The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Rob Van Dam was good in ECW untill he became the "Whole FN Show" and then he needed Jerry Lynn to have a great match. So many opponents came and went with Rob Van Dam when he was too busy showboating and posing to be interested in having a good match.

They hammered that out of him in WWE and he had a terrific run there I reckon.

He's gone back to his old ways in TNA and once again, a good match involving that guy is a rarity.

I didn't rate Cena until the last few months, he's not in the same league as someone like the Rock or Austin but he's the best in the business today.

I can appreciate good matches, the workratey typ crap exhibited by RoH is a load of horsehit IMO but those are allegedly "top wrestling matches" according to most smarks.

In certain aspects yes in terms of charisma and story telling.

[quote name=Da

vidVillaNo1' timestamp='1295533915' post='4985496]

What is up with Ziggler and Morrison?

Feel free to state which wrestlers you think are currently the best in WWE and which ones have potential.

Sorry but you'll soon find on this forum that I don't contribute much in the way of WWE conversations because I haven't watched the WWE for around 4 years now with the exception of the RR and WM. And guys like Morrison and Ziggler are the reasons why.

It was meant to be a serious match but Hogan refused to job that night so HBK rightly or wrongly took it into his own hands to over-sell Hogan's moves as a payback.

Actually Hogan was always supposed to win at Summerslam. He refused to job to Michaels at a later PPV in the year and that was the reason HBK over selled.

WWE No Way Out 2001

We continue arguably the most consistant year of WWE PPV with this bad boy.

Raven © vs. The Big Show - WWE Hardcore Championship ( * )

Chris Jericho © vs. X-Pac vs. Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Benoit - WWE Intercontinental Championship ( ****1/4 )

Stephanie McMahon vs. Trish Stratus ( ***1/2 )

Triple H vs. Steve Austin, Three Stages of Hell Match ( ***** )

Steven Richards vs. Jerry Lawler ( * )

The Dudley Boys © vs. Edge and Christian vs. Kane and The Undertaker, Tables Match - WWE World Tag Team Championships ( **1/2 )

Kurt Angle © vs. The Rock - WWE World Heavyweight Championship ( ****1/2 )

Great PPV. I'm sure either Hebner or Angle botches the first Rock Bottom as Hebner counts 2 but Angle shoulders don't move off the mat. I suppose the Rock realises this and delivers another Rock Bottom.

Tazz's first night on commentary?

Sorry but you'll soon find on this forum that I don't contribute much in the way of WWE conversations because I haven't watched the WWE for around 4 years now with the exception of the RR and WM. And guys like Morrison and Ziggler are the reasons why.

Both guys have improved considerably. Dolph Ziggler especially is beginning to live up to some of the potential that he was showing. Since you watch the Royal Rumble, you'll be able to watch him take the now pretty shitty Edge to a decent match. That should warm you to him a bit!

Great PPV. I'm sure either Hebner or Angle botches the first Rock Bottom as Hebner counts 2 but Angle shoulders don't move off the mat. I suppose the Rock realises this and delivers another Rock Bottom.

I'm pretty sure Angle would have been the one that botched there. Hebner should have just called the match though. Any other referee would have done so. It was an obvious three. Oh, and Angle has a history of botching nearfalls like that. HBK at Mania 21 anyone?

Aye, Tazz was on commentary that night. Dunno if it was first night though.

The Rock's submissions actually looked terrible as did a couple of his moves. The Belly 2 Belly Suplex and Samoan Drop come to mind.

JR always called it as a "belly to belly over head toss/throw" . The Rock's sharpshooter was always looked pretty good I thought.

Going to drop into Alloa tomorrow to get tickets for the PBW event on the 29th, anyone going?

Going to drop into Alloa tomorrow to get tickets for the PBW event on the 29th, anyone going?

They're worth a look. I won't be going but I'm going to their show in Greenock next month.

You've got BT Gunn vs. Andy Wild and Jack Jester vs. Lionheart to look forward to, both of which should be really good. The rest of the card looks kinda shifty if you ask me though. Blaze N Rampage vs. Chaos and TJ Rage has potential, but the rest of the card looks kinda shifty.

There's a last match to be confirmed though so no worries.

Am I right in saying Blaze & Rampage are 17? Quite looking forward to seeing them.

Aye. Davey Blaze is the real talent of the team. Chris Rampage is quite a likeable one and is good in his sort of Ricky Morton role in this team. Not sure how good he'd be on his own.

His time in WWE was amazing, IIRC his part in the MITB he won was great(which one at Mania hasn't been great?) and his match with Cena at One Night Stand was also amazing, up there in the best of both their matches, of what I can recall imo.

I marked out that night, Edge was the hero.

Never been a fan of RVD.

Actually Hogan was always supposed to win at Summerslam. He refused to job to Michaels at a later PPV in the year and that was the reason HBK over selled.

