The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Re Marshmallo:

They might just push Gunner up that high though, they've had him beat the World Champion a couple of times now and giving him far more time on screen than only a month or two ago.

Another great move they have made is putting Steiner in Immortal and hopefully more promo time! The guy is the funniest junkie on screen since Spud in Trainspotting!

I just don't think Gunner is ready yet, although it is possible I suppose.

For BFG just now I think they will go:

Sting vs Hogan (somehow)

Crimson vs whoever costs him the BFG or beats him first

Roode vs Storm

Angle vs Jarrett (again)

Anderson could well still be the champ I think. I would like to see him and AJ but doubt that'll happen.

I just think they've pushed him very hard and it's possible.

I'd love to see Sting knock Hogan about like the old duffer that he is.

Would also like them to actually define Anderson right now, he's not exactly a heel going against Immortal but he's certainly no face either and before anyone says it, he's nothing like an Austin sort of character either. Maybe they're shaping him up for something.

Several key WWE sources have informed us that the new priority for talent executive John Laurinaitis is to re-sign Rey Mysterio, whose contract expires early in 2012.

"Laurinaitis has a lot of egg on his face right now," we were told, "think about all the talent that has refused to re-sign. Jericho wouldn't re-sign. MVP wouldn't re-sign. Punk won't re-sign. Even undercard wrestlers like Chavo (Guerrero) won't re-sign right now. Laurinaitis needs a key re-signing to keep his corporate credibility alive right now!"

With the serious fallout from CM Punk's homophobic remarks in Australia, Laurinaitis has targeted keeping Rey Mysterio in the fold as a demonstration to WWE Chairman Vince McMahon he still has the talent under control. "Laurinaitis always had big shoes to fill since he took over from Jim Ross," we were told, "now he has to produce results. This is going to be very interesting to watch!"

Somebody has been well telt:lol:

Confuzzled by this comment, but then, my following of this story was youtubing the promo.

WWE made a real big job of trying to get Punk back, and then he went and called a fan a homo. This pissed people off and they have been assured for real that CM Punk infact will NOT be renewing his contract with WWE. While CM Punk was hilarious slating the fan off, he should have known better.

As for Rey Rey, that SHOULD be something that's within control. If they can't get that sorted, then I feel someone is for the off.

Like Baracus said further back, it's very closely based on The Joker. But he's playing it so well! I've been moaning for weeks that guys like him are at the top being how old he is and all, but his new Joker style character is brilliant entertainment and Impact is becoming a really bloody good show.

The Bound for Glory series is a good addition to the programme but I think it's obvious that Crimson is going to be at least equal top of the league when it closes, I can't see him being given his first defeat unless it's a really bigged up match.

Destination X is going to be the best thing all year! I'll probably avoid this thread until I watch it on the Wednesday after, I really don't want to find out what happens because it's going to be utterly awesome. :)

I can only see a Gunner or Crimson win, tbh, anything else would seem wasted IMO. The only other person who I could see win it would be Morgan but I hope to god he doesn't. I would rather Gunner win it, he's been good recently. Is BFG in October so there's still two PPVs between now and then. I'd have him feud with AJ between now and then.

WWE made a real big job of trying to get Punk back, and then he went and called a fan a homo. This pissed people off and they have been assured for real that CM Punk infact will NOT be renewing his contract with WWE. While CM Punk was hilarious slating the fan off, he should have known better.

As for Rey Rey, that SHOULD be something that's within control. If they can't get that sorted, then I feel someone is for the off.

Maybe he doesn't give a shit if he resigns or not. Right now, Punk is hot as shit. If he's burned his bridges then he'll be taking 90 days out anyway and then he might go to NJPW or ROH, doubt he'd go to TNA, if he turns up at someone else then he'll get a massive reception and he can shoot on Vince and WWE and it'll be amazing. Anyone who can get him will get loads of viewers. If it isn't TNA then I'll watch wherever he goes because he's the best in the business right now(IMO).

Sure he was a bit of an idiot in that he might've lost the chance to make loads of money while wrestling in the best company, but maybe he doesn't want to work with them anymore. In which case, I don't think you can slate him too much.

Even keeping Mysterio won't be easy, has he not sorta wanted out recently?

Doesn't Mysterio have really bad knees? I wouldn't be surprised if he walked away, he's made enough money to retire comfortably.

While Lauranaitis is looking to end up the fall guy, the WWE schedule is surely to blame for wrestlers wanting out? That and the crapy pay for people not at the top of the card?

Let's hope that GLAAD don't look at the vast majority of Cena's promos from when he was really working the white rapper gimmick!

Think Roode will win the BFG series. Just wonder where that leaves the tag team division. Can see British Invasion winning the titles, but they don;t have many teams left. Perhaps when/if Jeff comes back he and Chilly McFreeze will reunite thier team? Only really Ink Inc and Mexican America I can think of. Oh and Young and Jordan. They'll have to create some new teams if they want to keep the division strong.

