Livingston - all the threads merged

She aint owed any dosh till the tribunal says she is so at least wait till then before coming on here with your pish. Fecking Airdrie fan talking about no paying debt, good un.

Good pricing for the Stranraer return game:

.Prices for wednesday’s crucial playoff match at Stranraer have now been confirmed:

Adult £13
Senior Citizen over 65 £7
Youth up to 16 £5
Primary School £3

There will be no segregation and Livingston fans are welcome to visit the bar before the game.

For the return leg at the Tony Macaroni Arena, admission will be:

Adults £10
Concessions £5
U12 FREE (with a paying adult)

According to the press report they have offered her a settlement?

Which shows the accuracy of the press report, how could they offer a settlement if they reportedly have no money to pay it?

Which shows the accuracy of the press report, how could they offer a settlement if they reportedly have no money to pay it?

The report says that Livi couldn't afford to pay it if she won the tribunal, I doubt the settlement Livi were offering was anything near the amount she is seeking otherwise she would've taken it. 

Stan Moffat (the clubs solicitor in this case) has said he can get her a settlement but if the tribunal finds against the club that they won't be able to afford to pay the sums claimed. It's actually very common for a settlement offer to be made in such cases however it's normally at the mediation stage before ACAS issue the certificate which allows the ET1 to be issued.

Turning up in Edinburgh (it's an open hearing by the way) with the defence of "we can't afford financially to lose" isn't really going to cut the mustard.

Stan Moffat (the clubs solicitor in this case) has said he can get her a settlement but if the tribunal finds against the club that they won't be able to afford to pay the sums claimed. It's actually very common for a settlement offer to be made in such cases however it's normally at the mediation stage before ACAS issue the certificate which allows the ET1 to be issued.

Turning up in Edinburgh (it's an open hearing by the way) with the defence of "we can't afford financially to lose" isn't really going to cut the mustard.

The club has issued a response that states that the club is on a sound business footing. Seems to me that the Day Late Record is making pish up again. Note that the Day Late Record article has a picture of Neil Rankine and "Livingston FC Shareholder" then they mention further down the article

"Questioning Lisa-Marie, Moffat told her she had been highly regarded by former majority shareholder Neil Rankine"

So Day Late Record, what is he? a current or former shareholder?

There is lots more sensationalist rubbish in this article.

The Record sensationalises that Livi could go bust after Lisa's lawyer quotes

"It doesn’t look good for Livingston and it is not even clear if they can afford to lose the tribunal. If Lisa-Marie wins and the club don’t pay up, she might go for a winding-up order.â€

It all goes back to Nixon v Rankine and Lisa seems to be another person caught in the crossfire. To say that Livi would go bust due to £7200 is the Tosh expected from the Record coincidentally at the same time that Rangers are trying to get Matthew Knox on the cheap, not that I'm saying that the Record has any agenda here....

Personally, I wish that both Rankine and Nixon would just go away and never return, they are a bad smell that never seems to go away and if Livingston as a club can ever grow again, we need to distance ourselves from people like this.

I would like to see the SFA show some bottle here and actually ban Nixon, Rankine and Massone from all football activities.

Statement below (which also includes another dig at Nixon who owes the club £85k and was mentioned in the article by the Record as credible witness (which we all know he isn't, (neither is Rankine who was also mentioned))) :-

The recent Employment Tribunal case covered sensationally in certain Scottish newspapers is yet another legacy issue which Club has had to deal with in the past 11 months.

The club is operating on a sound business footing and the focus at the moment is on retaining our Championship status. The Operating Committee and Directors have worked hard to concentrate media attention on football matters, rather than the off field issues which were covered so publically and so damagingly last year.

For this reason we have not highlighted the ongoing situation with a former Director. However we can confirm  that a court award of £85,000 was made against Gerard Keith Nixon following his failed legal action against Livingston Football Club.

This money  has so far not been paid.