Fair enough. I actually don't blame you. In the last couple of years I have hardly watched Raw or Smackdown and skip the PPVs. Mainly due to Cena, Rey, Batista and Undertaker.

I actually had an ongoing collection of every Raw/Smackdown/Vintage Collection/WWE Specials/TNA Impact, both PPVs for about 5 years but decided to stop recording them as was not interested anymore.

I knew it was something about him not jobbing at one point.

Other possibilities: The Great Khali, Skip Sheffield?, Christian, Goldust (where's he been?)

He's out injured.. won't be fit until at least the summer. Bloody shame as he was getting a decent amount of TV time and would have been in line for a half decent spot on the Mania card.

Ahh, that match was brilliant. It was never going to be a five star classic but HBK's over selling undoubtedly made the match.

Yeah, that would certainly have been his first PPV on commentary ... of course he'd be back in action a month later in that 6-man tag with APA vs RTC.

Edited by The Naitch

I rember Tazz commentating at Rebellion 2000 as well. Alongsdie JR who ironically he was involved in a fued with only months earlier which involved them scudding each other over the head with a glass jar full of Quality Street.

Jericho isn't coming back anytime soon as is the gospel acorrding to Lords Of Pain.

Was just watching Superstars(on the stream for TNA) and there was one of those Raw Rebound thingies and the video package was on the Cena Punk match and after it showed the interference, it went into a weird song thing with Punk saying various things and one of the words was "manbeast" Was that not one of Batista's nicknames. I know it's a common-ish word but thought it was interesting.

Jeff Hardy's trial has been deferred or something to mid February. I can't remember why.

TNA Crimson's They Spoiler

The Main Event Mafia are returning, Steiner, Booker T, Nash and maybe Sting to join Angle.

Bit disappointed tbh, you don't find out on Impact btw.

Tna Impact:

Was alright, bit like last week. Not much happened.

Hardy and Dreamer was a bit pish

The Dudley feud is boring as shit.

The X-division match was pretty decent.

Main Event tag was decent as well.

The end segment was shite though. Abyss coming out with Janice stuck in his back like a bad villain in a worse film. Angle fighting off Immortal while the others run away, why would they run when they've already proven they can beat Angle. Angle slaps on an ankle lock on Flair and it takes about five guys to pull Flair outta the ring while Angle holds on? Wtf.

edit to add this sexy picture of Todd Grisham's new look:

post-25889-0-88199600-1295583366_thumb.j

Edited by forehead7

Aye. Davey Blaze is the real talent of the team. Chris Rampage is quite a likeable one and is good in his sort of Ricky Morton role in this team. Not sure how good he'd be on his own.

What age would they have started their training at if they are only 17? Both Scottish ?

I actually had an ongoing collection of every Raw/Smackdown/Vintage Collection/WWE Specials/TNA Impact, both PPVs for about 5 years but decided to stop recording them as was not interested anymore.

I knew it was something about him not jobbing at one point.

I have most Mania and Rumbles, Summerslams and other PPV's from around 95 to 02ish. I remember being absolutely gutted when the RR got moved to Sky Box Office for the first time in 2002. I had recorded the last 7 before that.

Yeah, that would certainly have been his first PPV on commentary ... of course he'd be back in action a month later in that 6-man tag with APA vs RTC.

Yeah what PPV was that again, must've been a pretty sh*t one to have slipped my mind :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I rember Tazz commentating at Rebellion 2000 as well. Alongsdie JR who ironically he was involved in a fued with only months earlier which involved them scudding each other over the head with a glass jar full of Quality Street.

Aye that was at Summerslam 00 where King picked up the victory. JR goes out from the announce table and cracks Tazz over the head with a jar of water I think while Tazz and the Tazzmission on King near the bottom rope.

Was just watching Superstars(on the stream for TNA) and there was one of those Raw Rebound thingies and the video package was on the Cena Punk match and after it showed the interference, it went into a weird song thing with Punk saying various things and one of the words was "manbeast" Was that not one of Batista's nicknames. I know it's a common-ish word but thought it was interesting.

That would be Rhyno, that's what Heyman referred to him as when on commentary?

What age would they have started their training at if they are only 17? Both Scottish ?

No idea when they started training but they made the main shows at the start of this year. A guy called Noam Dar, who is one half of the PBW Tag Team Champs, is the same age and he's been going for a couple of years and this kid is exceptional. It's scary how young he is.

Aye that was at Summerslam 00 where King picked up the victory. JR goes out from the announce table and cracks Tazz over the head with a jar of water I think while Tazz and the Tazzmission on King near the bottom rope.

Which he followed up with a glorious "How did you like that you son of a bitch?!"

WWE Wrestlemania X-7

Seen as the greatest Wrestlemania of all time and one of the greatest PPVs of all time, this definately is, for me, one of the must-see wrestling shows. The real bonus is that this is a WWF version with Limp Bizkit playing through which means we'll get that AWESOME video before the main event. Class.