Dear me, forgot about the MCMGs! And Generation Me. Neither team been seen for ages now. I know that one of the MCMGs is injured now, but what about the other lad? Shelley/Sabin should be in the X Division whilst waiting for Sabin/Shelly to come back if they're continuing with the tag team.

Sting's new gimmick isn't based on The Joker, it fucking IS The Joker!

The only way Roode would win BFG is if they split up Beer Money which I can't see happening due to the lack of tag teams as you've mentioned. I can't see them bigging up Gunner and Crimson's undefeated "Streak" (nearly had steak until I checked my spelling, super steak!) by letting them fall by the way with this. Crimson's shown a lot of potential and like I said before, whenever he finally get's defeated it'll be a big PPV event.

I think they'll split Beer Money. They are one of the best things in wrestling as a team but they have too much potential as a individuals for them not to be pushed as singles wrestlers. A match between those two at BFG would be good.

They're seemingly very high on Roode and see him as a future World Champion. And I do too. He's got all the skills; good in the ring, can interact well with the crowd, good talker. Surely will win the title this year or next.

Yeah Beer Money will sadly be splitting up. Roode has been shit hot recently so it's no surprise. The injury angle and that it cost them will build it. Them wrestling each other at BFG makes sense. Would Storm go heel? He does have the tendencies to make a decent enough heel.

Yeah Beer Money will sadly be splitting up. Roode has been shit hot recently so it's no surprise. The injury angle and that it cost them will build it. Them wrestling each other at BFG makes sense. Would Storm go heel? He does have the tendencies to make a decent enough heel.

The very first time I can remember watching TNA was on Bravo 3 or 4 years ago (I think) and it was Storm - Harris in a PPV match after they'd split and Storm had smashed him in the face with a beer bottle. He was a heel at that point and I remember him being pretty good at it, can only see him being excellent in the role now he's developed so much. Roode could also be a top class face I think and a World title run is definitely a possibility.

The very first time I can remember watching TNA was on Bravo 3 or 4 years ago (I think) and it was Storm - Harris in a PPV match after they'd split and Storm had smashed him in the face with a beer bottle. He was a heel at that point and I remember him being pretty good at it, can only see him being excellent in the role now he's developed so much. Roode could also be a top class face I think and a World title run is definitely a possibility.

Yeah, they were both pretty good faces in their run against the LAX, and then were good heels in their run against AJ and Daniels.

I'd possibly have them in a face vs face, who's the better man type angle, although that could impact negatively on the loser.

I can only see a Roode win in the feud though. It's pretty obvious that they're gonna push him, even if he wasn't injured they still left him out of the title match a while back(when Shelley took his place). Probably just as a precaution cause he's in their plans soon.

Watching PWG's Kurt Russellmania, is Shane Helms just unabashedly pretending he's 1-2-3 Kid now?

He might be X-Pac from the 2001 era. i.e. shit. He was absolutely terrible that night but he WAS wrestling Joey Ryan I suppose. What can you do?

That show is terrific though. Low Ki vs. Davey Richards reached the high end of my match of the year list so far. Kevin Steen vs. Chris Hero is brilliant and the main event between Claudio and Generico is also brilliant.

Gonna be watching the CZW Tournament of Death soon. CZW have stepped up with the big shows this year and DJ Hyde seems to be shedding some of the old images, and by bringing in the BJW guys, he's even shed their "shit deathmatch" image by actually having some belters.

He might be X-Pac from the 2001 era. i.e. shit. He was absolutely terrible that night but he WAS wrestling Joey Ryan I suppose. What can you do?

That show is terrific though. Low Ki vs. Davey Richards reached the high end of my match of the year list so far. Kevin Steen vs. Chris Hero is brilliant and the main event between Claudio and Generico is also brilliant.

Gonna be watching the CZW Tournament of Death soon. CZW have stepped up with the big shows this year and DJ Hyde seems to be shedding some of the old images, and by bringing in the BJW guys, he's even shed their "shit deathmatch" image by actually having some belters.

I had it on in the background so I didn't really watch the other matches but when I saw Helms at first I was like "Oh cool it's 1-2-3 Kid" but then I noticed it was Shane Helms and I was like "Oh..." What I did see of the show seemed really good though, the Legends Battle Royal was pretty funny with everyone selling Piper's eye poke EXCEPT Chavo Classic who has to be eye poked 3 times before he'd sell it. Of the serious stuff on the show it did look very, very good though.

I might check CZW out, I was always put off their deathmatch stuff because it just seemed so inane that I didn't really want to spend 3 hours watching guys go out and have the same match every 20 minutes.