The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I'm a fan who has come to the product quite late after watching it a bit when I was younger.  I think I started watching seriously on PPV/Sky Sports just after Wrestlemania 29, meaning the biggest moment that has come in my watching was Wrestlemania 30.  Absolutely perfectly done there with Bryan's story, and as a result I fucking love the guy.  What happened to him afterwards was fucking horrible, and I can't watch his WWE 24 doc without turning into a greeting mess.  

I am absolutely delighted for the guy.  As long as he manages not to die or go all Benoit, he really deserves this.

Can't watch a flying headbutt without wincing these days and suicide dives are overdone anyway. Have him go back to the submission days with the running knee and kicks. Miz will be one of the best opponents for him in terms of wrestling a safe style and I'm already marking out for when Corey refers to them as the It Kicks.. :lol:

Guest bernardblack

5 star wrestling announce no more shows. Was this announced at the same time as Bryan to not get attention?

Edit to add - already noted on this forum....so if that was their tactic it worked on this guy!

I get the feeling that Bryan himself would be loathe to tone down his style too much, but the diving headbutt has to go, head injury or not.  Suicide dive...maybe.  They are overdone, and recently it seems like everyone doing one is just inches from killing themselves (Banks and Big E spring to mind in particular).  There's no real need for him to do them, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.  

I think Daniel Bryan will know himself that he doesn't need all of the daft shit to be every bit as good as he is now. That stuff was always just window dressing. I could see him toning himself RIGHT down and, once he's back into the swing of things, being right back up there with the best.

8 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

JBL calling Meltzer an idiot and saying they deliberately fed him bullshit stories has been quite funny to watch on Twitter.

JBL is a complete fucking arsehole.

This doesn't have any real relevance to your post, but it needs to be said as often as possible.

f**k the pair of them.

Zack Sabre Jr. looked absolutely amazing in the NJ Cup over the last wee while, finishing with a screamer of a match earlier today.

Juice Robinson ( CJ Parker from NXT ) continues to be something of a revelation over there.