William Regal © vs. Chris Jericho - WWE Intercontinental Championship ( **1/4 )

Right to Censor vs. APA and Tazz ( ** )

Raven © vs. The Big Show vs. Kane - WWE Hardcore Championship ( *** )

Test © vs. Eddie Guerrero - WWE European Championship ( *** )

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit ( **** )

Ivory © vs. Chyna - WWE Women's Championship ( N/A )

Vince McMahon vs. Shane McMahon, Street Fight ( **** )

The Dudley Boys © vs. Edge and Christian vs. The Hardy Boys, TLC Match - WWE World Tag Team Championships ( ***** )

Gimmick Battle Royal ( N/A )

Triple H vs. The Undertaker ( ***1/2 )

The Rock © vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, No Disqualification Match - WWE World Heavyweight Championship ( ***** )

William Regal © vs. Chris Jericho - WWE Intercontinental Championship

Lockup and Regal with right hands and then Jericho into the corner and then he comes out with a Clothesline. Flying Forearm and right hands from Jericho. Jericho with a Spinning Heel Kick and Regal heads for the floor. PESCADO FROM JERICHO !!! Regal then gets dropped on the apron. Jericho to the top rope and he lands a Flying Spinning Elbow getting a two count. Regal blocks a move and we have an exchange leading to the Walls of Jericho but it's too early for that. Jericho gets sent into the ringpost shoulder first and that changes the match. He then does this again just to be sure. Regal waves to the audience. Arm Suplex from Regal and then he stomps on the arm. Running Arm Ringer Takedown gets a two count for Regal. Regal brings Jericho down to one knee and then gets the Overhead Wristlock. Regal into the ropes and then Jericho with the Back Elbow. LIONSAULT ... HITS THE KNEES !!! School Boy gets a two count for Regal. HUGE RELEASE GERMAN SUPLEX FROM REGAL !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! The fans get behind Jericho here. Jericho is sent shoulder first into the steel buckle that's under the pad. Kicks to the chest from Regal, but Jericho lands a pair of Enziguris to come back into the match. Forearm and down goes Regal. Jericho to the middle buckle. Missile Dropkick from there gets a two count for Regal. Regal into the corner and Jericho misses a dive and hits the ringpost. Forearms from Regal and then to the top rope. SUPER BUTTERFLY SUPLEX FROM REGAL !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! JERICHO WITH THE WALLS OF JERICHO OUT OF NOWHERE !!! REGAL TURNS IT INTO THE REGAL STRETCH !!! The fans are going mental for Jericho here and he finds the bottom rope much to the dismay of Regal. Knees to the head and then chops from Jericho. Those are HARD chops. He runs into a kick to the shoulder though. FACE TO THE STEEL !!! BULLDOG FROM JERICHO !!! Suplex from Jericho. LIONSAULT FROM JERICHO !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

That was an opener that did it's job. It got the audience into it thanks to the guy that were involved. They put together a neat little match that told a simple story and didn't do too much. Perfect. **1/4

Right to Censor vs. APA and Tazz

The RTC theme music for a long entrance? No thanks. They should have run to the ring in a Big Bossman style. The brawl starts on the floor and then Tazz and Val into the ring. Tazz sends Val to the floor and then Richards comes in. Jackie with a DDT on Richards. Simmons and Bull into the ring. Springboard Clothesline from Bull and then Simmons lands a Powerslam and that gets a two count. Into the corner and in comes Tazz with right hands. Cracking Suplex from Tazz and then he's sent to the ropes. Big Boot from Bull and then in comes Val. Val with right hands. Tazz into the ropes and knees to the stomach. Russian Legsweep from Val and that gets a two count. Into the corner and in comes Kama. He gets a shot to the back of the head. Body Slam and then a Leg Drop. Back Elbow from Kama. Back Drop Suplex then from Kama. That gets a two count and Bradshaw tries to come in. THE HO TRAIN FROM KAMA !!! THE VADER BOMB ... MISSES !!! Bradshaw tagged into the match and he lands a Big Boot. Back Elbow from Bradshaw and then a Back Body Drop and then he cleans house. Fallaway Slam from Bradshaw to Val. In comes Bull and that draws Simmons in. DOUBLE SPINEBUSTER ON VAL !!! Val is then set on the top rope. TOP ROPE BACK DROP SUPLEX FROM BRADSHAW !!! In comes Kama. DOUBLE POWERBOMB ON BRADSHAW !!! Bull is sent to the floor. THE HO TRAIN ... MISSES !!! THE CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL FROM BRADSHAW !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

That was fun stuff. The action was kept going fast as hell and it was constant big moves which I have no problem with. **

