hokey tbh. 

I'm not going to pretend like we're all absolute jakies without pennies to rub together, but it's quite an interesting choice that in a time where they've had events in Paris (major cosmopolitan European city) and London (probably the most densely rich city in Europe), they've decided to make Glasgow the most expensive one.  I had hoped they'd get a bit of egg on their face, but I expect ultimately it'll come close to selling out and they'll feel like it's a win.  Understandable from their perspective, but it's not great from a customer perspective.  I've tried to get my wee one interested in wrestling and had visions of being able to take him to see live events, but he's probably a good bit too young for AEW's product, and there is absolutely no way I'm shelling out near £500 for one night's entertainment even if he was absolutely desperate to go.  Looking it up, the cheapest ticket for All In last year - stadium show, actually mattered in the long run - was £27.25.  In fact, looks like you can get a ticket for this year's event for that price if you don't mind sitting near the roof.  If we're going by "worst seats in venue" terms, it's £27 vs £300.  For £599 you can get a place in a Wembley box.  For around the same price at Clash at the Castle, you'll get a floor seat many rows back, where you'll probably see f**k all.  

Even for a Premium event it would be a piss take and I'm sure they'll pub in a great show but let's not pretend this is going to be an A list show. Backlash looked to be a great show and I'm sure it was but it was far from top tier.

Also notable is Backlash had the lowest PPV buy rate in WWE history, obviously a lot of factors involved such as the post Wrestlemania lull and the time difference but having major events outside their usual comfort zone may be a concern 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, TheGoon said:

More a ‘Rise of WCW’ this week, but early signs of it are good. Bret calling Bischoff a clown every 2 minutes is terrific https://watchwrestling.ae/who-killed-wcw-s1e1-6-4-24-4th-june-2024/

Just wait till he gets on to Goldberg!

Have heard that this series is heavy on the utter bullshit. Will need to give it a watch.

Such a weird one they could never get right. Personality of a broom, but he shoukd’ve been a no-brainer merch seller and close to top guy.

He would probably end up slightly higher up the card in AEW than he has been for most of his time in WWE, but there are plenty of guys these days who can wrestle his style and cut a decent promo. I think he would be better suited to New Japan. I'm sure he's going to do very well for himself regardless of where he signs.

7 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

He would probably end up slightly higher up the card in AEW than he has been for most of his time in WWE, but there are plenty of guys these days who can wrestle his style and cut a decent promo. I think he would be better suited to New Japan. I'm sure he's going to do very well for himself regardless of where he signs.

Can't see Ricochet back in NJPW beyond doing a tour or two due to state of the yen & the Japanese economy currently hence why they've lost talent in the past year or so. Would be cool if he did a show or show in his former of Dragon Gate due to this year being their 20th anniversary.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

This was very good…

Roman-Rock is 100% happening at Mania next year. They can’t hold off another year if it’s meant to have happened over the past 2 Mania’s. 

Cody-Rock at the first episode on Netflix or at the Rumble.