The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Actually just watched his video showcasing a few more of his moves - can't wait to see him debut

Edit - his finisher at 1:21 looks even better on this video

I hope that's not his theme in WWE, wasn't that the shitty music they gave Dean Malenko?

But yeah, he's good and that finisher is quality.

Anyone seen anything of the Territory League? Seemingly it has Gene Snitsky, Rikishi, Grand Master Sexay, Scotty 2 Hotty, Chavo & Gangrel amongst others competing in it.

Edited by Ludo *1

It was originally meant to be for the draft, but that has almost certainly been scrapped now. There is pretty much no difference between the rosters anymore, except that Brock Lesnar and John " The hardest working man in the WWE (not Tuesdays)" Cena don't appear on Smackdown.

It would be nice if they used the extra hour to give us some decent length wrestling matches, but I'm sure they'll have a shit gimmick to ruin things. Thankfully nothing can be as pish as "Throwback" Smackdown.

I wish they had resolved that, although I don't think they ever really had anyone in mind. It worked well at the time though.

I think it's a big few months for John Cena as we definitely seem to be seeing a shift in the direction the company is going. The early signs are positive though as he's come across as being pretty hard in the Lesnar feud. Last week's bust up and this week's promo were great. I suppose it's similar to when Hogan joined the nWo and changed his character up. I think he can pull it off.

Orton should be in the main event picture IMO but he's been discussed to death on here and I can understand why people would disagree.

The thing about Orton in this stage of his career is he's that established as a superstar that it doesn't matter where he is on the card, he's still one of the top boys of the company. I'd rather he was feuding with some 'upper-midcarders' than picking up countless more World Title reigns. He's still young (just turned 32 - younger than Sheamus, Del Rio etc.) and has another decade in him at least of main eventing.

"If the right situation, the right opponent and the right circumstances came up for the WWE, then it would certainly be something worth considering. Could I have another match or two? Yeah. Physically I am in really good shape right now. People seem to think I am half-dead!… In my movies, I do some pretty hellacious fight scenes that, maybe, a normal person couldn't do. So my physicality is fine, my neck is fine after having it all fused-up. I am not pitching for another match but if it was a win-win situation for everybody, then absolutely, I would consider it."

"If the right situation, the right opponent and the right circumstances came up for the WWE, then it would certainly be something worth considering. Could I have another match or two? Yeah. Physically I am in really good shape right now. People seem to think I am half-dead!… In my movies, I do some pretty hellacious fight scenes that, maybe, a normal person couldn't do. So my physicality is fine, my neck is fine after having it all fused-up. I am not pitching for another match but if it was a win-win situation for everybody, then absolutely, I would consider it."

Is this not a pretty old quote? I seem to remember reading it months ago, or something similar.

Is this not a pretty old quote? I seem to remember reading it months ago, or something similar.

Pretty sure it was dated 17 April 2012 so only a few days ago. Only posted it because a while back I seem to remember someone hinted that anyone who thought Austin would wrestle a match again was stupid.

I still think Austin-Punk will happen at Mania 29 or 30.

Pretty sure it was dated 17 April 2012 so only a few days ago. Only posted it because a while back I seem to remember someone hinted that anyone who thought Austin would wrestle a match again was stupid.

I still think Austin-Punk will happen at Mania 29 or 30.

Well then he must have been spouting something similar a while back, I definetly remember reading along the same lines. I hope it does happen. A feud with Punk could be magnificent.

In my opinion, if it does happen it should top the bill regardless if Rock vs Brock happens or not.

Rumours suggest the Foley vs Ambrose rivalry have been scrapped as Foley hasn't reacted kindly to Ambrose's style - Could well be a work, however.

Punk/Austin over Rock/Brock? Not a chance. The fact that one of the guys in the match is CM Punk doesn't help it for a start. Secondly, no matter what Austin says, he's in a horrible state. He was more honest nearer the time of Wrestlemania XIX when he said one bump could kill him. He's beginning to get itchy feet. There is a HUGE difference between what is taking bumps on basically a judo mat in a big main event, and taking even faker punches and kicks than you would in a wrestling ring.

You'd also have to consider that if Cena/Taker happened, that'd take billing over it as well, as it's the biggest match WWE can possibly put on right now that they have done Rock/Cena.

Punk/Austin over Rock/Brock? Not a chance. The fact that one of the guys in the match is CM Punk doesn't help it for a start. Secondly, no matter what Austin says, he's in a horrible state. He was more honest nearer the time of Wrestlemania XIX when he said one bump could kill him. He's beginning to get itchy feet. There is a HUGE difference between what is taking bumps on basically a judo mat in a big main event, and taking even faker punches and kicks than you would in a wrestling ring.

You'd also have to consider that if Cena/Taker happened, that'd take billing over it as well, as it's the biggest match WWE can possibly put on right now that they have done Rock/Cena.

Austin, like it or not, was/is bigger than either Rock or Brock were/are. How can you determine that you know better than Austin over Austin's own body?:lol: One bad bump can kill anyone. Cena/Taker - Granted I'd have that as top bill, but when was the last time a Taker match closed Mania? (Even though it should)

Austin, like it or not, was/is bigger than either Rock or Brock were/are. How can you determine that you know better than Austin over Austin's own body?:lol: One bad bump can kill anyone. Cena/Taker - Granted I'd have that as top bill, but when was the last time a Taker match closed Mania? (Even though it should)

2 year ago against Michaels :P

I would agree that any Austin comeback match would be bigger at Mania next year than anything involving Rock and Brock. Rocks had his comeback and Brock will have likely wrestled at least half a dozen times by then.

What a dream I had last night lads, I was in the WWE and was in a 4 way for the streak at WM. I woke up near the end of the match but had a big smile on my face, wrestling dreams are brilliant and bizarre at the same time!.

A particular highlight of the dream and match was how I was eliminated from the match, after a brawl with Daniel Bryan which resulted in us fighting through the corridors he knocked me out with a spinning kick, when I woke up I was in one of those old school steel lifts, you know the see through ones with the shutter door. I woke up in a daze to see that Bryan had padlocked the door and pressed for the lift to go to another floor, as the lift was moving down he stood there shouting YES YES YES haha!, brilliant!.

I felt the need to share that with you all haha!.

2 year ago against Michaels :P

I would agree that any Austin comeback match would be bigger at Mania next year than anything involving Rock and Brock. Rocks had his comeback and Brock will have likely wrestled at least half a dozen times by then.

Genuinely didn't think that was the closing match when thinking back, but I remember it now.

Austin, like it or not, was/is bigger than either Rock or Brock were/are. How can you determine that you know better than Austin over Austin's own body?

I'm actually going by what Austin himself said. Not surprising longer down the line he's backtracking as he misses it. Of course, that quote was a while back. I highly doubt WWE will ever put him back in a wrestling ring.

You can't trust a wrestler with their own body. If you could, we wouldn't have had so many RIP Misawa posts. Edge is in the same boat and has made the same noises. I bet the same amount of time down the line, we'll be seeing these same comments from him.

One bad bump can kill anyone. Cena/Taker - Granted I'd have that as top bill,

but when was the last time a Taker match closed Mania?

Someone with the spinal injuries that Austin has is a bit more likely to snuff it in the middle of a ring. If you put him in the kind of match he had with Rikishi at No Mercy 2000 then it could work, but would that main event a show?

Taker/HBK closed two years ago. ;)