Raven © vs. The Big Show vs. Kane - WWE Hardcore Championship

This is an old favourite of the fans of the hardcore title. Raven attacks with signs and Kane lands some right hands. The Big Show hasn't arrived yet. Ah, here he comes. Kane is landing right hands on Raven in the ring while The Big Show plods his way to the ring. Kane has a look at The Big Show as if to say to himself "what can I do?" and then decides on his course of action and throws Raven on top of him. KANE WITH A FLYING CLOTHESLINE OFF THE TOP ROPE TO THE FLOOR ON SHOW !!! Kane with a right hand sends Raven over the barrier and then we have crowd brawling. Kane goes for a Powerslam in the crowd and Show lands a Big Boot and then the fight continues to go through the crowd. Raven does a runner while Kane whips Show into a wall. Raven comes out of nowhere with a sign and now we have some backstage brawling. Raven gets sent into a wall and then Show turns up and lands a Body Slam onto a pile of crates. Raven is running away. Raven then gets sent into a wee room and he tries to lock the door. Kane just rips the door open and he grabs a spade and belts Show in the back with it and then lands some right hands. Raven now chokes Kane with a hose, but Raven gets charged through a fence. Kane now has the hose around Raven. RAVEN GETS LAUNCHED THROUGH A WINDOW !!! WHOA !!! Show then sends Kane through a door. Kane grabs Show by the throat. SHOW AND KANE SEND EACH OTHER THROUGH A WALL !!! HERE COMES RAVEN !!! He stomps on Show now and then does a runner and then gets on a golf buggy and crashes it. Kane then gets in a golf buggy with the referee and follows them. Kane, Show and Raven are now just getting on with the brawling now. Show gets sent face first into the fencing and then Raven gets dragged along a table. Kane throws a cart at Show and then sends him face first into a box. The fight appears to be heading back to the ramp now. Show and Kane then exchange and Kane gets the better of that battle. Short Arm Clothesline from Show and Raven is still down. KANE BOOTS SHOW AND RAVEN OFF OF THE STAGE !!! KANE WITH A LEG DROP OFF OF THE STAGE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

That was a fun and chaotic match. It was everything that people normally like about hardcore matches. It had the fun backstage stuff with some funny and some brutal spots and then a good couple of final moves. ***

Test © vs. Eddie Guerrero - WWE European Championship

Test gets this going with right hands. Eddie into the ropes and a Flapjack from Test. FALLING POWERBOMB FROM TEST !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Eddie heads for the floor and then Test with right hands. Eddie gets into the ring and then Test onto the apron. Eddie with a forearm and into the ring. Right hands in the corner from Eddie. Eddie into the corner and then the Gorilla Press Slam drops Eddie on the top buckle and a Clothesline gets a two count for Test. Eddie into the ropes and the Back Elbow from Test. Body Slam from Test and then he heads for the second buckle and Eddie stops him. SUPER RANA ... blocked. Test with the Flying Back Elbow gets a two count. Right hands from Test and then he hits the ropes and goes over the top rope and then Test gets his foot caught in the ropes. Albert with right hands. Eddie goes through the ropes and we miss him falling on his arse. :( Eddie and the referee eventually get Test out of the ropes. Eddie goes to work on the injured leg of Test and back into the ring they go. Stomps to the ankle of Test which was damaged in that accident. The fans get on the case of Eddie as he drops elbows on the leg and then drops his weight on the leg. Right hands from Eddie and then Test into the ropes and Eddie mounts Test with the Sleeper Hold. Down to one knee goes Test. Eddie lets go and decides to club away at Test and sends him to the ropes. Test with the Tilt-a-Whirl Slam to try and get back into the match. Right hands from Eddie and then sent into the ropes. SPIRAL BOMB FROM TEST !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Eddie into the corner and Test runs into an elbow. Low blow from Eddie. Saturn comes in. THE SWINGING FISHERMAN NECKBREAKER FROM SATURN !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! BRAINBUSTER FROM EDDIE !!! He then heads for the top rope. FROG SPLASH ... MISSES !!! THE MELTDOWN FROM TEST !!! Saturn gets onto the apron and Test knocks him down. ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! BIG BOOT TO SATURN !!! MASSIVE BIG BOOT FROM TEST TO EDDIE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... MALENKO DRAGS TEST OFF !!! Malenko eats a right hand. TITLE BELT TO THE HEAD OF TEST !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

I loved how this was basically a massive Radicalz conspiracy towards the end. Test never stood a chance! The match was pretty messy with Eddie Guerrero in control and that happened an awful lot in his first WWE run. Still a fun match though. ***

