The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

And Brock's NFL "career".

And the whole anonymous GM which was completely unresolved.

As for Cena getting shat on, it is a good thing. The guy is unfortunate in that creative have essentially used the same formula for the PG era of him getting beaten up by a heel stable before going superman and beating all the odds. Similar thing has happened to Orton recently who has fallen out of the main event picture.

And the whole anonymous GM which was completely unresolved.

I wish they had resolved that, although I don't think they ever really had anyone in mind. It worked well at the time though.

As for Cena getting shat on, it is a good thing. The guy is unfortunate in that creative have essentially used the same formula for the PG era of him getting beaten up by a heel stable before going superman and beating all the odds. Similar thing has happened to Orton recently who has fallen out of the main event picture.

I think it's a big few months for John Cena as we definitely seem to be seeing a shift in the direction the company is going. The early signs are positive though as he's come across as being pretty hard in the Lesnar feud. Last week's bust up and this week's promo were great. I suppose it's similar to when Hogan joined the nWo and changed his character up. I think he can pull it off.

Orton should be in the main event picture IMO but he's been discussed to death on here and I can understand why people would disagree.

Whilst it's being touted as the 'People Power Era' can we officially say we've left the PG Era?

No. I think it's in a sort of limbo at the moment. They seem to be leaning towards it, in an attempt to see what sponsors are going to say, which is a step forward. But trying to keep within the boundaries so as not to piss them off TOO much. I suspect we'll see more and more leaning to the more adult stuff.

I think it's a big few months for John Cena as we definitely seem to be seeing a shift in the direction the company is going. The early signs are positive though as he's come across as being pretty hard in the Lesnar feud. Last week's bust up and this week's promo were great. I suppose it's similar to when Hogan joined the nWo and changed his character up. I think he can pull it off.

Orton should be in the main event picture IMO but he's been discussed to death on here and I can understand why people would disagree.

Even if you ignore what he does in the ring, I don't exactly see how Orton CAN'T be in the main events. The guy is still hot as f**k and over as rover, so why is he jobbing in the midcard while Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio will be going after Sheamus? Is that REALLY the best idea? You could even have him fued with whoever the spare part in that three way fued is gonna be, because it's fairly obvious Daniel Bryan isn't done with it QUITE yet, as his rematch clause has been brought up.

As for John Cena, he always has spells out of the title picture. Nexus, Big Show and other stuff. He's always at the forefront of what WWE does though, as he is right now. I wouldn't be worried about where they go with him. He's still the big mover in WWE. Jobbing to Lord Tensai was a massive thing right enough though. Lets not forget he has this big match with Lesnar coming though, so in that respect, the focus is on him and they can easily just say Cena's mind is on other things. Tensai still gets a win in which he looked good ( from a going over standpoint I mean ) as well.

I think Miz beating Cena at Mania is now considered by the WWE to be brushed under the same carpet as Biker Taker and Chris Benoit. It shall never be spoken of again.

Miz mentioned it quite a lot in the buildup to Mania while he was searching for a match so it's by no means been swept under the carpet.

I wish they had resolved that, although I don't think they ever really had anyone in mind. It worked well at the time though.

It gave Cole some good heat. I would've liked a resolution, but then I watched Lost so I can't fault the WWE for not tying up one loose end.

He should be. Regardless of how anyone feels about him in the ring(I don't like him), he's still a massive draw. But I think it's good that they're allowing other people to roam around the title. Let's not forget that Orton has a long time in it. The Christian and Mark Henry feuds and title changes lasted a good few months.

Even if you ignore what he does in the ring, I don't exactly see how Orton CAN'T be in the main events. The guy is still hot as f**k and over as rover, so why is he jobbing in the midcard while Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio will be going after Sheamus? Is that REALLY the best idea? You could even have him fued with whoever the spare part in that three way fued is gonna be, because it's fairly obvious Daniel Bryan isn't done with it QUITE yet, as his rematch clause has been brought up.

Agree about Orton, but not sure about the QUITE in that last line, as Bryan's ridiculously over at the moment too, which, if it continues, will see him in the main event picture for a long time I think, which, for me anyway, he definitely deserves to be as his work this year has been just about the best around both in and out of the ring.

There needs to be guys in the midcard that people REALLY care about, and I'd love if Daniel Bryan became something of a Cena to the undercard. I think that'd do him more favours than what I feel will be the inevitable main event crushing.

He should be. Regardless of how anyone feels about him in the ring(I don't like him), he's still a massive draw. But I think it's good that they're allowing other people to roam around the title. Let's not forget that Orton has a long time in it. The Christian and Mark Henry feuds and title changes lasted a good few months.

I look at Orton the other way about.

He's made signficant improvement in regards to his in-ring ability over the last couple of years, yet he never has been and never will be a draw.

McMahon's always been high on him, yet no matter how much they've pushed him, he's failed to became the major star that WWE wanted him to become. He's miles behind Cena and CM Punk and i don't think he's got much time left in the industry, as the amount of concussions that he's sustained in his career are beginning to catch up with him.

Feel bad for shitting on the Miz parade considering the potential I feel he has if booked right, but what has he done SINCE Wrestlemania?

Which Mania? tongue.gif My point was that they're not sweeping Miz's win over Cena at Mania under the carpet like they have done with Benoit.

I look at Orton the other way about.

He's made signficant improvement in regards to his in-ring ability over the last couple of years, yet he never has been and never will be a draw.

McMahon's always been high on him, yet no matter how much they've pushed him, he's failed to became the major star that WWE wanted him to become. He's miles behind Cena and CM Punk and i don't think he's got much time left in the industry, as the amount of concussions that he's sustained in his career are beginning to catch up with him.

He always gets massive cheers when he comes out and he doesn't get the boos that Cena does so in terms of positive and negative crowd reaction, he's definitely more in the positive.

I don't really know how you define a draw since he doesn't exactly main event PPVs or shows. I'd imagine he does very well through merch sales though.

Curtis Hawkins has been future endeavoured going by his twitter.

Not sure if its another work or not.

On NXT - Regal put tag partners Hawkins and Reks against each other with the loser to be 'fired' - Reks won the match but Regal fired them both anyway.

Its a shame because as a tag team I thought they were very good and excellent on the mic. Much much better than Darren Young & Titus O'Neill who have just been promoted to Smackdown and were on it this week.

I love that move. He did it in ROH once, but Daniel Bryan caught the arm and in one foul swoop, used it to swing around to the other arm and get a Crucifix Bomb for the win.

One of the most amazing finishes ever to a match.