Livingston - all the threads merged

Superb signing, a good goalkeeper is worth a few points a season and that could very well be the difference between a good season and a poor one. Says a lot that nearly every Hearts fan I've spoke to would take him back to Tyncastle in a heart beat.

Think we are almost there with recruitment now. 

42 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Superb signing, a good goalkeeper is worth a few points a season and that could very well be the difference between a good season and a poor one. Says a lot that nearly every Hearts fan I've spoke to would take him back to Tyncastle in a heart beat.

Think we are almost there with recruitment now. 

Playoff spot awaits?

19 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Playoff spot awaits?

I think we lack a prolific goal scorer to push into the playoffs, if indeed u do mean the promotion ones. 

But I do think we are pretty solid defence to midfield and a good GK behind will make us fairly hard to beat. 

We should keep our feet on the ground because we won't get it all our own way like last season, we will lose a few games 8th is the target and if we finish above that then brilliant. 

Mullen will score 10+ league goals, hoping it will be a good bit on that plus side, and yet to see what Carrick can do, he hit a decent wee spell getting goals just before Mullen came back in and he decided to go out on loan for more game time. Not seeing Mackin and Peters getting many though, or big Toddy.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Mullen will score 10+ league goals, hoping it will be a good bit on that plus side, and yet to see what Carrick can do, he hit a decent wee spell getting goals just before Mullen came back in and he decided to go out on loan for more game time. Not seeing Mackin and Peters getting many though, or big Toddy.

Think big toddy will be sort of player we bring on if we are chasing the game and will lump balls up to him

Yeah he's more likely to cause chaos in the box for other players to score, but doesn't look great when having a shot himself, needs to get some composure when he's shooting. I still like him and glad we signed him back up, he's a big powerful front man for Mullen or Carrick to play off.

12 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Peters has a brilliant record and has looked like a pretty strong player, depends how he adapts but could easily chip in with 7/8 goals

Hi guys, Below are the highlights from yesterday's preseason friendly at Rugby Park.

You have a good squad of players at Livingston FC and will no doubt surprise a few rivals in the Championship this year......

Good luck for the coming season [emoji106]

26 minutes ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

Who was your number 10 yesterday? I was quite impressed with him. He tied Broadfoot in knots a good few times.

Danny Mullen, has already got 150+ appearances and only recently turned 22.

We've held our own now against Hearts, Motherwell and Kilmarnock now, despite not scoring I'm not worried as we won't come up against teams as strong as these three during the season. 

1 more friendly to go against Sunderland then we have our 4th premier league team Patrick Thistle to start the betfred cup campaign. 

15 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Danny Mullen, has already got 150+ appearances and only recently turned 22.

He looked really good yesterday, obviously he was up against a player who hadn't played for a while, but I was impressed with him. Is he always as consistent or does he disappear for a few weeks at a time?

46 minutes ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

He looked really good yesterday, obviously he was up against a player who hadn't played for a while, but I was impressed with him. Is he always as consistent or does he disappear for a few weeks at a time?

He's always a pest for defences, puts himself about and I'm not going to lie is partial to throwing himself down a tad easily, good if he's in ur team and is winning free kicks but frustrating if you're the opposition. 

He really came on last season and I believe there was a few interested parties but as yet no bids have been made. 

This is a big season for him, if he can get 12-15 goals in the league then I can see him unfortunately for us moving on to bigger and better things.