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit

This is where the PPV takes a pretty dramatic rise in standards. Lockup and then we have a reversal exchange we get a stalemate from that. We have another round of that. At the third attempt we go into the corner and we have a clean break. At the fourth attempt, and now the two men seem to have a better focus for what they are looking for, with Angle looking for a leg and Benoit looking for an arm. They wind up against the ropes and that's another stalemate. Benoit then gets close to the Crossface and for the first time, one man is forced to find the ropes. Lockup and then Angle goes to the ankle again, and this ends with Benoit getting the Crossface and Angle finds the bottom rope again and then he heads for the floor. Angle with another takedown but Benoit always gets that Crossface attempt. Benoit is getting annoyed and then Angle gets in a cheap shot and now we have a match on our hands. To the floor they go and Angle has had enough and he sends Benoit into the table face first. Benoit then gets launched into the steps. Into the ring they now go. Stomps from Angle. Suplex with the floatover and that gets a two count from Angle. Back Drop Suplex from Angle and that gets a two count. Angle with right hands in the corner now. Stomps from Angle now in the corner and then he goes to the floor and adds some elbows to the throat of Benoit. Benoit kicks and chops his way out of the corner and then he gets sent to the ropes and Angle lands the Belly 2 Belly Suplex. Angle with another Belly 2 Belly Suplex and the fans aren't liking this. Clothesline from Benoit to come back into the match. Right hands from Angle. Benoit comes back again with right hands and chops and then Angle with chops. Knee to the gut from Benoit as he sucked Angle into his own game. Benoit now lands some right hands. The Back Elbow from Benoit gets a two count. Snap Suplex gets a two count for Benoit. He then sets Angle on the top rope. TOP ROPE SUPERPLEX FROM BENOIT !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Into the corner. ROLLING GERMAN SUPLEXES FROM BENOIT !!! ANGLE GOES TO THE ANGLE LOCK ... BENOIT COUNTERS AND GETS AN ANKLE LOCK OF HIS OWN !!! Angle manages to kick his way away from that. THE CRIPPLER CROSSFACE FROM BENOIT ... COUNTERED TO A CROSSFACE FROM ANGLE !!! Benoit finds the bottom rope. BENOIT NOW GETS THE CRIPPLER CROSSFACE ON ANGLE !!! ANGLE TAPS !!! The referee took a poke in the eye though. ANGLE SLAM FROM ANGLE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Body Slam from Angle and then he heads for the top rope. THE MOONSAULT FROM ANGLE ... HITS THE KNEES !!! Benoit heads for the top rope. FLYING HEADBUTT FROM BENOIT !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Low blow from Angle. ANGLE GRABS THE TIGHTS !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

I liked how Kurt Angle got the better of the technical exchange late in the match to make up for losing the exchanges at the start. I also like how Kurt Angle didn't necessarily have to cheat at the point that he did, but he did it anyways, because he's a dick. ****

Ivory © vs. Chyna - WWE Women's Championship

Ivory gets a cheap shot in with the belt right from the word go and then she stomps on the injured neck and Chyna isn't moving. She eventually gets up and a more shots from Chyna. Chyna grabs a boot and all of a sudden, this is turning bad. Chyna then unloads with forearms in the corner and then a barrage of stomps. Chyna with the Hiptoss and then a pair of Clotheslines. Back Body Drop from Chyna and this has already gone on too long. POWERBOMB FROM CHYNA !!! GORILLA PRESS SLAM !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

Next. N/A

Vince McMahon vs. Shane McMahon, Street Fight

Mick Foley is going to be the referee of this bad boy. Vince slaps Shane and then slaps him again and then unloads with a flurry and then chokes him in the corner. Stomps in the corner from Vince. Shane tries to come back with right hands, but Vince with another flurry. Knees to the gut from Vince. Shane comes back again with the right hands. Clothesline out of the corner from Shane and then he lands a Spear and then a series of right hands. Elbow Drops from Shane. Elbow Drop to the back and then Stephanie comes into the ring and tries to get Shane off. Stephanie slaps Shane and then does a runner. Baseball Slide from Shane to Vince and then more right hands. Shane with some sign shots to the back of Vince and this is a proper beating! Shane then chokes Vince with some cable and sends him into the steps and then around the ring they go. Shane gets onto the barrier and lands a Clothesline from it. Vince then gets sent into the barrier and Shane goes under the ring and he brings out a kendo stick. BRUTAL shots to the back from Shane. Another HARD shot to the gut from Shane. Shane then drops the kendo stick like a bad habit. Shane then lands the jabs on Vince and then the big right hand at the end and the fans are LOVING this beating. Another big right hand then drops Vince and Shane gets the Spanish table ready. MONITOR OVER THE HEAD FROM SHANE TO VINCE !!! Shane now heads for the top rope. FLYING ELBOW DROP TO THE TABLE FROM THE TOP ROPE ... STEPHANIE PULLS VINCE OUT OF THE WAY AND SHANE CRASHES THROUGH THE TABLE !!! Trish now wheels Linda out to the ring. Trish is helping Vince get to his feet. TRISH SLAPS STEPHANIE !!! Stephanie is raging and she slaps Trish and now we have a catfight. Stephanie gets slammed face first into the apron and tries to get away and then Trish catches up. Foley gets into the ring and he decides to let them go for a while before eventually dragging them apart. Stephanie slaps Foley and that only serves to rile him up and Stephanie does a runner. Trish then goes on the chase. Vince's eyes clap on Linda and he says "Bitch!" and then goes over to her and then Foley gets in his way. Foley then begins to roll Trish away. VINCE CROWNS FOLEY WITH THE STEEL CHAIR !!! MASSIVE "Asshole!" chants around the arena as the fans hate what's going on here. Vince sets a chair in the corner and he sits Linda on it. Shane is sent into the ring and Vince sends trashcans into the ring. Trashcan over the head from Vince. LINDA STANDS UP !!! THE AUDIENCE IS GOING FUCKING MENTAL !!! :D :D :D LOW BLOW FROM LINDA !!! FOLEY IS BACK IN THE RING AND HE'S UNLOADING WITH RIGHT HANDS !!! Shane has a trashcan and he puts it in front of Vince. COAST TO COAST DROPKICK FROM SHANE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!

