The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Just watched most of TNA,

Looks like I was wrong about Jarrett and Angle, thought they would've built it a bit better. Seeing Angle for the first time, a week before Genesis.

The tag match was all right but they should stop making AJ use the Rolling Chaos Theory, he can't hit it properly, when he rolls back over the opponent, it just doesn't look right.

Someone might want to tell Tenay and Taz that Wales is in Britain as well.

The Lethal/Abyss match was alright, nothing special

The interview with Morgan and Anderson wasn't great, it's the same phrases as they've been using in every promo for the past few weeks.

Rvd and Jarrett was alright.

Accoring to Matt Hardy, he was released from his contract a couple weeks before it was announced on WWE.com, meaning he would be allowed to appear at Genesis. No words that he's signed for TNA though.

Genesis:

Seems they've taken Jarrett/Angle off the card for Genesis, might be re-added depending on Impact.

Is there any possibility at all that he could be RVD's mystery opponent. If not what I think they'll do is have Immortal say something like "You want Hardy?, you got him'" at the next ppv which is Destination X I'm sure. RVD and everyone will be thinking he's going to face Jeff but then Matt comes out.

Is there any possibility at all that he could be RVD's mystery opponent. If not what I think they'll do is have Immortal say something like "You want Hardy?, you got him'" at the next ppv which is Destination X I'm sure. RVD and everyone will be thinking he's going to face Jeff but then Matt comes out.

That was my thinking, doubt they'll be able to pull a Kurt Angle and keep it a secret though.

Earlier this week, wrestling fan Ronald Basham sued WWE, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Paul "Triple H" Levque, claiming he was injured while in the audience at WWE's Judgement Day pay-per-view back in 2000.

During the main event of that show, The Rock battled Triple H in a street fight, with the two wrestlers brawling into the crowd. Basham alleges that he was injured during the brawl and says WWE failed properly provide adequate security for its customers. Both Johnson and Levesque have been accused of “reckless, willful and wanton conduct.” He claims to have suffered lingering injuries over the past decade as a result of the incident and recently had knee surgery, for which he's seeking compensation.

According to TMZ.com, Basham's leg couldn't have been too badly hurt by The Rock and Triple H, because he played high school football and has participated in stock car racing for years. Up until his lawsuit was filed, his Facebook page featured various photos of him raacing cars, including pictures of him crashing into a wall.

Basham's lawyer tells TMZ.com, "He has a long medical history with knee problems and as far as I know his knee was never injured [from racing cars]."

Considering his high school football career and his habit of crashing race cars into walls, it seems he will have a difficult time proving WWE, The Rock and Triple H are the ones responsible for his recent knee surgery.

Made me laugh. What a retard. Why wait 11 years?laugh.gif

Earlier this week, wrestling fan Ronald Basham sued WWE, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Paul "Triple H" Levque, claiming he was injured while in the audience at WWE's Judgement Day pay-per-view back in 2000.

During the main event of that show, The Rock battled Triple H in a street fight, with the two wrestlers brawling into the crowd. Basham alleges that he was injured during the brawl and says WWE failed properly provide adequate security for its customers. Both Johnson and Levesque have been accused of "reckless, willful and wanton conduct." He claims to have suffered lingering injuries over the past decade as a result of the incident and recently had knee surgery, for which he's seeking compensation.

According to TMZ.com, Basham's leg couldn't have been too badly hurt by The Rock and Triple H, because he played high school football and has participated in stock car racing for years. Up until his lawsuit was filed, his Facebook page featured various photos of him raacing cars, including pictures of him crashing into a wall.

Basham's lawyer tells TMZ.com, "He has a long medical history with knee problems and as far as I know his knee was never injured [from racing cars]."

Considering his high school football career and his habit of crashing race cars into walls, it seems he will have a difficult time proving WWE, The Rock and Triple H are the ones responsible for his recent knee surgery.

Made me laugh. What a retard. Why wait 11 years?laugh.gif

He'd just recently had surgery, presumably to pay for medical bills.

He'd just recently had surgery, presumably to pay for medical bills.

11 years later? How could the two be related then? Theres probably worse things happened at shows I've been at. Darren Burridge vs Nigel McGuinness saw the barrier come apart and hit a wee boy and sent some other guys specs in the air.

The Sun has posted an article claiming that WWE is plotting to swoop the multi-time World Champion from TNA. They say with WrestleMania taking place in WCW's former home of Atlanta this year, Vince McMahon wants Sting to be a part of the show and inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Though still listed on the TNA Wrestling website, Sting is presently a free agent after his contract with the organization expired late last year.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

I know the second spot was unplanned but I'm interested in how the match would have continued if Foley was only chokeslammed on the the top of the cell.

Both wrestlers actually made each other look like a million dollars. Can't say that for many Kurt Angle matches.

Folk forget as well, amidst all the Foley madness, that Taker tore his ankle apart climbing down into the ring after the botched spot. Foley didn't know where he was and UT was almost literally on one leg. And they still had a classic.

Hilarious, go back and argue about the ten team spl now.

I was being serious, I did know. In fact, if you search google (I hope :unsure: ) you'll probably find plenty of articles that pre-dated him joining TNA that show he was going to join TNA.

You have an inside contact at TNA?

No, but it was common knowledge on Wrestling Observer etc before it happened from what I remember.

It was 4 years ago - feel free to prove me wrong, it has been known :P