The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Heath Ledger is a cracking jobber. He's got an understanding for what his job actually is. The Brooklyn Brawler would be proud. He's another guy who always had a lot of pride in his role, and always spoke up about the importance of jobbers.

Heath Ledger is a cracking jobber. He's got an understanding for what his job actually is. The Brooklyn Brawler would be proud. He's another guy who always had a lot of pride in his role, and always spoke up about the importance of jobbers.

:lol:

Darren Young has come out as gay to a tmz reporter. Which is great. Much like football, statistically there have to be numerous gay wrestlers. If he, and others, are willing to break silence it will hopefully stop a repeat of Orlando Jordan and Kanyon who seemed like they were punished for it.

Darren Young has come out as gay to a tmz reporter. Which is great. Much like football, statistically there have to be numerous gay wrestlers. If he, and others, are willing to break silence it will hopefully stop a repeat of Orlando Jordan and Kanyon who seemed like they were punished for it.

Pat Patterson will ensure punishment.

It's good that he's came out and hopefully it does him no harm but I can't help but think he'll be wished all the best in his future endeavours some time soon.

Edit: Or gets a ridiculously over the top re-hash of a Fandango type gimmick.

Edited by LAGer

A report I've read somewhere says that he's the first wrestler to openly come out whilst signed to a major company.

Didn't both Orlando Jordan and Pat Patterson never hide the fact that they were gay whilst with the WWE?

Pat Patterson has never came out per se. I think it's just widely known as he never exactly hid it.

I don't know whether it was Creative or not but in TNA, Jordan used it to try and get heat. I think him or his character there was bi-sexual along with loads of weird shit. It certainly didn't seem like punishment given that (in TNA) he was fucking shite.

A report I've read somewhere says that he's the first wrestler to openly come out whilst signed to a major company.

Didn't both Orlando Jordan and Pat Patterson never hide the fact that they were gay whilst with the WWE?

I thought Kanyon came out in WWE and it was kinda hinted/insinuated that that's why he got fired.

I'm fairly sure Orlando came out whilst signed with WWE, too.

As for Young, it's the kind of situation where you feel good for him but in an ideal world this sort of thing shouldn't be news, who gives a f**k what they do outside the ring?

I don't know whether it was Creative or not but in TNA, Jordan used it to try and get heat. I think him or his character there was bi-sexual along with loads of weird shit. It certainly didn't seem like punishment given that (in TNA) he was fucking shite.

I thought Kanyon came out in WWE and it was kinda hinted/insinuated that that's why he got fired.

I'm fairly sure Orlando came out whilst signed with WWE, too.

As for Young, it's the kind of situation where you feel good for him but in an ideal world this sort of thing shouldn't be news, who gives a f**k what they do outside the ring?

The Kanyon thing was after WWE, it was an angle in the indies to drum up attention for himself at first, he publicly denied being gay and stated it was all a work, then in one fell swoop retracted this, came out and accused WWE of forcing him out because of his sexuality.

I still think it was a work.

Also, OJ simulating giving himself a facial at the top of the ramp in a TNA show one time, was simply wrong on so many levels.

Edited by djchapsticks

• 2 weeks later...