What an amazing dramatic match this was. Both guys busted ass big time, and then the overbooking kicked in and the whole thing just went over the top, and I mean that in the best possible way. Obviously not a wrestling masterclass or anything, but was it supposed to be? Superb. ****

The Dudley Boys © vs. Edge and Christian vs. The Hardy Boys, TLC Match - WWE World Tag Team Championships

Bring on the insanity. The brawl then kicks off as everyone goes after Edge and Christian to get this going. Double Flapjack on Christian from the Dudleys and then the two babyface teams go at it. Edge and Christian wipe out the Hardys and then the Dudleys. Christian then lays a beating on Matt in the corner. Matt is then set in the corner and Edge and Christian stand on his balls. Double Drop Toe Hold from Edge sends Jeff into a chair. Matt goes for the gold and Edge uses the chair to hit a Clothesline. Edge now goes for it and Jeff comes off the back of Matt and lands a Dropkick. Double Baseball Slide sends a ladder into the Dudleys. Christian goes for the gold and Matt pulls him down. Matt and Jeff set the ladder and Matt slams Christian. TANDEM OFFENSE FROM THE HARDYS !!! In come the Dudleys. WASSUP HEADBUTT FROM THE DUDLEYS TO EDGE !!! That was some serious distance on the headbutt. D-VON ... GET THE TABLES !!! Devon looks under the ring. The tables are all around ye ya dumbass. Ray sets up a table and Devon sets one in the corner. Ray puts Edge on a table. JEFF GETS POWERBOMBED ONTO EDGE AND THROUGH THE TABLE !!! Ray is now heading for the floor and they stack two tables on another two tables. Two floors two tables wide! Christian gets dumped to the floor. MATT GETS CROWNED WITH A LADDER !!! Three ladders are now set next to each other. CHRISTIAN CRASHES TO THE FLOOR !!! MATT, DEVON AND JEFF CROTCHED !!! RAY AND EDGE KNOCK EACH OTHER DOWN !!! Christian sets a table on the floor while he's out there. Ray dumps a ladder to the floor and then Spike Dudley heads for the ring. ACID DROP FROM SPIKE TO EDGE !!! ACID DROP OFF OF THE APRON THROUGH THE TABLE FROM SPIKE TO CHRISTIAN !!! Jeff is now setting a ladder and Rhyno is now in the ring and he takes Jeff off of the ladder. GORE TO RAY !!! HE GORES MATT THROUGH A TABLE !!! Lita is now heading for the ring to complete the set. She pulls Edge down and then Rhyno catches him. Low blow from Spike. BRUTAL CHAIR SHOT AND THEN EDGE CRASHES INTO THE ROPES FROM THE LADDER !!! DOOMSDAY DEVICE FROM THE DUDLEYS TO RHYNO !!! LITA CROWNS SPIKE WITH A CHAIR SHOT !!! THE DUDLEYS WITH THE 3D TO LITA !!! THIS IS MADNESS !!! EDGE COMES IN WITH CHAIR SHOTS !!! Spike and Rhyno set on a table. SWANTON BOMB FROM A MASSIVE LADDER ONTO SPIKE AND RHYNO WHO ARE SET ON TABLES !!! Edge and Devon now climn a massive ladder and catch onto the belts. BOTH MEN FALL FROM THE BELTS INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE RING !!! Jeff goes for the belt now and he's hanging from them. Edge climbs the big ladder in the corner. EDGE WITH THE FUCKING SPEAR FROM THE LADDER KNOCKING JEFF FROM THE BELTS !!! HOLY MOTHER OF GOD !!! THAT IS THE DAMNDEST THING I'VE SEEN IN A LADDER MATCH !!! Ray and Matt do battle. RAY AND MATT CRASH THROUGH THE FOUR TABLES ON THE FLOOR FROM THE MASSIVE LADDER IN THE RING !!! CHRISTIAN HELPED BY RHYNO GETS THE GOLD !!!

