The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

RAW shows signs now and again of some good stuff. Smackdown is good, and has been for some time. Apparently Impact is quite good most weeks, but honestly, I just don't give a f**k.

I'm happy getting my fix elsewhere if I have to.

Following on from his tweet earlier in the week Jericho has now given an interview saying that after the current tour Fozzy are going to be in the studio making an a new record and he then has acting gigs lined up till the middle of next year so as much as everybody wants him to come back to the WWE it is not going to happen anytime soon.

Actually really looking forward to this tonight, which is unusual as the last few SS have left me uninspired. Punk was injured for last years one, so we had Barrett vs Orton, the entire Nexus vs Santino and Kozlov, Kane vs Edge, Bryan vs DiBiase etc etc etc.

So tonight we have what looks like 2 good world title matches, hopefully Ziggler wins, and the elimination match should be pretty good. If Punk and Henry win I'll be happy.

Aye. It looks naw bad.

* As much as I dislike ADR as champ, his ability in the ring is undeniable. He has a more than capable opponent in the IWC darling, CM Punk. The match is most likely going to be an absolute blinder and a sure fire MOTYC if it reaches expectations.

* Mark Henry vs. The Big Show has been an unexpected gem of a fued and I can't see anything other than a clean Henry win to end it. I can see this being yet another good 'un from Henry. There's been a couple of surprising guys on the WWE roster this year, and he's one of them.

* Am I the only one who has lost interest in the main event tag? I'm sure it'll come back when The Rock comes out, but untill then, I'm skeptical. Apparently they've been working really hard on the structure of this one, so I can see this being a long formula match and a cracker as well. If The Rock is anything close to what he used to be in the ring, it's automatically a whole lot of fun. Cena always brings the goods on PPV. Miz is underrated in the ring, and Truth can hold his end up.

* The big Orton/Barrett SS match has a lot of good talent in it. Some good consistant wrestlers in there. I can see Mason Ryan, Sin Cara and Hunico having short cameos looking impressive and then leaving the leg work to the rest of the guys. I think this will be an excellent match.

* Eve is one of the many divas who I can't stand so I am NOT looking forward to this. Then again, she surprised me last time out. I'll give it a chance, but my hopes aren't high.

* Does anyone else think it's a given that Zack Ryder is going to be in the US title match? He's going to get involved eventually last minute and win the belt. I hope not, as I really want to see another Ziggler vs. Morrison match, especially with both guys being better than they were in the original fued over the same belt. And Zack Ryder has proven to be actually not very good.

* Am I the only one who has lost interest in the main event tag? I'm sure it'll come back when The Rock comes out, but untill then, I'm skeptical. Apparently they've been working really hard on the structure of this one, so I can see this being a long formula match and a cracker as well. If The Rock is anything close to what he used to be in the ring, it's automatically a whole lot of fun. Cena always brings the goods on PPV. Miz is underrated in the ring, and Truth can hold his end up.

Someone will walk out of the match I reckon, I'll go for Cena after what The Rock did at Mania. It's how shite they've made Miz/Truth look in the build up that makes it unappealing. They have continually had their arses kicked on a weekly basis by Cena alone, so add Rocky in the mix and why would it be any different?

* Eve is one of the many divas who I can't stand so I am NOT looking forward to this. Then again, she surprised me last time out. I'll give it a chance, but my hopes aren't high.

Aye but it's Bethwub.gif

* Does anyone else think it's a given that Zack Ryder is going to be in the US title match? He's going to get involved eventually last minute and win the belt. I hope not, as I really want to see another Ziggler vs. Morrison match, especially with both guys being better than they were in the original fued over the same belt. And Zack Ryder has proven to be actually not very good.

He has to be involved somewhere, otherwise his whole petition thingy is pointless.

Also, surely Nash has to be involved somewhere? And maybe a surprise comeback? Kane? Taker? I'll go for Kane to get involved in Henry vs Show.

Anybody who finds any good links for tonight feel free to post them here....it's be greatly appreciatedwink.gif

Aye... I think we'll struggle tonight cos it's such a big event. Just post every link you can get on here!