The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Randy Orton was rumoured, but that seems to have purely been down to his page on WWE.com briefly changing status, before returning to normal.  Dirtsheets picked it up, hilarity ensued.  The podcast I listened to joked that they should move Cena's profile to the alumni page for a day or so, watch everyone lose their shit. 

I doubt they'll release him unless he's done something wrong - he's got history for wellness violations and just being generally volatile, but he's still money with the right booking.  The sad part is that there's probably a very large number of people they could get rid of purely because they seem incapable of booking several stories at once.  The Attitude Era was generally a mess, but at least they managed stories outwith the belts.  These days you're lucky if you get much beyond the big names - outside of the titles we've got Jericho vs Ambrose with a proper build and...well that's about it.  There's a few other minor things, but when all you're doing is having even stevens booking until you work out what to do, you don't really need a big roster.  Looking at the roster now, I count 16 male wrestlers that could go tomorrow and not affect anything going forward (and that's not including R Truth/Golddust/Fandango/Breeze as they're kind of in a storyline), and probably 4 more women.

No chance will he be going anywhere. He's booked for some big Cena matches over the next few months. Asset to the company right now.

Probably the best thing for both Cena and Jericho to be honest. Cena comes back strong against a guy who is happy to do the honours and it doesn't knock some young heel off their stride like Owens or Corbin.

Just watched Camp WWE for the first time this evening.

Simply reinforces the perception that Vince has the mind of a 12 year old.

I thought it was alright, had a few good moments.  It's a bit of a weird one to watch initially, given how staunchly WWE want to stick to PG.  I know it's behind a paywall, so not exactly primetime, but still weird.  At least it gives Ric Flair an opportunity to get his Jim McLean on and f**k some bears.

Paige dating Del Rio.

They look proper odd together.  Like a tree and a bedsheet.  Good on him though, lucky b*****d.

I thought it was alright, had a few good moments. It's a bit of a weird one to watch initially, given how staunchly WWE want to stick to PG. I know it's behind a paywall, so not exactly primetime, but still weird. At least it gives Ric Flair an opportunity to get his Jim McLean on and f**k some bears

I certainly had a chuckle but you get the impression that Vince has recently seen South Park for the first time in his life and immediately decided he wants to have a go.