The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Just watched the Raw repeat. So HIAC will be the end of The Nexus then? No way will Cena lose, especially after he so easily beat Slater, Otunga and Tarver in that awful match. What a waste of a great concept and group.

Oh and once more Cena's promo on them at the end was just dreadful. I think even some of the kids in the arena were rolling their eyes at each other at how unfuuny Cena is.

And creaming over Cena doing a dropkick?! Just shows what a tit he is, and how crap he is! On this note, I read an amusing comment in a wrestling magazine (I hope it wasn't actually on here on I'll look a right fandan!) that the Five Knuckle Shuffle is just a less athletic version of The Worm!

Edited by DA Baracus

And creaming over Cena doing a dropkick?! Just shows what a tit he is, and how crap he is! On this note, I read an amusing comment in a wrestling magazine (I hope it wasn't actually on here on I'll look a right fandan!) that the Five Knuckle Shuffle is just a less athletic version of The Worm!

The Worm required a bit of skill from Scotty plus everyone used to love it as well, the crowd were so into it.

Cena on the other had does a wee bit of prancing for a minute and then brushes his shoulder like some kind of retard.

Just watched the Raw repeat. So HIAC will be the end of The Nexus then? No way will Cena lose, especially after he so easily beat Slater, Otunga and Tarver in that awful match. What a waste of a great concept and group.

I think the Nexus has run its course really. Losing Sheffield was a big blow to them and defeat at Summerslam (which was the wrong move) meant there was no way back. The difficulty for them will the step they take after HIAC to use the wrestlers in the group differently. For me, Slater, Sheffield, Barrett and Tarver all have a future. I'd punt Otunga.

I never thought I'd say this but the best wrestling related thing on TV just now (with the exception of Ric Flair of course) is Michael Cole on NXT. What a guy.

To be fair, even the booers seem to go along with the "You can't see me" bit, which means it works.

Personally I don't like the move, but it's no worse than all of them shitty moves.

Scotty 2 Hotty was at best a lightheavyweight champion.

compared to

John Cena is a multiple time world champ, how can you take a champ seriously if his moveset is as big as Lee Wilkie's head?

He's more than decent now. Ugh.

Heading for Kilmarnock tonight. Should be good !

You need to drop the non-conformist for the sake of being non-conformist mindset and pay attention to his matches and all-around act. He's gash. His character's cringeworthy and his wrestling is lower indy level. The amount of times he botches fairly textbook moves and spots, is criminal for a main eventer.

Edited by RB-Scotland

You need to drop the non-conformist for the sake of being non-conformist mindset and pay attention to his matches and all-around act. He's gash. His character's cringeworthy and his wrestling is lower indy level. The amount of times he botches fairly textbook moves and spots, is criminal for a main eventer.

His character is down to your own personal opinions, for what it's worth, I can't stand his gimmick. However, to claim his wrestling ability is "lower indy level" is just plain wrong. Go back and look at his matches, he has had many, many, many belters.

Cena is a competent and solid wrestler. Otherwise, how would he be able to train his little brother?!

Ha, just kidding. He is competent though. What he lacks however is basic psychology. It's just ridiculous that he takes a beating, then just suddenly leaps to his feet to batter people without having any effects of said beating at all! It's just nonsense. Unless of course he is told to be like as part of his character, the blame is 100% on him for not having even a basic grasp of in ring psychology. It could be argued that since they are now targetting a younger audience, he is indeed told to be like that as the kids will have no real understanding of such nuances of wrestling. They would for example probably not like HBK - Taker I and II at the Mania's.

It would be awesome if he joined The Nexus though. If it did happen it would no doubt be through some ridiculous 1000000 on 1 beatdown (and that would be after he gave them all a kicking and was jumped from behind with a weapon or something). Sadly though I think that The Nexus will get involved, he'll batter them all then win and WWE will have wasted one of their best concepts in many years.

Cena is a competent and solid wrestler. Otherwise, how would he be able to train his little brother?!

Ha, just kidding. He is competent though. What he lacks however is basic psychology. It's just ridiculous that he takes a beating, then just suddenly leaps to his feet to batter people without having any effects of said beating at all! It's just nonsense. Unless of course he is told to be like as part of his character, the blame is 100% on him for not having even a basic grasp of in ring psychology. It could be argued that since they are now targetting a younger audience, he is indeed told to be like that as the kids will have no real understanding of such nuances of wrestling. They would for example probably not like HBK - Taker I and II at the Mania's.

It would be awesome if he joined The Nexus though. If it did happen it would no doubt be through some ridiculous 1000000 on 1 beatdown (and that would be after he gave them all a kicking and was jumped from behind with a weapon or something). Sadly though I think that The Nexus will get involved, he'll batter them all then win and WWE will have wasted one of their best concepts in many years.

I hate Cena, his promo's sicken me and his matches are awful. I was actually mad when he won the tag match at summerslam. I usally turn over when his spots are on raw.

That saying i know the one man who could and would beat the little p***k clean. Hulk Hogan!!

As sad as it sounds i would mark for Cena v Hogan (Hogan retirement match)

Just watched Raw. Have to agree that Cena is an arse monkey. He fucked up some kind of drop on Slater, can't remember what type though. Slater landed on his side rather than his ass/back. His promos are cringeworthy and his superhero-like persona is stupid. Apart from that he's awesome :P

Wtf even is Danielson's music all about? They should put it back to Self Esteem by Offspring.

Surely Cena will win at HIAC but then Barrett and Nexus could just go to SD. Unless they do a no contest, somehow.

You need to drop the pretending to have a clue.

I'm not going on about his gimmick. I've moaned about that so much on here that it should be obvious to any thread regular that I hate it. His matches are normally terrific though. Where are these botches you speak of btw ?

Umaga, Bobby Lashley, RVD, JBL, The Great Khali. What do all of these guys have in common ? Their best matches came against John Cena.

You need to drop the pretending to have a clue.

I'm not going on about his gimmick. I've moaned about that so much on here that it should be obvious to any thread regular that I hate it. His matches are normally terrific though. Where are these botches you speak of btw ?

Umaga, Bobby Lashley, RVD, JBL, The Great Khali. What do all of these guys have in common ? Their best matches came against John Cena.

What was RVD's "best match"? One night stand? Tbh, the other ones, with the exception of JBL, do nothing for me.