The club has issued a response that states that the club is on a sound business footing. Seems to me that the Day Late Record is making pish up again. Note that the Day Late Record article has a picture of Neil Rankine and "Livingston FC Shareholder" then they mention further down the article

"Questioning Lisa-Marie, Moffat told her she had been highly regarded by former majority shareholder Neil Rankine"

There is lots more sensationalist rubbish in this article.

"It doesn’t look good for Livingston and it is not even clear if they can afford to lose the tribunal. If Lisa-Marie wins and the club don’t pay up, she might go for a winding-up order.â€

It all goes back to Nixon v Rankine and Lisa seems to be another person caught in the crossfire. To say that Livi would go bust due to £7200 is the Tosh expected from the Record coincidentally at the same time that Rangers are trying to get Matthew Knox on the cheap, not that I'm saying that the Record has any agenda here....

Personally, I wish that both Rankine and Nixon would just go away and never return, they are a bad smell that never seems to go away and if Livingston as a club can ever grow again, we need to distance ourselves from people like this.

I would like to see the SFA show some bottle here and actually ban Nixon, Rankine and Massone from all football activities.

Statement below (which also includes another dig at Nixon who owes the club £85k and was mentioned in the article by the Record as credible witness (which we all know he isn't, (neither is Rankine who was also mentioned))) :-

The recent Employment Tribunal case covered sensationally in certain Scottish newspapers is yet another legacy issue which Club has had to deal with in the past 11 months.

The club is operating on a sound business footing and the focus at the moment is on retaining our Championship status. The Operating Committee and Directors have worked hard to concentrate media attention on football matters, rather than the off field issues which were covered so publically and so damagingly last year.

For this reason we have not highlighted the ongoing situation with a former Director. However we can confirm  that a court award of £85,000 was made against Gerard Keith Nixon following his failed legal action against Livingston Football Club.

This money  has so far not been paid.

I think everyone knows that Livi are not operating on a sound business footing (they are not alone in Scottish Football in that regard). The level of debt, admittedly to "friendly creditors" is hovering near the level it was at when McGruther described the business as "hopelessly insolvent".

We now know via the Nixon/LFC court case that the plan of numerous former owners was to cash out via a supermarket deal. That's gone there is no plan B or rabbit in the hat anymore. If it unravels again it will be game over.

Any creditor owed over £750 by a limited company with an expired charge for payment or expired statutory demand can petition for a winding up (the creditor is liable for the costs) So there would be nothing stopping her petitioning. The problem is that even if the club paid her at that point, after service of the petition, other creditors could take carriage of the petition.

I'm pretty sure that Nixon was declared bust after the award so doubt they will be seeing any of the £85k.

Edited by AND180Y

There is lots more sensationalist rubbish in this article.

Statement below (which also includes another dig at Nixon who owes the club £85k and was mentioned in the article by the Record as credible witness (which we all know he isn't, (neither is Rankine who was also mentioned))) :-

For this reason we have not highlighted the ongoing situation with a former Director. However we can confirm that a court award of £85,000 was made against Gerard Keith Nixon following his failed legal action against Livingston Football Club.

This money has so far not been paid.

It's just a long line of bad smells at Livingston.

I might put some coins on Livi going through on Saturday for reasons I'm not sure of.

It looks over, but I'm just not sure it is. An early Livi goal and they could go through with the firepower they've got upfront.

It would be appreciated if you'd go down and let us have another part-time club to play however.

I might put some coins on Livi going through on Saturday for reasons I'm not sure of.

It looks over, but I'm just not sure it is. An early Livi goal and they could go through with the firepower they've got upfront.

It would be appreciated if you'd go down and let us have another part-time club to play however.

They appear to be best-price 4/7 just now which is very poor IMO, given that they've just been humped away from home.

Yes, as you say, another P/T time (ideally Stranraer) coming up would be most welcome.

Inept management team aside, it should be remembered that it is the worst Livingston squad in years. They're a total gang.

Run like a bad junior team, play like one.

If they go down now, they'll not be back for years.

Actually feel sorry for the guys trying to run the club, doing their best just not very good at it. Control just seems to shift from one bum to the next, no solid plans, no engagement with fans or the community, no clear structure.

Edited by TheLad