The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV1YakdkL5s

Never noticed it before but Triple H completely no sells a Rock Bottom in the confusion when Undertakers music starts and they've to start beating up The Rock :lol:

This is one of my favourite endings to a wwe ppv ever. The heat from the crowd in the closing stages is unreal. Still gives me goosebumps.

Cena isn't gonna turn heel ( I thought of this when I was thinking who the Miz's next feud will be will)

ATM, on Raw you have Orton and Cena who are the only likely face main eventers(although I don't like Orton but he is one) and you have Punk and the Miz who are the heel ones. So if you turned Cena heel then Orton is the only person who could have a feud with him, without it being heel against heel which is kinda stupid.

No one is really ready to make the step up to fill that spot. Morrison isn't good enough to fill the gap left by either Cena or Orton(if Orton moves up to Cena's spot), Daniel Bryan isn't charismatic enough and no one is gonna cheer for Miz, Ziggler or Sheamus if they turned face. Punk isn't gonna turn face since that would mean pushing him up the card and I think he's not seeing eye to eye with management atm (he was pissed that they wouldn't let him dye his hair so that's why he chose the poofy look).

I doubt they'll put either Edge or Christian since they've both just come back to SD, through their own ways.

The Rock will obviously be there but isn't a long term option.

Turning Cena heel would be a stupid move for WWE for those reasons and the obvious reasons about merchandising and he'd have to lose the kid aspect to his game which WWE aren't gonna let happen.

No one is really ready to make the step up to fill that spot. Morrison isn't good enough to fill the gap left by either Cena or Orton(if Orton moves up to Cena's spot), Daniel Bryan isn't charismatic enough and no one is gonna cheer for Miz, Ziggler or Sheamus if they turned face. Punk isn't gonna turn face since that would mean pushing him up the card and I think he's not seeing eye to eye with management atm (he was pissed that they wouldn't let him dye his hair so that's why he chose the poofy look).

Morrison I agree with, I don't feel he's quite there. I think Bryan could be a main eventer just now, he's more charismatic than people give him credit for and he's superb in the ring. I think Miz would be a great face as well, people will cheer for him if they tweak the character a little bit and when him and Cena won the tag titles he showed he could play the babyface in peril role very well. He's funny and charismatic enough to pull it off IMO. Ziggler and Sheamus should be heels still, I agree. Punk would make a good Anderson asshole style face, if they kept him the same as he is just now near enough, ditched the Nexus and let him have loads of time on the mic I think he'd be great in that role. Not sure on HHH's situation but you have him there too.

John Morrison is as close as anyone to breaking into the main event scene. Of course, I was thinking the same thing about Kofi Kingston not so long ago and they completely blew that one, so who knows?

I think Miz would be a great face as well, people will cheer for him if they tweak the character a little bit and when him and Cena won the tag titles he showed he could play the babyface in peril role very well.

Indeed. The Miz could easily do a great job as a top line babyface. He has enough fire and aggression to make it work and is one of the best talkers in the 'E. He could swing the crowd around no problem. And he'd have a ready made top line fued with John Cena should he turn heel to cement his new spot.

Punk would make a good Anderson asshole style face, if they kept him the same as he is just now near enough, ditched the Nexus and let him have loads of time on the mic I think he'd be great in that role.

They seem to have dumped the straight edge thing from his character so that could work for CM Punk. And again, you have something ready made with the Nexus to solidify it.

Cena isn't gonna turn heel ( I thought of this when I was thinking who the Miz's next feud will be will)

ATM, on Raw you have Orton and Cena who are the only likely face main eventers(although I don't like Orton but he is one) and you have Punk and the Miz who are the heel ones. So if you turned Cena heel then Orton is the only person who could have a feud with him, without it being heel against heel which is kinda stupid.

I doubt they'll put either Edge or Christian since they've both just come back to SD, through their own ways.

The Rock will obviously be there but isn't a long term option.

Turning Cena heel would be a stupid move for WWE for those reasons and the obvious reasons about merchandising and he'd have to lose the kid aspect to his game which WWE aren't gonna let happen.

I reckon Morrison will be given a chance at the very top and although I wasn't convinced by him before, I reckon he could have a sustained period there. He hasn't really done any mic work for a long while, whos to say WWE aren't trying to get him to perfect that before throwing him into the main event scene.

As for Punk, it wouldn't exactly involve pushing him up the card much ... he's feuding with Randy Orton who you acknowledge as the 2nd top guy in the company. WWE were right not to let him dye his hair ... he dyed it during the fecking SES gimmick where his 'hair was free from all chemical substances' etc.

You also have HHH who may or may not stick around for a while longer yet. He's most definitely a top face as I can't see him being a heel towards the end of his career.

The Rock will be about for a while also.

In the time that Rock or HHH are at the top, someone else has the time to prove they can be the top babyface in the company.

I reckon Morrison will be given a chance at the very top and although I wasn't convinced by him before, I reckon he could have a sustained period there. He hasn't really done any mic work for a long while, whos to say WWE aren't trying to get him to perfect that before throwing him into the main event scene.

