Livingston - all the threads merged

2 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Buchanan has doubled his wage with Raith Rovers, I'm told very reliably that we couldn't even get close to Raith on wages. 

In talks to bring back Toderov and have 1 or 2 others lined up, one from a newly promoted league 1 team. 

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, there's a 0% chance a club in league 1 is paying a grand a week for anyone, let alone a forward whose level appears to be league 1.

7 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

I bare no grudges against Buchs for moving on, slightly surprised he's moved down a league but good luck to him, was a good servant the last couple of seasons scoring a load of goals along the way. 

Huge job for Hoppy to replace those goals now, not many strikers out there consistantly scoring 15-20+ goals a season.  

Think a GK and 2 strikers are needed now

Andy Ryan would certainly replace him.

4 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

We don't have the cash to purchase.

Depends how much they want, we had to pay them for a couple of their players last season too, Cadden and Watt I think. They're desperate for some dosh just now too so might  jump at a cheeky offer for Ryan.

If Knox goes this summer, then surely there'd be some room for manoeuvre in that regard? Since we've fucked paying our debts anyway, lets go again. [emoji38]

Didn't think there was appetite to buy Knox from anyone now? They rejected the one and only offer from Rangers. The longer he sits on the bench, with little game time, the less his value becomes.

Didn't think there was appetite to buy Knox from anyone now? They rejected the one and only offer from Rangers. The longer he sits on the bench, with little game time, the less his value becomes.

Sure I read last week that Nottingham Forest were interested, with £150k being banded about. Warburton seems to have a bit of a hard on for the boy so I'd take it tbh. Not seen anything from him to suggest we'll make more off him in the future.

1 hour ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

Any news any of you livi fans care to share re a new keeper? Last I hear we only had Malley but heard rumours of Neil Alexander?

Mark Ridgers retweeted a story that said he was signing for us, or close to signing anyway. Other than that not a thing, and that was ages ago. 

Aye after the flurry of news about signings early on there has been no activity at all this past couple of weeks.

I'm hoping Carrick will do well, with Buchs leaving this is his chance to show what he can do. Mullen too has to step up and prove himself, he did well last season and looks a far stronger player, so this will be the season to fulfil his potential.

On 09/06/2017 at 21:33, andylivi1 said:

Buchanan has doubled his wage with Raith Rovers, I'm told very reliably that we couldn't even get close to Raith on wages. 

In talks to bring back Toderov and have 1 or 2 others lined up, one from a newly promoted league 1 team

That'll be Josh Peters 

52 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Carlisle, Millwall and Dundee were all after him in January apparently, seems to be pretty highly rated

We had him on trial last season. He didn't actually touch the ball very often, but his movement was good. He scored on his Forfar debut against us in the Betfred, and strikes me as the sort of guy who'll score goals, but contribute little else - not that that's a bad thing of course!

Be interesting to see if we made a mistake not offering him a deal.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

We had him on trial last season. He didn't actually touch the ball very often, but his movement was good. He scored on his Forfar debut against us in the Betfred, and strikes me as the sort of guy who'll score goals, but contribute little else - not that that's a bad thing of course!

Be interesting to see if we made a mistake not offering him a deal.

much the same as Buchanan did then for us, even admitted to letting Mullen do the running