Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, LogieLivi said:

Already aware. Knox and Danny Mullen.
Hence why we are playing against Cardiff in a friendly either tomorrow or next Friday.

It's Fri 28th they're going down.

Last updated : 19 July 2017

Viewed : 110

C:WindowsTempphpA9C8.tmpCardiff have arranged a pre-season home friendly at CCS on Friday July 28th, ko 7pm.

The visitors will be Scottish Championship side Livingston. Back in 2001 Cardiff signed Neil Alexander from Livingston and today the keeper is back playing for them. It'll be good to see him again in Cardiff.

Neil Warnock said: “We had a couple of options to play against Italian and Spanish opposition, but I wanted to have a British-based side to play against with it being our final game before the season starts.

“I think Livingston will give us a good game and they’ve a couple of players that I would like to watch in person. In this respect it kills two birds with one stone.”

Knox has been out on trial quite a few times but nothing came of it, Sevco have made an offer of 75K but it was knocked back. Leeds, Cardiff and Crystal Palace are interested in him too.

Hoping Mullen doesn't leave but if he does it would be good to get Andy Ryan from Airdrie with the  some of the dosh we get from Mullen.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Knox has been out on trial quite a few times but nothing came of it, Sevco have made an offer of 75K but it was knocked back. Leeds, Cardiff and Crystal Palace are interested in him too.

Hoping Mullen doesn't leave but if he does it would be good to get Andy Ryan from Airdrie with the  some of the dosh we get from Mullen.

Imagine a world where we lose Knox, keep Mullen and pick up Ryan :D 

An update on Mullen and Knox:

Livingston manager David Hopkin has revealed that highly-rated pair Matthew Knox and Danny Mullen are both on trial at English Championship outfit Cardiff City.

Playmaker Knox and striker Mullen joined up with Neil Warnock’s side on Wednesday and will remain in the Welsh capital until the Lions travel to the Cardiff City stadium for next Friday’s friendly.

Hopkin will be without both players for the forthcoming Betfred Cup matches against Airdrie and Stranraer.

Ah well at least we had them for the Partick Th and St Mirren games, we should manage without Mullen against Airdrie and Stranraer, and hopefully have him back for the league starting.

Hopefully these sheep molesting fuckers are paying us some sort of compensation considering we're without 2 key players in 2 important cup matches.

The manager agreed to let them go down. Can't stand in their way if we are looking to gain some money from them.

In all seriousness though, I can't see Mullen cutting it down in England. Not really seen enough of Knox but not bothered if we lose him tbh.

I think this season in the Championship would make Mullen and he'd be ready for a move to the SPFL Premiership or League One/Championship down South, and agree he's not quite ready yet.

Knox would be put in a development team in England, he'd also prob be better staying at Livi and having a full season playing in the SPFL Championship, imo it would help him more long term as he'll get first team games this season. I've been impressed with what I saw of him in pre season games and against Partick Thistle in the Betfred cup. I think he'd really shine for us this season.

56 minutes ago, minijc said:

Didn't realise Alexander had signed, assume he'll be your no1?  Also what would your best 11 be and the likely formation for the season.

Alexander is our number 1, we are likely to be set up in a 3,5,2 formation but with wing backs so can also be a 5,3,2. 

Most likely line up, still to be decided but so far it's looking very much along the lines of :- 

Alexander, Gallagher, Halkett, Lithgow, Longridge, De Vita, Byrne, Pittman, Jacobs, Carrick, Mullen. 

you could easily replace Longridge and De Vita with Cadden and Mullin. 

Danny Mullen looks like our main striker and could be partnered up with anyone of Carrick, Toderov and Mackin. 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Superb mate thank you very much, who would you say your best player?

Scott Pittman is pivotal to our success, when he plays well we tick. 

You could argue that Halkett and Gallagher at the back if they perform we will have a chance in every game.