The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Who's wearing a Gene Simmons mask?! Was taking finishers from Beth Phoenix and Kelly Kelly some sort of punishment then? Who's the guy who gives Punk a seated senton splash? Edited: is that Dolph Ziggler?!

It's Zack Ryder who does the seated senton.

Size has nothing to do with it. Chris Jericho isn't exactly a big guy and it's well documented that he could probably maul about 95% of the WWE roster.

Come now, size has quite a bit to do with it. True, a guy who has skills in fighting and is tough would be able to take out a larger opponent, but there's a reason there's no freeweight division in the UFC. Anyway, why the f**k are we even talking about this?! :lol:

It's Zack Ryder who does the seated senton.

Ah. The big 'Z' on his trunks should have been a giveaway!

Anyone who thinks Jericho could 'maul' people such as Khali, Big Show & Kane are just talking pish. Even 'auld men' like Taker would wipe the floor with Jericho.

Come now, size has quite a bit to do with it. True, a guy who has skills in fighting and is tough would be able to take out a larger opponent, but there's a reason there's no freeweight division in the UFC.

There used to be. Watch the first ever ufc fight for size vs skill.

Anyone who thinks Jericho could 'maul' people such as Khali, Big Show & Kane are just talking pish. Even 'auld men' like Taker would wipe the floor with Jericho.

Jericho got in an altercation with Goldberg back in the day in WCW where he grabbed him in a front head lock and mauled him around the locker room. Jericho mentions it in several interviews, saying he did maul but he was terrified to let go incase Goldberg destroyed him. I read Regals book and he spoke about it saying he thought Jericho was going to kill Goldberg.

I wouldn't be convinced about Khali mauling anyone to be honest. I mean, he COULD if he gets his hands on them, but how on earth could someone let that lumbering idiot get his hands on them?

And I DID say 95 percent of them. I'd suggest Taker and Show would both ragdoll Jericho. Kane isn't THAT big is he? And if Goldberg can get trapped by Jericho, and that guy is as tough as nails, then I'm sure Jericho could deal with him.

Speaking of size differences, didn't Joey Styles floor JBL one time?

Anyway, why the f**k are we even talking about this?!

Probably makes an interesting wee side discussion for the weekend. Destination X is on right now. I completely forgot about that. I'll be giving that a bash tomorrow.

I wouldn't be convinced about Khali mauling anyone to be honest. I mean, he COULD if he gets his hands on them, but how on earth could someone let that lumbering idiot get his hands on them?

And I DID say 95 percent of them. I'd suggest Taker and Show would both ragdoll Jericho. Kane isn't THAT big is he? And if Goldberg can get trapped by Jericho, and that guy is as tough as nails, then I'm sure Jericho could deal with him.

The only guys in genuinely believe would be able to handle themselves in WWE are Taker and Punk. Taker because he is a hard b*****d. Punk because he has trained in both Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu.

Speaking of size differences, didn't Joey Styles floor JBL one time?

Aye. Gave him a hook and JBL never bothered him again out of shame :lol:

Probably makes an interesting wee side discussion for the weekend. Destination X is on right now. I completely forgot about that. I'll be giving that a bash tomorrow.

Dirty b*****d! Just watch the wrestling instead.:P

Just watched the contract match, four guys knocking their pan in, crowd really enjoying it and still Mike Tenay can't muster anything remotely resembling enthusiasm. With all the changes the company are making, when on Earth are they going to get this loser away from the announce table.

Just watched the contract match, four guys knocking their pan in, crowd really enjoying it and still Mike Tenay can't muster anything remotely resembling enthusiasm. With all the changes the company are making, when on Earth are they going to get this loser away from the announce table.

Just thinking, what on earth ever happened to Tony Schiavone?

The hardest wrestler ever must be Steve Blackman.

A lot from around that era were genuine hard nuts.

Shamrock and Severin for obvious reasons. Steve Williams as well (Dr. Death, not Stone Cold). One of the very hardest was Bart Gunn though, he won all the tough man shoot fights witihn the locker room. That's why he had a shoot boxing match with, and got KTFO by Butterbean at Mania, effectively ending his WWF career.

On the fight talk, is everyone forgetting that Del rio was a pro MMA fighter prior to wrestling? Fighting CroCop infact. I'd have Take up there too if it weren't for all his injuries.

Harg - You still going to one of the DGUK shows? PBW/ICW are running that weekend up here on the Sat/Sun, so I'm adding ICW to the weekend for me.

On the fight talk, is everyone forgetting that Del rio was a pro MMA fighter prior to wrestling? Fighting CroCop infact. I'd have Take up there too if it weren't for all his injuries.

Forgot all about ADR. Also, I think Yoshi Tatsu is supposed to be a bit of a scrapper is he not?

Forgot all about ADR. Also, I think Yoshi Tatsu is supposed to be a bit of a scrapper is he not?

Tatsu would deffo go up there, when he worked / trained in Japan they teach shoot techniques with your wrestling (to give credibility), so he'd have some knowledge.

From this weeks WO re the Punk situation.

As far as when he returns, since he isn’t under contract, that decision is up to him. The situations that made him unhappy and want out won’t be changing all that differently when he comes back. If he’s got nagging injuries from working the schedule for so many years straight with only one break, coming from an injury several months back, time off will allow him to heal, and it’ll alleviate any mental burnout he may be suffering from. But all the issues with the company that he’s not been happy with aren’t changing any time soon. From those close to him, he doesn’t live an extravagant lifestyle, has made a lot of money the past several years, and can sit for a long time with no financial duress. Plus, coming off this angle, he could work anywhere he wanted, whether it be indies or international, and be booked as much as he wants and make a good living.

WWE has just trademarked Punk’s name for merchandising. That means they are looking at putting out a product line for him. That doesn’t necessarily mean he’s turning babyface (although the TV certainly indicated that, as did the Australia match), but it’s another hint.

Punk giving WWE the rights to his name was an issue in the past. It would indicate both a new deal has been reached in some form. Regarding Punk’s ownership of his name, even though WWE has trademarked the name, since Punk brought the name with him into the business relationship, they can never stop him from using it after leaving the relationship because he created the intellectual property. This just gives WWE the right to merchandise the name and likeness.

So he'll still carry his name if / once he leaves the WWE, it's purely a marketing tool to sell more things, and thus make him more cash.

He'll be back at some point.

No question there mate, it's just what he does in the mean time that leaves doors open. I've got afeeling he'll do a tour with some band as a roadie, likely Paramore seen as he's mates with Haley.