The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Kevin Nash was one third of the biggest angle in the history of professional wrestling. Unless by "shite" you mean he doesn't perform a style of wrestling akin to Jack Evans or Davey Richards, and even then he wouldn't be "overrated" because no one sees him as some great technician.

Credit where credit is due, he's done a lot with his lack of visible talent. I think only Hogan can surpass him in them stakes, but then Hogan has a bucket load of charisma on his side, so it is close.

Triple H's involvement was actually quite good. Nash's was pretty dodgy. He was stuttering all over the shop. He was at his best when he was kicking the shit out of folk. It started really well too so I was disappointed with how it winded up going.

The Ladder Match him and HHH had was a cracker though.

It just felt like Hunter and Nash blatantly cashed in on the hype surrounding Punk last year. Punk vs HHH should have been the natural conclusion to the angle, but it somehow ended up being all about HHH and Nash. The silence and "what" chants that greeted every Nash appearance showed how little the audience cared about him, although admittedly he did get a huge pop at the 2011 Rumble.

The match at TLC was very good considering Nash's limitations

It just felt like Hunter and Nash blatantly cashed in on the hype surrounding Punk last year.

The WWE wanted to give Nash an angle against someone as a good farewell and HHH is someone who he felt he could work well with. It wasn't them cashing in. It was WWE looking to give Nash a belter of a final WWE match which was delivered.

I agree that it wasn't where the Punk stuff should have been, but Punk's decline ( if you could really call it that ) came as soon as he returned after Money in the Bank. HHH/Nash thing played it's part though.

I won't deny Nash has done f**k all of any real note ( good match or not, I don't think that HHH fued was particularly noteworthy ) for a very long time, but there WAS a time when he was one of the hottest commodities in the business. I just have never liked that being overlooked.

The WWE wanted to give Nash an angle against someone as a good farewell and HHH is someone who he felt he could work well with. It wasn't them cashing in. It was WWE looking to give Nash a belter of a final WWE match which was delivered.

I agree that it wasn't where the Punk stuff should have been, but Punk's decline ( if you could really call it that ) came as soon as he returned after Money in the Bank. HHH/Nash thing played it's part though.

I won't deny Nash has done f**k all of any real note ( good match or not, I don't think that HHH fued was particularly noteworthy ) for a very long time, but there WAS a time when he was one of the hottest commodities in the business. I just have never liked that being overlooked.

No doubt that at one point Nash was an important player in the industry. His role as HBK's bodyguard was played out patiently and brilliantly, and made him a star (kind of in a similar vein to Batista with Triple H). He gets knocked for being a low drawing champ but thats as much to do with the product around him and the state of the WWF at that time. This was the era of Jean Pierre Lafitte dressing as a pirate and stealing Bret Hart's jacket, of Isaac Yankem, of Men on a Mission, of Duke Drose, etc. Then he was an integral part of arguably the biggest angle of all time. He does have his place in wrestling history.

He's managed to keep himself relatively relevant by networking behind the scenes. Good on him. Very few folk that meet him have a bad word to say about him. If that's helped him become or stay a millionaire then good for him. He was never the best wrestler but what does that actually mean anyway? He'son a legends contract which is where he probably should be. He's carved a decent niche out for himself. He's entitled to his opinion, not that I agree with it but it gets people talking. And keeps himself in the limelight to an extent. He's always been a smart cookie.

Ah right. I guess because they're dead they're beyond the reach of opinion then.

My mistake.

It is when the opinion is trying to suggest that they're size has anything to do with their character, or lack of.

He says they are a similar height to the referees. They are a similar height to the referees.

If it's not a swipe at their look and how that relates to their performances or legitimacy then it's a null point. If he isn't saying that their size affects their ability then what the f**k is his point?

It is when the opinion is trying to suggest that they're size has anything to do with their character, or lack of.

If it's not a swipe at their look and how that relates to their performances or legitimacy then it's a null point. If he isn't saying that their size affects their ability then what the f**k is his point?

Fair point, but remind me again wtf this has to do with them being dead? It seems like you're being offended by that part purely for the sake of it.

