The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Quite a few Scottish talents have been catching the eye of the bigger leagues recently? We seem to have a great talent pool of young hungry workers here. I only follow ICW and from time to time PBW.

My partner and I attend ICW show all the time, she works alongside Red Lightning who had a TNA tryout last year and apparently has more recently been asked back this year and is rumoured to be among the guys asked to go to their first developmental camp in OVW. However he has been quoted as saying he does not feel this is for him at this point in his career? And wants to hold out for a few years to see how big ICW gets and use their TV as a shop window for himself to sell to other companies. He has put alot of his own money behind a trip to the states to compete in both the ROH and DGUSA open tryouts to get his name out there and gain experience and advice from these reputable companies. I can see his character and mic skills really elevating him but have also noticed he takes good bumps for people and could possibly end up in some sort of enhancement role?

Then we have the possibility of Jester, Lionheart and Gunn in WWE. I think if Wolfgang got in better shape he would be a great talent in WWE as he works a similar style. Lionheart would be great in WWE. The guy has worked TNA and WWE in the same year and what a feat that is. amazing. Jetser looks great these days. Must say I am a bit underwhelmed by Gunn since his initiall interest from WWE fizzled out.

Andy Wild is one of my favourties these days.

Edited by WestEndJag

Red Lightning is as ambitious as anyone I have ever spoken to in the Scottish scene. He has certain attributes which are going to count for him. He has some charisma about him, in a dickhead heel sense, he has absolutely phenomenal mic skills, and he's solid in the ring purely down to just how entertaining he is. He's one of the very few in Scotland who can be very good without doing much. He's our Hogan. :P

I just don't see BT Gunn in WWE, and if he does wind up there, then he won't get used. It won't be a waste of time for him of course though as he would be gaining some amazing experience from it. Jack Jester has a cracking look. People have forgotten how good a wrestler he is because of all of the brawling he does in ICW and even in BCW as well. PBW have really allowed him to strut his stuff properly. He was amazing a few years ago in BCW before he went to work for All Star full time to learn from some of the best in the UK. Guys like Cabana and Danielson came away from that promotion better than when they went in. Add Jester to that list.

Andy Wild is one of those guys who MIGHT be a bit small. I'd put him in the same boat as Liam Thomson and Noam Dar. Guys who would absolutely rip up the indies pretty much anywhere in the world. Noam Dar has an incredible future ahead of him actually. His self-belief shines through in everything he does. As a heel, he just oozes dickhead, and as a wrestler he has developed into a fucking machine. He's 18 I think, and he's the best in Scotland at the moment. It's fucking frightening how good this guy is going to be.

Scottish wrestling hasn't been this good since I started watching it. People are gonna see ICW on the TV and think to themselves "fucking hell!" when they see both 1) that these guys look like wrestlers and 2) they're fucking good in the ring.

Former WWE talent Mark Canterbury (a/k/a Henry O. Godwinn), 47, was hospitalized following a car wreck Tuesday in Lindside, West Virginia.Canterbury reportedly drove his automobile over a cliff. He suffered two punctured lungs, thirteen broken ribs and a broken leg.He was flown to an intensive care unit and remains in critical condition.

Ouch

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Right, as usual, plugging the stuff I'm either 1) liking or 2) liking the look of in the future. The One Wrestling Show was amazing last night. Mick Foley gave a surprise interview... it was even a surprise to the hosts. A pure walloper phoned in and had everyone listening and hosting in tears of laughter. Some awesome reminiscing about the good old days of entrances and theme music being awesome, and some weird as f**k looks at both RAW and next year's Wrestlemania. It's hosted by Red Lightning, Chris Renfrew, Billy Kirkwood and Chris Duke. Neil "The Wee Man" Bratchpiece is back in place of Lightning next week.

Oh, forgot to mention that in the next couple of weeks, guests will include Luke Gallows, Drew McIntyre and... JBL!!!

I plug that all the time because it's absolutely brilliant, and it can be found here...

http://onewrestling.podbean.com/mf/web/4m66u4/Wrestling9.mp3

That looks like it's not worked right. Anyways, copy, paste and put it in and it'll play.

Fucking missed this....aye. Tis highly entertaining....get it listened to!!!!

Fucking missed this....aye. Tis highly entertaining....get it listened to!!!!

"I'll put a spell on you."

:lol: I swear, I haven't laughed that hard at something in a long time. You could hear the hosts were long gone as well.

Get onto iTunes and get the episode with the Dennis Stamp interview on it. It's fucking magnificent, and has even been nominated for a Wrestling Radio Award. Well worth it. What started as a campaign to find the "im naw booked" guy ended in something quite special.

"I'll put a spell on you."

:lol: I swear, I haven't laughed that hard at something in a long time. You could hear the hosts were long gone as well.

Get onto iTunes and get the episode with the Dennis Stamp interview on it. It's fucking magnificent, and has even been nominated for a Wrestling Radio Award. Well worth it. What started as a campaign to find the "im naw booked" guy ended in something quite special.

I laughed at quite a bit of the Chyna talk....good stuff.