As for Punk, it wouldn't exactly involve pushing him up the card much ... he's feuding with Randy Orton who you acknowledge as the 2nd top guy in the company. WWE were right not to let him dye his hair ... he dyed it during the fecking SES gimmick where his 'hair was free from all chemical substances' etc.

You also have HHH who may or may not stick around for a while longer yet. He's most definitely a top face as I can't see him being a heel towards the end of his career.

The Rock will be about for a while also.

In the time that Rock or HHH are at the top, someone else has the time to prove they can be the top babyface in the company.

I've often wondered if it was his or the WWE's choice not to dye it.

I would like to see him go back to the straight edge gimmick, well it's not really a gimmick for him, because it's immense and easily one of the best in a long time.As long as he's very very very rarely a face I think he'll eventually be the top guy.

I don't think Morrison will ever be the top guy, or at least anytime soon, since Vince and one of the exec's don't like him. I think that came out maybe 6 months ago so things may have changed but I know that was why he wasn't getting a big push. (I think it was Dave Laganas that revealed it in his podcast or his blog or something along those lines.)

Tonight is the start of a weekend of wrestling in Scotland. I'm only going to two of the four shows on offer. The two over 18s shows. The one tonight is in Paisley, at the Union.

Falls Count Anywhere

Kid Fite vs. Damien O'Conor

Anyone who was at the Wrestlemania 25 thing at the Sports Cafe that watched the SWA show beforehand seen their first match, and should know what to expect as a result. These two guys went above and beyond the call of duty that night. Suplex off of the bar onto the hard floor was just vile.

TLC Match

Micken vs. Dicky Divers

These two guys are mental. Micken was involved in a mental ladder match with BT Gunn a couple of years back, while Dicky Divers had an even MORE mental tables match with the same guy. So now we have two mentalists with tables, ladders and chairs to play with. I pure can't wait.

Joe Coffey vs. Mark Anthony

I'll be honest. I have no idea who Mark Anthony is. Joe Coffey has an intensity which fits right in with this kind of show though.

Andy Anderson vs. Liam Thomson

It's the best wrestler in Scotland against one of the best up and comers in Scotland. Not much else to say than I fully expect these two to put on a cracker.

That's all that's been announced. Eric Canyon, Scott Renwick and Glen Dunbar are due to be there too, and a ladies' match. I'm going with Carmel vs. someone and Renwick/Dunbar with Eric Canyon as ref or something.

Rumours doing the rounds that John Cena manhandled a guy who took a picture of him backstage at Raw on Monday night and hurt the guys wrist.

Very uncharacteristic of Cena, he's usually one who stops for fans.

Maybe he's just got a really firm handshake?!

I reckon Morrison could be a top face.

But really there's only one man who should take the top face spot;

Santino!

Oh I have to add myself to the 'I hate Michale Cole' group. Think he's awful and a commentator shouldn't be getting a push. If they put in even half the effort into developing and pushing the WRESTLERS then they would have more stars.

John Morrison as the main babyface? Please no, let it be someone with a personality.

Daniel Bryan isn't over with the crowd and is just a mid-carder who seems to be going nowhere right now.

If Cena turns heel, i wouldn't be surprised if Sin Cara took his place as the main face on Raw.

John Morrison as the main babyface? Please no, let it be someone with a personality.

Daniel Bryan isn't over with the crowd and is just a mid-carder who seems to be going nowhere right now.

If Cena turns heel, i wouldn't be surprised if Sin Cara took his place as the main face on Raw.

Without even seeing Sin Cara, it's fairly safe to say that John Morrison has FAR more personality than the guy. He doesn't speak a word of English!

Without even seeing Sin Cara, it's fairly safe to say that John Morrison has FAR more personality than the guy. He doesn't speak a word of English!

Sin Cara doesn't have to open his mouth to be more charismatic than John Morrison.

As much as I would hate it, I think Daniel Bryan maybe future endeavored as part of the impending cull after 'Mania. I really hope it won't happen but I can just see it.

They just don't seem to have a clue what to do with him. I'm not a huge Sheamus fan, but it just seems stupid to have him have this mini-feud. For me Sheamus is just the wrong guy to go up against Bryan over a sustained period of time, which they haven't been given anyway, and the logical thing to do would be for Sheamus to beat Bryan at 'Mania, which would totally bury any momentum that he had. I'd lay the blame firmly at the feet of the WWE though, Bryan Danielson is one of the most respected workers in the world today because the indies are full of guys who are pretty exciting and can help make a match great. Ted DiBiase and Sheamus are not these type of workers. As great as Danielson is, it's a two way street and the WWE aren't keeping up their end of the bargain by putting him in with guys that can put on an exciting match, and there's only so many times they'll want to watch him going up against William Regal.

I know it's been done to death, but I'd put Daniel Bryan in a program with Punk once he's done with Orton. For me the two of them are easily the best and most exciting workers in the company. If Daniel Bryan had been round a year or two before he did eventually come in, I would have loved to see him going up against Shawn Michaels. Maybe John Morrison would be an entertaining match as well actually.