The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

A good 2-3 month story line blown in 2 weeks. They could have had Storm win a few times. Some tag matches where you can see tension between them. Then they big match where Roode turns heel.. Basic booking!

I wouldn't go that far.

The storyline isn't ruined, don't be absurd. It's just your typical TNA, ref distraction shite that they're renowned for now.

That wes fucking phenomenal.....Mick Foley is a very funny man. Very , very funny night. I would recommend when he comes back next year,,,,,his mix of jokes and stories was excellent. He shared some very funny stories about Vincem Snuka, HHH, The Rock, Kane and even entered to Kurt Angles WWE theme music and used that to shut up hecklers he played Angles and had the crowd do the "you suck" chants.

The support acts were also superb, 2 acts were excellent...imcluding ICW's own Billy Kirkwood.

That wes fucking phenomenal.....Mick Foley is a very funny man. Very , very funny night. I would recommend when he comes back next year,,,,,his mix of jokes and stories was excellent. He shared some very funny stories about Vincem Snuka, HHH, The Rock, Kane and even entered to Kurt Angles WWE theme music and used that to shut up hecklers he played Angles and had the crowd do the "you suck" chants.

The support acts were also superb, 2 acts were excellent...imcluding ICW's own Billy Kirkwood.

It was pretty good yeah. The two guys next to me up the standing end at the back though obviously thought they were majority shareholders in ICW and wouldn't stop chanting it all night. Couple of proper cunts to be honest and ruined it a bit for me considering they were standing right next to me the entire gig. In fact about 60% of the males in the audience tonight seemed like sad virgins with no previous experience of interacting with the opposite sex.

Thought Billy Kirkwood was very funny. Haven't got any previous knowledge of any of his work but he was cracking. Much more so than Foley himself.

It was pretty good yeah. The two guys next to me up the standing end at the back though obviously thought they were majority shareholders in ICW and wouldn't stop chanting it all night. Couple of proper c***s to be honest and ruined it a bit for me considering they were standing right next to me the entire gig.

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the owner himself and someone actually chanting. I know he was heading along. And I'd have a fair idea who person #2 was if he was indeed the guy. Don't see why you'd go to a comedy show and chant ICW, at least not for any length of time anyways. One chant to acknowledge that yes Kirkwood is there would be enough, and even then I'd laugh at the idea of getting involved.

In fact about 60% of the males in the audience tonight seemed like sad virgins with no previous experience of interacting with the opposite sex.

It's probably wrestling fans, so what do you expect? :P

I like Kirkwood on The One Wrestling Show. It really is nowhere near as good without him when he goes overseas. I can tell he'd be good just by listening to that. Although he does throw wee bits and bobs of his standup act in when he does ICW announcing.

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the owner himself and someone actually chanting. I know he was heading along. And I'd have a fair idea who person #2 was if he was indeed the guy. Don't see why you'd go to a comedy show and chant ICW, at least not for any length of time anyways. One chant to acknowledge that yes Kirkwood is there would be enough, and even then I'd laugh at the idea of getting involved.

It's probably wrestling fans, so what do you expect? :P

I like Kirkwood on The One Wrestling Show. It really is nowhere near as good without him when he goes overseas. I can tell he'd be good just by listening to that. Although he does throw wee bits and bobs of his standup act in when he does ICW announcing.

Yeah he was pretty funny, he even acknowledged the ICW crowd (of which there was about 30 guys dispersed about the room) the 2 guys were simply cocks though. Didn't come across as owners of a promotion though. Two lads in their 20s with long greasy hair, generally irritating the f**k out of everyone within a 30 ft radius of them.

Edited by djchapsticks

It was pretty good yeah. The two guys next to me up the standing end at the back though obviously thought they were majority shareholders in ICW and wouldn't stop chanting it all night. Couple of proper cunts to be honest and ruined it a bit for me considering they were standing right next to me the entire gig. In fact about 60% of the males in the audience tonight seemed like sad virgins with no previous experience of interacting with the opposite sex.

Thought Billy Kirkwood was very funny. Haven't got any previous knowledge of any of his work but he was cracking. Much more so than Foley himself.

During the Foley/Kirkwood segment I didn't hear a word thank to the c***s at the back chanting and shouting.....fannies. I did enjoy the wummin saying to them tae shut up.

Pretty much the first half of Foleys routine was telling jokes and the second half was telling wrestling related stories...i spent half pishin myself, the second half listening intently.

Didn't come across as owners of a promotion though. Two lads in their 20s, long greasy hair and beards, generally irritating the f**k out of everyone within a 30 ft radius of them.

Oh right. Certainly not the promoter.

Apparently the guy that does The One Wrestling Show got booed for plugging. :lol: Surely any true fan of Foley appreciates plugging!!!

Not a clue. I'm shite with names.

Also, were you behind me in the queue slaughtering Craig Samson getting a call up? If so, it was me who was defending him. :lol:

I thought that big Geordie was hilarious.

Nope, that wasn't me. I'd be more likely to defend big Samson :lol:

As per there was a large percentage of absolute roasters.

Raw is coming from England tonight. Hopefully tonight's show is a big improvement over the past few weeks, as the show has been pretty dire IMO.

They really need to start building some other matches for Surivor Series. I don't really understand why Cena needs the Rock on his team to defeat Miz and Truth, as Cena already battered them both quite easily by himself last Monday

They usually just have the same old shit on the UK shows. There isn't much difference. Although sometimes they try and give good main events. There's been some interesting ones over the years. Most notably the 50+ minute match between Cena and HBK which was the best match they had together.

It's the reason I'm going to be watching this week at least. You might get a wee surprise from their UK shows. Plus...

Mick Foley being on tour at the same time as WWE is apparently "not a coincidence" according to him.

They usually just have the same old shit on the UK shows. There isn't much difference. Although sometimes they try and give good main events. There's been some interesting ones over the years. Most notably the 50+ minute match between Cena and HBK which was the best match they had together.

It's the reason I'm going to be watching this week at least. You might get a wee surprise from their UK shows. Plus...

Mick Foley being on tour at the same time as WWE is apparently "not a coincidence" according to him.

It isn't. He showed up at the Manchester house show on Saturday night and had a segment with Miz and Truth.

Just got 3 tickets for Mania, weren't supposed to be on sale til 3. 10 years on since Toronto finally Latino Lover has come back to Wrestlemania!

Awesome, I'd loved to have been ringside (or anywhere for that matter) at WrestleMania X-Seven and X8 (you being at the latter) but was only about 9 or 10 at the time.

Ironically you will be seeing arguably the biggest/most hyped-up match in John Cena vs. The Rock since Hogan vs. The Rock - coincidentally at the last WrestleMania you were at ten years prior.

Regardless of what wrestling is like nowadays, I still want to take in a WrestleMania at some point as it's always good such is the spectacle that goes with it. I envy you. ;)

Edited by Paulo Sergio