The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

My superstar of the year has to be CM Punk with Mark Henry a close 2nd and

moment of the year for me has to be Orton's wee dance and big star jump after a

big RKO, magical bit of viewing from the so called "robot" haha!

Don't forget the wee jig he does before doing the RKO. The star jump is just fabulous though. I fucking love Randy Orton now. And I used to hate the guy!

It's going to be Chris Jericho. With the main event being Punk/Ziggler, the guy coming in is going after Punk. Someone came out with a theory that it could be Brodus Clay, and Johnny Ace did this to make it his big return. Not bad really, but I can't see it.

The videos don't make any sense for this guy, but doesn't Batista want back or something?

He said recently something along the lines of the PG product is shite, it's not what wrestling should be, it's not what he got into the business for and that in its current he doesn't want to return. So he either really does hate it just now or he's trying to throw us off the scent, but I doubt it.

If Bryan's heel, how will they have Cole handle it? :huh:

A heel Daniel Bryan with Michael Cole as his manager would be absolutely brilliant. I can't really put into words how much I'd mark out for that.

The videos don't make any sense for this guy, but doesn't Batista want back or something?

Batista's training MMA (talking about a fight with Bobby Lashley actually) and has shed a tonne of muscle mass. Of all the names mentioned he'd be the one I'd most want to see back but I don't think it's gonna happen.

It'll be Taker tonight, possibly with Michelle McCool. I'm not in work until 2pm tomorrow so I'm gonna stay up and watch this. I'd love a really leftfield return.

For 2011 I was thinking of doing a wee vote but folk have already started posting so never mind. I'd say:

Wrestler/Superstar of the Year -

1. Dolph Ziggler

2. Randy Orton

3. CM Punk

Most improved wrestler/superstar -

1. Mark Henry

2. Bully Ray

3. Zack Ryder

Match of the year -

1. John Cena vs CM Punk - MITB

2. Edge vs Dolph Ziggler - Royal Rumble

3. HHH vs Kevin Nash - TLC

Moment of the year -

1. Rock's return on Raw

2. Punk's entrance at MITB

3. The return of Hulkamania

Worst wrestler/superstar -

1. Christopher Daniels

2. Abyss

3. Matt Hardy

just because there is a girl in the videos does not mean there is going to be a litteral girl return! *facepalm*

its got jericho written all over it, the only way thats going to change is if vince gets that pissed off with all the dirtsheets spoiling returns that he changes it just tp spite them. its jericho jericho jericho JERICHO!

hope tonights RAW is worth staying up for, sadly can see it being very underwhelming then Y2J return then end..

I know I'm early but where else is there to watch this online? I know the wrestling channel's have been pulled from justin.tv and I also haven't been able to get onto firstrowsports all day, which is what I usually use ?

Edited by Rudy

Someone came out with a theory that it could be Brodus Clay, and Johnny Ace did this to make it his big return. Not bad really, but I can't see it.

It's 100% not Brodus Clay with regards to the videos. He was already confirmed last week to be returning on the show this week in the segment with Laurinitis, Big Show and Otunga.

Just waiting for Raw to start now, is this series of NXT never ending?

I haven't been watching it but it seems to have been going on forever. Personally, I thought Derrick Bateman was good enough to be on RAW or SD! but I haven't seen it in a long time so I don't know how he's developed, if at all.

I wonder wtf is happening with big Andy from Tough Enough? :lol:

Has Jericho always been in the opening credits? unsure.gif

Yes.

Anyone else think they're going to put the strap on Ziggler tonight? There's no ready made feud for Punk at the Rumble with ADR injured, Miz tied up with Truth and Barrett on SD. You'd imagine Taker will be in the Rumble when he comes back in the next couple of hours.

Anyone else think they're going to put the strap on Ziggler tonight? There's no ready made feud for Punk at the Rumble with ADR injured, Miz tied up with Truth and Barrett on SD. You'd imagine Taker will be in the Rumble when he comes back in the next couple of hours.

I'd be up for that, assuming that it is Taker.

Obviously, if it's Jericho then it'll be Punk and Jericho. But then, where does that leave Ziggler?