Wow. Words can't do this battle justice. These six men did an amazing job and had the help of three others who just added to the insanity of it. Some people need to see this if they want to see how you do a spotfest. *****

Gimmick Battle Royal

The Bushwhackers, Duke "The Dumpster" Droese, The Iron Sheik, Earthquake, MVP, Doink the Clown ( who gets a big pop ), Kamala, Repo Man, Jim Cornette, Nikolai Volkoff, Michael PS Hayes (~~~~~~), One Man Gang, The Gobbly Gooker, Tugboat, Hillbilly Jim, Brother Love and Sgt. Slaughter. With the entrances done, this now become shit. This one is underway and eliminations are coming thick and fast. Well, thick at least. Earthquake eliminated Tugboat. FUCKING TURNCOAT !!! Right, at the end ot it all The Iron Sheik wins it.

A lot of nonsense really but I challenge anyone to say that this wasn't at least entertaining to see all of these guys again. N/A

Triple H vs. The Undertaker

"We are Motorhead and we're gonna kick your ass!"

Incidentally they sounded horrific here. HHH and Taker are going at it on the floor and this thing is off. Taker with right hands as they brawl around the ringside area. Back into the ring and right hands from HHH. Taker comes back with right hands again and then runs into the High Knee. Taker gets right back up and throws HHH into the corner and lands a series of right hands and then chases the referee out of the corner. Back Body Drop from Taker. Clothesline in the corner from Taker and then HHH into th corner and Taker with another Clothesline. Running Powerslam from Taker. That gets a two count. More right hands from HHH. Taker into the ropes and he lands his big Flying Clothesline coming off of the ropes. OLD SCHOOL ... HHH tosses Taker into the middle of the ring. That gets a two count and then HHH with right hands to the face of Taker. Taker draped over the apron now and HHH drops elbows. That's reminiscent of Taker himself actually. HHH now heads back into the ring. Swinging Neckbreaker from HHH and that gets a two count. HHH pushes the ref and the ref pushes back. He's having none of it. Taker uses the chance to come back with right hands to the gut and then rights and lefts. Knee 2 Face from HHH. HHH throws a timekeeper down and then grabs the sledgehammer. The referee takes the weapon and then Taker comes up behind him. PEDIGREE ... REF BUMP !!! THE CHOKESLAM FROM TAKER !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Taker then stomps the ref and then drops an elbow on him. HHH gets sent to the floor and then Taker goes out and follows. HHH then gets sent over the barrier and into the front row and the battle is now heading up to the stand that the hard-cam is on. HHH and Taker are now doing battle up on the technical equipment. Chair to the back up on the stand. CHAIR TO THE HEAD FROM HHH !!! HHH then unloads on Taker with the chair. TAKER GRABS HHH BY THE THROAT ... AND CHOKESLAMS HIM FROM THE CAMERA STAND !!! TAKER WITH AN ELBOW DROP DOWN ONTO HHH !!! The fight finally heads back to the ring and the referee is still knocked out in the ring. It was only a fucking Elbow Drop. Taker now has the sledgehammer in his hand. LOW BLOW FROM HHH !!! HHH runs right into the Big Boot from Taker. HHH and Taker now exchanging right hands. THE UNDERTAKER LANDS A TOMBSTONE !!! The referee is still down though. LAST RIDE ... HHH WITH THE SLEDGEHAMMER SHOT !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOOOOOUUUUTTTTTTTTTT !!! LAST RIDE FROM TAKER !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

I see no reason for the nonsense in the crowd and the referee being knocked out for about five minutes with an elbow drop. Should have been a much better match than it was. ***1/2