Fair point, but remind me again wtf this has to do with them being dead? It seems like you're being offended by that part purely for the sake of it.

Because they're not there to defend themselves. I'm sure one of the articles said he wasn't attacking their technical skills as wrestlers(he said that they were rightfully fantastic wrestlers) but it was they're characters he felt was off. For whatever reason, does he think that size is related to character(I'm assuming he means shit like charisma, in which case why he mentioned Eddie is beyond me).

It's fair enough if he uses the modern examples of Punk and Bryan because they can defend themselves but taking shots at a guys who died is cheap, IMO.

I actually went and found the response to the original questions because there was something that he said(when asked about Shawn Michaels being small and then compared him to Punk) that made me laugh;

On CM Punk:"I'm also saying that it doesn't look to me like he spends a lot of time in the weight room. I just think it would enhance his look and everything. We were all drug free and drug tested for years at the WWE, and there were a lot of guys that had great physiques. I think that comes with it.

laugh.gif There is absolutely no way that there was many who went "years" drug free in WWE.

laugh.gif There is absolutely no way that there was many who went "years" drug free in WWE.

Nash is so full of shit. That is a ludicrous statement for him to make when you consider that his best mates in the business include Hulk Hogan, Scott Steiner, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Scott Hall and Sean Waltman. A lot of his other mates died prematurely due to rampant drug abuse.

WWE Studios are partnering with Warner Bros. to produce an animated Scooby Doo film where Scooby, Shaggy and the rest of Mystery, Inc. solve a mystery at Wrestlemania.

A number of WWE performers will voice their animated selves, according to Deadline.com, including Triple H, John Cena, Kane, The Miz, Brodus Clay, Santino Marella, Sin Cara, AJ, and even Vince McMahon.

I'm not going to lie ... I'm quite excited about this! :lol:

More stuff for the next ICW meaning the card looks like this...

ICW Championship

Red Lightning © vs. Chris Renfrew

ICW Tag Team Championships

Ladder Match

The Bucky Boys vs. The STI

Fergal Devitt vs. Wolfgang

"Darkside" James Scott vs. Grado

Mikey Whiplash vs. Lionheart II

The first Whiplash/Lionheart was absolutely phenomenal so looking forward to seeing what they do here. Grado could get right back on the run for a title shot!

WWE Studios are partnering with Warner Bros. to produce an animated Scooby Doo film where Scooby, Shaggy and the rest of Mystery, Inc. solve a mystery at Wrestlemania.

A number of WWE performers will voice their animated selves, according to Deadline.com, including Triple H, John Cena, Kane, The Miz, Brodus Clay, Santino Marella, Sin Cara, AJ, and even Vince McMahon.

I'm not going to lie ... I'm quite excited about this! :lol:

So am I ph34r.gif

More stuff for the next ICW meaning the card looks like this...

ICW Championship

Red Lightning © vs. Chris Renfrew

ICW Tag Team Championships

Ladder Match

The Bucky Boys vs. The STI

Fergal Devitt vs. Wolfgang

"Darkside" James Scott vs. Grado

Mikey Whiplash vs. Lionheart II

The first Whiplash/Lionheart was absolutely phenomenal so looking forward to seeing what they do here. Grado could get right back on the run for a title shot!

I'm looking forward to just about everything on this card so far. I've cleared my schedule and am 100% attending this since I missed the last 2 shows!

I'm looking forward to just about everything on this card so far. I've cleared my schedule and am 100% attending this since I missed the last 2 shows!

last show was my first one definitely going to this one!

I'm not one who pisses and moans about "PG", but I think they might have taken things too far for their new show.

- Word is that WWE has instituted an "unspoken"rule for matches that take place on the new WWE Saturday Morning Slam show. The new show, which is aimed at children, will not feature moves aimed at the neck, which would include anything from a simple headlock to the RKO.

The feeling is that with the show being aimed at children, that moves performed to the neck might come off as too violent. With that being the case, WWE is avoiding any type of offense that gives the appearance of "snapping" or targeting the neck area.

The show debuts on the CW Network on August 25th.