The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Watching superstars just now on sky1 +1 with Kane fighting Daniel Bryant. Why when DB gets some momentum in a match he runs into the corner buckle before his running kick? I know some guys use the ropes to get a bit more pace but surely the buckle doesn't give the same bounce?

You guys have a pretty good knowledge of wrestling so do you know the reason for it? I always think it looks pretty pants/amateurish as he has to brace himself for the impact.

Watching superstars just now on sky1 +1 with Kane fighting Daniel Bryant. Why when DB gets some momentum in a match he runs into the corner buckle before his running kick? I know some guys use the ropes to get a bit more pace but surely the buckle doesn't give the same bounce?

You guys have a pretty good knowledge of wrestling so do you know the reason for it? I always think it looks pretty pants/amateurish as he has to brace himself for the impact.

I think he just does it to give him space to run, corner to corner will be the longest straight you can get in a wrestling ring.

Reading Hardcore Holly's autobiography and he is unveiling a few home truths about Flair, Bret Hart, Jeff Jarrett and Randy Savage. The highlight so far being: 'there have been rumours going for years involving vince's daughter Stephanie, and Randy. I won't say anything other than Randy was always pretty friendly with her.'

Great story so far.

See some twat has started a rumour that Lance Storm killed himself yesterday which gained some legs, forcing him to take to Twitter to deny it. Some folk have too much time on their hands.

Edited by cb_diamond

He's spot on, this isn't boxing or MMA, jobbers are hugely important in wrestling.

edit: although, there's a difference with the likes of Credible than there is with guys like Ryder, Slater and Otunga who are WWE's current "jobber" rank. There's still guys who can put on great matches but a fair few of WWE's jobbers are just shite, across the board shite.

Edited by forehead7

He's spot on, this isn't boxing or MMA, jobbers are hugely important in wrestling.

edit: although, there's a difference with the likes of Credible than there is with guys like Ryder, Slater and Otunga who are WWE's current "jobber" rank. There's still guys who can put on great matches but a fair few of WWE's jobbers are just shite, across the board shite.

I think it's unfair to lump Slater in with the other two. Yes he's pretty pish, but he's a competent wrestler and very good at making others look good. Good jobber material, really.