The Rock © vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, No Disqualification Match - WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Austin tries to hit Rock with the belt right away and then Rock with right hands. Thesz Press and then punches and then the Elbow Drop from Austin. Elbow Drop across the back of the head from Rock and then Austin caught with the Swinging Neckbreaker. Rock Bottom gets blocked and then both men look for finishers and Rock gets launched over the top rope. Right hand from Austin to Rock and the commentators do a runner. Austin with right hands and then the brawl heads into the crowd. Rock then unleashes right hand after right hand and then back to the ringside area they go. Head first into the announce table goes Austin and then the same again. Short Arm Clothesline from Austin on the floor. Austin then uses his knee brace to rake the face of Rock and then sends him back into the ring. Stomps to the back of the head of The Rock. Austin then chokes Rock over the middle rope. Austin then drops his weight across the back of Rock and that gets a two count. Into the corner and Rock gets set on the top rope. AUSTIN WITH THE SUPERPLEX ON ROCK !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Austin is now exposing the steel under the buckle padding. Rock then comes back with right hands again and lands a Flying Clothesline. Belly 2 Belly Suplex and that gets a two count. Clothesline sends Austin over the top rope. Around the ring and Austin is driven face first into tables and chairs and Rock will use anything that he can. Earl Hebner falls over the steps now. AUSTIN WITH THE RINGBELL TO THE HEAD OF THE ROCK !!! Rock is now on his feet and then right hands from Austin and it looks like The Rock has been busted open. There is carnage on the floor now. More right hands from Austin. Back into the ring and Austin is landing right hand after right hand on the cut of Rock and the fans are loving this. Austin then chokes Rock. Rock comes back with right hands and then Austin hits a Swinging Neckbreaker and that gets a two count. More right hands from Austin and Rock backs into the corner. Stomping in the corner from Austin. Austin now drives his knee into the face of Rock and then he confronts the referee. Rock explodes out of the corner with the Clothesline. Rock then with more Clotheslines. Rock now comes back with right hands. AUSTIN GETS DRIVEN FACE FIRST INTO THE TOP STEEL BUCKLE THAT WAS EXPOSED !!! The Rock then brings the ringbell into the ring. THE RINGBELL TO THE HEAD OF AUSTIN !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Rock now with right hands to Austin. Rock then drops shots on the head of Austin. To the ringside area and Austin makes the fight back. Rock then gets dropped on the barrier. ROCK GETS SENT HEAD FIRST INTO THE RINGPOST !!! AUSTIN WITH A BIG SHOT TO THE HEAD WITH THE MONITOR !!! Back into the ring and that gets a two count for the challenger. STUNNER ... BLOCKED AND THE ROCK LOCKS IN THE SHARPSHOOTER !!! Austin finds the bottom rope. THE ROCK WITH A SHARPSHOOTER ... Austin goes to the eyes. AUSTIN WITH A SHARPSHOOTER OF HIS OWN !!! The Rock manages to turn his way out of that. Austin then slams the knee of The Rock into the canvas and then a stomp to the stomach. THE SHARPSHOOTER AGAIN !!! The Rock finds the bottom rope. THE MILLION DOLLAR DREAM FROM AUSTIN !!! ROCK WITH THE REVERSAL !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Austin now with right hands to The Rock. THE ROCK LANDS THE STONE COLD STUNNER ON AUSTIN !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Vince McMahon is now heading for the ring. Rock lands right hands on Austin and hits the ropes and runs into the Spinebuster. Austin sent into the ropes and now The Rock has Austin set up. THE PEOPLE'S ELBOW ON AUSTIN !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... MCMAHON PULLS THE ROCK OFF OF AUSTIN !!! The Rock chases McMahon around the ring. AUSTIN LANDS THE ROCK BOTTOM ON THE ROCK !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! STONE COLD STUNNER ... countered and we have a ref bump. Austin with the low blow and then he wants McMahon to bring a chair into the ring. The fans are beginning to realise what's going on. MCMAHON WITH THE CHAIR SHOT ACROSS THE HEAD OF THE ROCK !!! Vince sends the referee into the ring. ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! The cheer is much greater for that kickout than it was for the previous kickouts that The Rock made. THE ROCK LANDS THE ROCK BOTTOM OUT OF NOWHERE !!! McMahon is then landed with a series of right hands. KICK ... STUNNER !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOOOOOOUUUUUTTTTTTTTT !!! Austin takes the chair from McMahon and he sets this. BRUTAL CHAIR SHOT TO THE HEAD OF THE ROCK !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOOOOOOUUUUUTTTTTTTTTT !!! THE ROCK WILL NOT STAY DOWN !!! McMahon looks at Austin as if to say "settle down and finish the job" and Austin does exactly that by laying a big beating on The Rock and getting the three count.

The ending was sensational. Everything about the last few minutes were amazing as they played out the McMahon factor brilliantly, as we slowly but surely through the rest of the match seen exactly how desperate Austin was to win the match. The match was as dramatic as a Wrestlemania main event SHOULD be. *****

Lets look at the stats. TWO matches clocking in at the big 5* mark. Two matches hitting the 4* mark and three others at ***+ means that this is an absolute epic of a PPV. Add to that the fact that the matches NOT hitting those ratings were short, to the point, and fun. What a classic of a PPV.

Do you guys think there will be plenty streams of the rumble? Really wanna stay up and watch it but don't have sky

Use this site, I've been using it for every PPV and WWE/TNA broadcast since Survivor Series and it is yet to be shut down. It'll put the section up for the Rumble nearer the time and it gives you links to embedded streams. Usually has at least 3 or 4 but maybe more since it's a big one.

ICW have confirmed that a DVD of their show named Dazed and Confused will be released on DVD.

I can't stress enough how amazing this show is. It's definately the best live wrestling show I've seen ( and that includes ROH, Dragon Gate, NOAH, CZW and more ).

Just to add to the RR rumour mill:

More than one person within WWE feels its only a matter of time before Batista returns to the organization, reports the Pro Wrestling Torch. He's currently in Thailand filming The Man with the Iron Fist with mixed martial artist Cung Le, his highest profile acting role to date. Russell Crowe and Lucy Liu also star in the movie.