The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

You need to drop the pretending to have a clue.

I'm not going on about his gimmick. I've moaned about that so much on here that it should be obvious to any thread regular that I hate it. His matches are normally terrific though. Where are these botches you speak of btw ?

Umaga, Bobby Lashley, RVD, JBL, The Great Khali. What do all of these guys have in common ? Their best matches came against John Cena.

I'd say Edges best match was with Cena too (ladder match).

What was RVD's "best match"? One night stand? Tbh, the other ones, with the exception of JBL, do nothing for me.

Aye, the One Night Stand match. The amazing thing was that RVD decided to revert back to his shitty ECW style for it. Cena was basically wrestling himself and pulled it off.

I'd say Edges best match was with Cena too (ladder match).

I'd say that too, but I'd say that's much more debateable than the ones I've mentioned.

Well when I said 'he used to be decent', I was referring to both character and in-ring stuff. Fairly obvious.

A good number of the good matches Cena's had have been WWE smoke and mirror efforts. Enjoyed the Umaga one in early 2009 and had to give him credit for it, right enough. That match with RVD(if you mean ONS2006) was mediocre and only gripping because of the crowd and what was at stake. If WWE gave as much time on PPV to their more talented wrestlers, they'd get far better matches out of the rest of the guys you listed.

The first 5 minutes of the match with Batista at I think 'Mania was an example of him botching or sloppily executing simple moves left, right and centre. His trademark moves are even executed poorly(that flying shoulder thing coming off the ropes looks like something you'd playfully do to your kid nephew, and his STF is somewhere between hilarious and infuriating). Let's not even start on his selling.

You need to drop the pretending to have a clue.

I'm not going on about his gimmick. I've moaned about that so much on here that it should be obvious to any thread regular that I hate it. His matches are normally terrific though. Where are these botches you speak of btw ?

Umaga, Bobby Lashley, RVD, JBL, The Great Khali. What do all of these guys have in common ? Their best matches came against John Cena.

If he needs to stop pretending to have a clue, you need to stop acting like your the only one with a clue.

If RVD vs Cena at ONS06 is the match your on about then by that logic Bobby Lashley had his best match with Umaga at WM. The stipulation or the occasion don't make a match someones best.

RVD and Jerry Lynn surely?

Giant Gonzales has died aged 44. http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/154743/Jorge-%5C%5CGiant%5C%5C-Gonzales-Passes-Away.htm

He was around when I first watched wrestling. I thought he was brilliant!

As an 7/8 year old I was in awe of the man, I obviously wasn't aware that he could barely move and was involved in completely ludicrous storylines!

If RVD vs Cena at ONS06 is the match your on about then by that logic Bobby Lashley had his best match with Umaga at WM. The stipulation or the occasion don't make a match someones best.

RVD and Jerry Lynn surely?

That first point doesn't even make sense. There's a difference between the two matches you mention there. One was brilliant. The other was shit. I'll leave you to make your mind up on which is which.

As for the Jerry Lynn series, three really good matches in there, best probably being the first PPV outing. They were too spot-spot-spot though.

Umaga's series with Jeff Hardy is where I thought he was at his best

The cage match probably runs it close, but I think that the Cena match has it beaten for drama.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I'd say it probably is my favourite Mania main event, or at very least in my top 3.

It's certainly a very good main event. One of the better recent ones. Doesn't come close to The Rock vs. Steve Austin from X-7 though.

There loads of reasons why I rate it so highly. Watching it at the time I started out with about a crowd of 10 or so mates watching from the back of the living room and sofa and come the end of it everyone was gathered in a huddle, about 6 inches from the TV, right on edge screaming like f**k at it. Incredible entrances (particularly Triple H), incredible wrestling with absolutley amazing story telling and psychology used. The crowd were red hot for it.

There loads of reasons why I rate it so highly. Watching it at the time I started out with about a crowd of 10 or so mates watching from the back of the living room and sofa and come the end of it everyone was gathered in a huddle, about 6 inches from the TV, right on edge screaming like f**k at it. Incredible entrances (particularly Triple H), incredible wrestling with absolutley amazing story telling and psychology used. The crowd were red hot for it.

Aye, the storytelling was stunning. They seemed to play to the way the crowd was going a bit, which I liked. It was also an example of Cena being able to sell. He just doesn't do it much because of his shitty gimmick.

An engaging match for sure. Oh, I didn't like the Cena entrance. Just a bit too comical.

I'll concede that the execution of moves can leave a lot to be desired from him, but that's never been an issue with me. I just like to enjoy the matches.

No but it can cause a wrestler to up his game. A PPV is pretty much guaranteed to be better than a match on Impact, Raw or SD etc.

As a performer they should always be on there game but PPV made demand more than just a weekly episode but tell me what was the better wrestling match RVD vs Cena or RVD vs Jerry Lynn?

As a performer they should always be on there game but PPV made demand more than just a weekly episode but tell me what was the better wrestling match RVD vs Cena or RVD vs Jerry Lynn?

I'd say that the Cena match was better. The timing was much better between Cena and RVD. If Lynn and RVD had better chemistry it could have been a classic. As it stands, it was more like a collection of nice moves.

Heyman - "You dont know whether you love Stone Cold or you hate him!, you're like a.."

JR - "And what difference does it make to you"

Heyman - "It doesn'.."

JR - "Well shut up about it and call the damn match and do your job!"

Heyman - "Throw your farm stuff at the TV tomorrow night when your watching me on RAW!"

JR - "Jim Cornette can replace you on RAW tomorrow night pal"

Heyman - "hahahaha your funny for an unemployed guy!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol: