The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Great match at the end there, although it has made Rey look very weak again.

I think they have gone far too soon with the Punk return, should have kept him off WWE TV for another week or two at least. Loving the entrance music though, I want to go and play GTA San Andreas again now!

*edit. I just noticed that Punk tweeted during Raw saying that he is on holiday in Hawaii!

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

I think they have gone far too soon with the Punk return, should have kept him off WWE TV for another week or two at least. Loving the entrance music though, I want to go and play GTA San Andreas again now!

I agree, before it had the feel that it was a work(obviously it's not) but things like him crashing Comic Con and the indy show made it feel like it was. But him coming in to an entrance music and theme makes it obvious that it isn't.

If he'd come down with some sort of megaphone and an ipod then it'd have been more believable.

Haven't seen Raw yet, but read the spoilers and it sounds like it was a pretty good show.

Really disappointed that they've brought Punk back so soon. Was really hoping they'd kep him off tv until at least after SummerSlam while booking him on chat shows (slating his treatment in WWE), keeping sporadic Independent appearances, even - as suggested by someone above - the odd in-crowd appearance without a mention or acknowledgement. Could have really built the angle to a fever pitch.

They've ruined the angle with the early return, it could have been so much better......

in saying that I loved it. As soon as I heard the music I recognised it was him straight away and started going mental.

Does him using "Cult of Personality" hint at link has infact been forged between WWE and ROH.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

They've ruined the angle with the early return, it could have been so much better......

in saying that I loved it. As soon as I heard the music I recognised it was him straight away and started going mental.

Does him using "Cult of Personality" hint at link has infact been forged between WWE and ROH.

I don't think so, WWE used it already for Austin's Hall of Fame video. Maybe they already had the rights to it?

I can't believe they put him on TV so soon. They better have something brilliant planned for next week.

Gutted at the 2 "re-signings". I got told off a guy at my work that they'd brought back two guys and I was dreaming of it being Batista and Jericho or something.

Cole's promo was class but they should've used it to make him a heel manager.

They missed the boat on Ryder by about 2 months. His popularity's peaked.

I didn't recognise the music and for a minute didn't think anyone was coming out. I agree it's too soon to bring him back, the longer they'd have kept the fans guessing the better IMO. That said I was well chuffed to see him come out.

I still think it sucks that they put the belt straight back on Cena, ok they are going for the champ v champ angle but I feel it's too soon and they should have tried to push other guys on the roster, Cena could have got the belt from ADR at SS with Punk coming out then.

On a side note I'm lovin the ADR trying to cash on the case then pulling out cos he thinks he's got to work for it!