The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

At least TNA's contenders are credible champions. There is just no way R-Truth should be champion of ANY company.

When was the last time he held a belt? We going back to the days of K-Kwik?

R-Truth was tna's second world champ

Gutted that Edge has had to retire, one of my favourite superstars and it's a shame that he's had to retire early because of the injuries that he's picked up during his career. He's had many great matches in his career and considering how much pain he must have been in, he put on a hell of a show against Del Rio at Mania.

What a shame that the night also ended on a low point with R Truth now in a WWE Title match, jesus christ. :angry:

"if any of the guys like me,Flair,Hardy,Andre,AA,Blanchard,orndoff,Henning would have listened to doctors we would have quit15yrsago. but I don't know Edges working environment because they are a media company not a wrestling company."

Hulk Hogan really is a Grade A c**t.

"if any of the guys like me,Flair,Hardy,Andre,AA,Blanchard,orndoff,Henning would have listened to doctors we would have quit15yrsago. but I don't know Edges working environment because they are a media company not a wrestling company."

Hogan should have retired 15 years ago instead of destroying not just a wrestling company but also his legacy.

"if any of the guys like me,Flair,Hardy,Andre,AA,Blanchard,orndoff, Henning would have listened to doctors we would have quit15yrsago. but I don't know Edges working environment because they are a media company not a wrestling company."

That'll be why he pished the bed last year and struggles with stairs.

Edge says that Hogan was one of the reasons that he got into Wrestling and then Hogan has a go at him for retiring? :rolleyes:

At least Edge has retired with his dignity intact and the respect of Wrestling fans throughout the world, i'm glad that Edge is smart enough to retire, as if he continued he was putting his life in even more danger.

Hogan on the other hand, is a no good politicking backstabbing old c**t who wants to f**k his own daughter and is the most egotistical shitebag that Wrestling has ever seen.

Hogan's no hero, he's just a p***k.

I've sat here for about 5 minutes just trying to type something about Hogan's comment, but I can't it's just deeply saddening that someone, who should know better than most about spinal injuries, has said this. Especially when you consider that he's part of the reason Edge got into wrestling. Especially considering the respect shown to him, when in my opinion he doesn't deserve the respect, by Edge during his run in the WWE. If you look at the guys who he's named, Andre - Could hardly move by the time he died, himself - Can hardly move, Hardy - a junkie, Arn Anderson - retired due to a back injury, Blanchard - also a junkie and an alcoholic, Hennig - a junkie. He couldn't have picked a worse group of people to name as a way of advocating staying on. He's just a bitter, bitter old man who should have retired about 20 years ago.

I can kinda understand Hogan's comments to be fair. The money wasn't in it when the guys he is on about wrestled. Nowadats the likes of Edge will be able to afford to retire rather than putting themselves through pain every night just to make ends meet.

How many other great wrestlers of the past would be alive today, or at least heave a better life now, if they could have retired when doctors told them to?

His comments were still distasteful though, and he is a bigger fanny than I thought he was.

without being overly gushy or sentimental., 11 times world champion and over 30 titles held in a 13 year run is surely HOF material within the next two or three years?

He'll get it when they go back to Canada for a 'Mania. He'll be their marquee inductee that year.

Am I the only one that isn't that impressed/excited by him so far?

I haven't seen any of his other stuff so only going by his 3/4 wwe appearances so far.

I think when he strolls out in his stupid bananaman cape thing, he looks like a tool, I hate the way he points his finger at everyone all the time. His moves aren't really groundbreaking or new (although I do think his finisher is very impressive)

I am in no way saying he is a bad wrestler etc as I am sure technically he is sound/great athlete etc etc however personally one I would get bored by pretty quickly

Am I the only one that isn't that impressed/excited by him so far?

I haven't seen any of his other stuff so only going by his 3/4 wwe appearances so far.

I think when he strolls out in his stupid bananaman cape thing, he looks like a tool, I hate the way he points his finger at everyone all the time. His moves aren't really groundbreaking or new (although I do think his finisher is very impressive)

I am in no way saying he is a bad wrestler etc as I am sure technically he is sound/great athlete etc etc however personally one I would get bored by pretty quickly

His finisher is indeed impressive, but I couldnt help think after he did that to Primo, how many others on the roster could take that move? Not many.

Head scissors overkill as well how many times did he do it against Carlito?

He also fucked up his entrance a wee bit in his first appearance against Sheamus.

Quite a stupid botch before he done the finisher as well last night although that may have been the jobbers fault.

If he can't cut a promo he be fucked. Simple as that.

The wrestling isn't important any more remember.

What I did like a wee bit about last night's Raw was the role of the manager being revived again with the JR & Cole slot during the Swagger King match. Now, if they could get that going again, Sin Cara might stand a better chance.

Sin Cara won't speak, I don't think. I can't see him getting a manager either but I could be wrong.

EDIT: Anyone else play the Football Manager of wrestling, EWR?

Edited by ginge123