The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I don't watch TNA, haven't for years, but I'm guessing that Garrett Bischoff is simply being pushed to the moon despite being a rookie, just because his dad's in a position of power?

Seems the logical explanation, he's not very good. He's leading the Lethal Lockdown team as well huh.gif Not gonna say who's in the teams because I don't think that episode has aired here yet.

Yeah the curve on this feud has been top notch. Not enough to save face with all the other crap that's been going on. But almost.

Do Challenge still show the ppvs midweek?

Wednesday night.

Lockdown should be good, usually TNA's best PPV IMO and the Roode-Storm match should be class.

I try to avoid all promos and segments in the few weeks I've went back to TNA, I just look for the matches, but Roode has always been fantastic, they should have pushed him to where he is now 2 years ago.

Roode and Aries promos are always pretty good. Not sure when Impact airs here so I'll spoiler it just in case

Seems like they've turned Aries face. Had him team up with Storm last week and he's in Garrett's lockdown team. Not sure how I feel about it, not sure if he can replicate that as a face.

I don't like how they've just sort of cobbled the Lethal Lockdown together. Makes sense that Eric has recruited Ray and Gunner but Daniels and Kazarian? Ugh. And then Garrett's team. Nothing in common, other than they're feuding with the members of Eric's team. And also, like a month ago no one wanted to team with Garrett, I believe AJ was one of the ones who turned him down before Hardy accepted. The only thing that's happened is he fluked some wins in three minute challenges against Angle, and even that he just lasted the time, didn't even pin Angle. It hasn't be mentioned, there's been no segments to suggest he's gained the respect of any of the other members so why does he suddenly have the clout to recruit 4 other team members?

I tend to skip most segments tbh. Knockouts, Morgan/Crimson matches are ALWAYS skipped aswell.

edit: I totally didn't intend for that last paragraph to happen, just went on a massive tangent laugh.gif

Edited by forehead7

Spoiler filled thoughts and will be tagged as I go.

Lethal Lockdown

Weird way to open the show. First thing to note is that the ring sounds very funny, and the heat from the crowd is a bit... erm... limited. Still better than the Zone though. Bully Ray brings the first amusement as #3 man in the match and promptly beats the shit out of poor Garett Bischoff. Kazarian turns up with a pure skinhead, prompting a "You Look Stupid" chant. The first section of the match really does just seem to be treading water untill Styles arrives and brings the awesome for a short time. When Eric turns up, the match begins to take steps towards the match beyond. The match beyond is fun but not great. All in all, the entire match is a bit underwhelming. **1/4

Samoa Joe and Magnus © vs. Motor City Machine Guns - TNA Tag Team Championships

The action is fairly sloppy in the early going actually with all four men. Have they just moved the Impact Zone crowd in here? This lot are absolutely awful! This was really solid tag team formula stuff when they got beyond that though, in spite of the fucking dreadful audience in there. A good win for the champs as well. ***

Devon © vs. Robbie E - TNA TV Championship

This is going to be dreadful, isn't it? It's kept short which I am thankful for. Robbie E also did little things right with the oppertunity that he had in there. Easy win for Devon though. *

Gail Kim © vs. Velvet Sky - TNA Knockouts Championship

So this is how we follow a poor effort. By throwing out another poor effort. Rubbish. Actually some decent pacing to this match and most of the offense looks pretty good so I'll give credit where it's due. It kinda loses points for the finishing sequence where they put too much stock in the big spot. It was still a fun effort though. **1/4

We now have a segment between Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan which does seem to come across as a brutal waste of time for the most part, apart from Flair slagging off some fans at ringside. It ends with Hogan flooring Flair and heading for the back. Well, I'll take it.

Crimson vs. Matt Morgan

This match has intrigue because of the undefeated thing. Will they finally have someone take him out? It strikes me that Morgan would be a bit of a waste. The match served a purpose I suppose. It wasn't dreadful or anything, even if the ending really was. Was I honestly supposed to believe Matt Morgan couldn't get out of that position? That was ridiculous. **

Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy

Both men have had a lot to say about this match actually. Kurt Angle in particular suggests that there's no reason they can't put on a better match than Taker and HHH did, and I'd be inclined to agree with that. I love Angle stalking Hardy while he's in control, just enjoying every second of the beating he lays on. Erm... not sure they QUITE matched the Mania match there. They did give it a hell of a shot. It bettered it in the sense that it didn't feel like there was any wasted motion, yet the HHH/Taker match had better storytelling. It's a real close thing, but this is VERY enjoyable. ****

Rosita and Sarita vs. Eric Young and ODB

The placing makes sense given what we've just seen. Eric Young's schtick gets very tired, very fast. Nothing match here and actually kinda shite. 1/2*

Robert Roode © vs. James Storm - TNA Heavyweight Championship

Would be nice if the second big one managed to deliver as much as Angle/Hardy did, or even more. I ALWAYS find myself losing interest in Robert Roode matches. It's strange as he's not bad in the ring, and he has all the tools. There's just something about what he does that just makes me want to see his matches over. I always like that ending to a cage match though. The match is very "meh". **

Edited by DomDom

Roode and Aries promos are always pretty good. Not sure when Impact airs here so I'll spoiler it just in case

Seems like they've turned Aries face. Had him team up with Storm last week and he's in Garrett's lockdown team. Not sure how I feel about it, not sure if he can replicate that as a face.

I don't like how they've just sort of cobbled the Lethal Lockdown together. Makes sense that Eric has recruited Ray and Gunner but Daniels and Kazarian? Ugh. And then Garrett's team. Nothing in common, other than they're feuding with the members of Eric's team. And also, like a month ago no one wanted to team with Garrett, I believe AJ was one of the ones who turned him down before Hardy accepted. The only thing that's happened is he fluked some wins in three minute challenges against Angle, and even that he just lasted the time, didn't even pin Angle. It hasn't be mentioned, there's been no segments to suggest he's gained the respect of any of the other members so why does he suddenly have the clout to recruit 4 other team members?

I tend to skip most segments tbh. Knockouts, Morgan/Crimson matches are ALWAYS skipped aswell.

edit: I totally didn't intend for that last paragraph to happen, just went on a massive tangent laugh.gif

Think it is wednesday night

The feud between Mick Foley and FCW star Dean Ambrose continued on Twitter this weekend. Foley referenced a TNA segment between he and Ric Flair back in 2010, which is embedded blow, and wrote:

"I'm going to start working on a pretty thorough piece addressing this whole Dean Ambrose thing. It might rub many the wrong way. We'll see."

"My blog is going to have to wait until my new @WWE book deal is finalized. Too important to blow on someone like @thedeanambrose #verucasalt"

"This Dec 2010 promo with me & Flair seems to be where the entire Ambrose philosophy comes from."

"Please watch and RT this Foley/Flair Impact promo from December 2010 to better understand my eventual response."

Ambrose replied:

"Hmm, Ric is right, Only Ric wasn't one of those kids.I'm far more evolved, I'm far too damaged. Way past the point of no return #thanksmick"

"Oh, also you did a great job of taking tv away from great young talent in that segment. Then you stole their money and left #thanksmick"

This is actually turning into a pretty good story. I hope they use the same story when Ambrose gets promoted.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Ric Flair was in unbelievable form about that time, loved the match the two of them had in the aftermath of that segment.

I forgot just how great he was. "The solution is...kiss my ass"

"When I die, it'll be in this ring or on top of a wild woman. I'd prefer it in here but I'll go either way" laugh.gif