The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I went to bed for a power nap with every intention of waking up for this starting but I've just turned it on now. Can anyone give a summary of what's happened thus far?

JR lost the Michael Cole challenge

Punk put Cole in the Anaconda Vice(hence the sling)

Mason Ryan beat Ziggler via DQ(Vicki slapped Ryan)

Nash beat Santino down

Rhodes & Hunico beat Kingston & Sin Cara

Barrett and Orton broke down into a fight between the two Survivor Series teams

Sheamus beat Swagger

Foley came down and did a "This Is Your Life" for Cena, which was horribly awkward, before the Rock Rock bottomed him.

That's not the order but I think that's what's happened thus far.

JR lost the Michael Cole challenge

Punk put Cole in the Anaconda Vice(hence the sling)

Mason Ryan beat Ziggler via DQ(Vicki slapped Ryan)

Nash beat Santino down

Rhodes & Hunico beat Kingston & Sin Cara

Barrett and Orton broke down into a fight between the two Survivor Series teams

Sheamus beat Swagger

Foley came down and did a "This Is Your Life" for Cena, which was horribly awkward, before the Rock Rock bottomed him.

That's not the order but I think that's what's happened thus far.

Cheers.

Calling it? People have been saying he should've turned heel since Summerslam! Nice original thinking there SOL.

Summerslam 2008 maybe :lol:

The Rock is the man, although I thought Cena, Miz and Truth all came across pretty well there as well.

Second half of Turning Point...

* The pre-match stuff with Scott Steiner and Bully Ray was great. Scott Steiner is horrific on the mic just now, fucking up his lines left right and centre, but the material is brilliant. The match is fairly standard formula stuff. Some of the execution was awful though, especially from the Immortal team. I'll give them a half-decent rating though. **

* Knockout title. Gail Kim... ugh. It's amazing that Kong made Kim look so good, and somehow had us all fooled into thinking she was any good. Decent here actually. Well, about as good as you're gonna get with these two anyways. *1/2

* Jarrett vs. Hardy. On a good day, this is a match which could steal any show. On paper at least. Both guys looked motivated here. The ending seemed a bit abrupt, but made sense with what happened before, and made sense of the weird start. They don't have much chemistry which is a shame, but points for effort at least. **3/4

* AJ Styles was injured going into the main event, which meant that this was always a bit of a lottery. Good to see they got a good amount of time. Too many TNA main events have been raped for time on PPV. Another flat match though. ***

The Impact Zone crowd, as always, doesn't help with the show by providing a quite frankly horrific atmosphere. The show isn't good. Possibly the worst PPV of the year so far. RAW thoughts coming soon.

Right, RAW thoughts.

* While you can't deny Michael Cole is over, what you also can't deby is that what he's doing these days is absolutely terrible. Whoever came up with the idea of THIS opening the show needs to be shot. Michael Cole just overwhelms things with his dickishness here. Sometimes there's just too much. CM Punk saved things and the fans seemed to agree with that.

* Check out the pop for Mick Foley. They still love him.

* Sin Cara and Kofi Kingston vs. Cody Rhodes and Hunico: Who gives a f**k about Hunico? The silence he was met with was amazing. Why did the ref not count the three for the Tilt-a-Whirl Rana Cara did mid-match? It was about as sweet an execution as you'll ever see for that move and the referee just didn't get it. On a similar note, Cara actually looked decent. Decent tag team action. **1/4

* The Ryder/Santino segment backstage was horrific.

* Dolph Ziggler is great, apart from the fact that he has "HEEL" on his hoodie. Ridiculous. His match with Mason Ryan was too short to be anything. People are complaining about Ryan, but he has about as much potential right now as Batista did when he started. I don't see any reason why he can't go on and be equally as good.

* This was more of an anti-Cena crowd than you usually see on RAW. His very desperate attempts to put Cena over were falling on deaf ears, although calling Cena one of the best of all time can't have helped. Right, to the This is Your Life. Turned out better than I was expecting, which is a relief. Bull Buchanan was absolutely fantastic. The dad stuff had the desired effect, even if it kinda went against what Foley was doing early in the segment. The Rock's brief cameo was the perfect ending to the "disaster" which preceeded. You know what? f**k it, I absolutely loved that.

* Sheamus vs. Swagger: Loved the Sheamus sequence leading into the Powerslam. The match was a decent short competitive one where Swagger looked strong against an on fire Sheamus. **1/2

* Divas: The usual too short to be anything bad or good with a TV diva match. N/A

* Loved the out of nowhere beating from Alberto Del Rio to CM Punk. I knew we were going to see an attack at some point, but the timing was spot on there.

* Del Rio/Henry vs. Punk/Show: Probably my favourite and least favourite in WWE at the moment in the heel team. How motivated has The Big Show looked this year? He's played his part in the surprisingly good fued with Mark Henry. Those matches are the big monster matches WWE have been wanting to put on for years and failed. Their stuff in this match was hot as hell too. I actually really liked this match full stop. Better than anything on the TNA PPV. ***1/2

* Just the mention of the last moments of the Rumble bring good memories back. The place went fucking tits up when Santino got back in the ring. Anyways, this segment was mainly a Nash vehicle. Not that I mind. Nash was SUPER over with the audience this week.

* Barrett vs. Orton: Barrett has settled into this faction leader role with great ease. He's always been a good talker, so it's good to see him with something to do with that talent. As for the match itself, it's more than worth the few minutes that it got. Just a really good match for the time it was given. ***

* And so we close with The Rock. The Rock saying nothing much of anything is still much better than the childish crap get from him and Cena when they get going on each other. I'm not really sure about WWE's fascination with what's trending though. "Boots to asses!" is a great chant though. The Miz and Truth dragged things down several notches. Does anyone else think The Miz's delivery has gotten worse? R-Truth seems to be excelling though. Even though Cena/Rock gets a bit childish, their stuff is quite good this time out. Especially the first out of nowhere dig that Cena has. Every insult was met with a well earned "he went there!" response. And The Miz just looked out of place when he came back into things. Great final segment though.

RAW showed me this week why I can't resist going back to it even when I say I won't. Because you never know when they're gonna have a brilliant week. Not even The Rock has been a guarantee of goodness.

Cena won't turn heel. He'll walk out on The Rock I think as a measure of revenge for the Wrestlemania incident, and I think that's why he picked Rock as his partner. It won't be a full scale heel turn though. Who's got it in them to be the full time poster boy for WWE when he turns heel?

Punk?

I think he's too much of a "smark" character to appeal to the masses. Believe it or not, and contrary to what many said last night, John Cena DOES appeal to more than just women and children. CM Punk could get there, but I think it's too soon at the minute. Cena took about four years of constant pushing to get to the point he's at.

There's no chance of Awesometruth winning unless Cena Turns heel

Cena wont turn heel until a Wrestlemania much like Austin, the difference being that Rock, HHH, Taker, Kane and Angle were all selling lots of merch etc. at the same time. Therefore WWE could afford to turn Austin.

Cena sells a shit ton of merch everynight and WWE know this, until 2 or 3 other guys get majorly over and start selling merch Cena will remain exactly where he is right now and has been for the past 5 years.