The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Rumours doing the rounds that John Cena manhandled a guy who took a picture of him backstage at Raw on Monday night and hurt the guys wrist.

Again, possibly part of the work towards Cena 'snapping' and turning heel.

Edited by djchapsticks

After spending a few hours reading through several threads on various forums about people going to Wrestlemania 27, their travel plans and ticket/package buying stories, I wish to f**k I was going this year and now I am determined to go next year. Only trouble is only 1 mate of mine is a big enough wrestling fan to wanna go to mania and he's never been abroad and doesnt have full time work. So I gotta start trying to talk my mates into wanting to go.

Been pricing up flights to Miami as well already. Would appear that the travel packages that WWE do are the best way of going and they go on sale in July usually, I better start saving.

Anyone else plan on going to a Wrestlemania in the next few years?

I plan on doing it no question. If not at Miami then I'd be looking to go to Mania 30 which is rumoured to be in MSG. By that time I hope the WWE will have built new stars with some charisma, cause currently I could name about 3 people I find interesting in WWE.

Miami is a great place tourist wise, the weather would be awesome, you'd have Axxess, the Hall of Fame, a superstar signing, probably a Wrestlereunion or a ROH show and Impact is just up the road (for now).:ph34r:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV1YakdkL5s

Never noticed it before but Triple H completely no sells a Rock Bottom in the confusion when Undertakers music starts and they've to start beating up The Rock :lol:

Notice Xpac as well hiding in the corner waiting for the Rock to hit the Rock Bottom. And Shawn Michaels takes an age to get on the ringropes so that he can be knocked back down again, you can see the Rock waiting on him getting up so he can Irish Whip HHH.

Tonight is the start of a weekend of wrestling in Scotland. I'm only going to two of the four shows on offer. The two over 18s shows. The one tonight is in Paisley, at the Union.

What shows are on and where abouts?

Sin Cara doesn't have to open his mouth to be more charismatic than John Morrison.

Out of interest, how much of Sin Cara have you actually seen?

Right. Tonight is Paisley Town Hall for the SWA BattleZone. On the card is...

Damien O'Conor and Scott "The Butcher" Renwick vs. Eric Canyon and ???

CJ Hunter and Joseph Kerr vs. Wolfgang and James Scott

30 Man Rumble Style Match ( The BattleZone )

Tomorrow night is PBW in Barrhead and has..

BT Gunn vs. Paul Tracey

Liam Thomson and Noam Dar vs. Wolfgang and Davey Miller

Lionheart vs. Red Lightning

Andy "The Saint" Smith vs. Lowthian

Andy Wild vs. Joe Coffey

The Highlander vs. Davey Blaze

And Sunday is the ICW show that I've posted the card for and spoken about numerous times.

After Hours was good fun last night. It clocked in at two hours, had five matches and all of them were really good.

There's speculation that Finlay's recent release from WWE may be a "lay low" type of thing until the heat from the Army National Guard blows over, similar to what happened with Daniel Bryan last year.

Finlay was released after officials from the Guard were upset over a segment that he booked at a live event where The Miz interrupted the National Anthem. It's expected he will be brought back in the future.

and also Sting and Lesnar talking about recent aproaches from WWE.

Sting:

“I wouldn’t say it was utter nonsense, that’s not true! It’s a dream match that fans would want to see. It was close. I’m glad things turned out the way they did. There are so many variables. Let’s just say that I turned it down for the same reasons I always have. Some- thing in me never trusted what would happen up there, based entirely on the track record with other WCW guys and everything that went on after Vince bought WCW. I wont be watching but I’ll be asking what happened between Undertaker and Triple H."

Lesnar:

"They were smart enough to know that I am deeply involved in UFC, what I am doing now. Wrestling doesn’t affect my life so much. I’m a fighter. The WWE will go on, and it will always be there, but I am in the UFC for as far as I can see. If ever there was an opportunity in the future to be on Wrestlemania, then I guess I have to say: ‘Never say never.’"

My missus just booked me and her Wrestlemania revenge tour tickets in Newcastle.

What should I expect? I'm obvisuly not expecting title changes etc but do the wrestlers put much effort into these kinda shows or is it pretty low key. Never been to a WWE show before also - any tips?

My missus just booked me and her Wrestlemania revenge tour tickets in Newcastle.

What should I expect? I'm obvisuly not expecting title changes etc but do the wrestlers put much effort into these kinda shows or is it pretty low key. Never been to a WWE show before also - any tips?

I went to my first Wrestlemania Revenge Tour in Glasgow last year and i thoroughly enjoyed the occasion.

There were eight matches that night and they were largely of pretty decent standard and it was a very fun event to be part of. The superstars will put on a good show and seem to be a lot more relaxed when it comes to houseshows. Also the majority of wrestlers will interact with the crowd whether that's through entrances, promos or after their matches.

The only thing i would do differently, is buy seats closer to the ring.

A meeting was held yesterday where it was agreed that the organization would no longer be referred as World Wrestling Entertainment due to Vince McMahon’s decree to eliminate the term “wrestling” from the product. The company will be solely branded as WWE. Multiple sources indicate the meeting ended with this directive. Seriously.

A meeting was held yesterday where it was agreed that the organization would no longer be referred as World Wrestling Entertainment due to Vince McMahon's decree to eliminate the term "wrestling" from the product. The company will be solely branded as WWE. Multiple sources indicate the meeting ended with this directive. Seriously.

Read about that earlier. Tomorow nights event been changed to Entertainmentmania now?

Apparently entertainment is easier to sell to sponsors and such than wrestling and that's why they're not including the word. I don't see why it's an issue. We all KNOW what it is we're watching. Why do we need the name of the promotion to tell us as well?

I tuned in to what Sky Sports advertised as SD but it was just a load of classic Mania matches presented by Josh Matthews and Booker T.

I actually meant to ask, I turned it on at about 1030, if it finished at 11, so caught the last half an hour and it was talking about Taker and HBK's past two matches.

Glad I didn't miss much then.

I actually meant to ask, I turned it on at about 1030, if it finished at 11, so caught the last half an hour and it was talking about Taker and HBK's past two matches.

Glad I didn't miss much then.

We missed quite a bit, as it happened. The Smackdown that went out in the US was vastly different from the one seen elsewhere. Cody Rhodes fought Chris Masters with Rey Rey interrupting and Lawler also done a promo ahead of his match against Cole. In the US edition they also cut live to Axxess for interviews etc which is probably the reason why we got a different edition.