Livingston - all the threads merged

Yeah seemed strange only signing Mullen on a 1 year deal when others have been signed on 2 year contracts, he did enough last season to show he's worth a couple of years more. Has really bulked up and looks a lot stronger on the ball, doesn't go to ground as much now either and if he keeps on improving he'll be SPFL Premiership quality, him and Pittman will prob be away next season and we'll not get anything for Mullen, except maybe a development fee. Hopefully we try and extend his contract in January

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

On 09/07/2017 at 10:42, andylivi1 said:

We've held our own now against Hearts, Motherwell and Kilmarnock now, despite not scoring I'm not worried as we won't come up against teams as strong as these three during the season. 

1 more friendly to go against Sunderland then we have our 4th premier league team Patrick Thistle to start the betfred cup campaign. 

I went along to the Hibs v Sunderland game yesterday, we are in for a serious test on Wednesday night. The centre backs who played the first half in particular are huge guys and not slow either! Be interesting to see how we get on. 

I went along to the Hibs v Sunderland game yesterday, we are in for a serious test on Wednesday night. The centre backs who played the first half in particular are huge guys and not slow either! Be interesting to see how we get on. 

Would be ironic if we scored on Wednesday, given we've drawn a blank three times this pre-season. :lol:

If we lose Mullen the season's a bogey already. Not a chance in hell we'd score anywhere near enough goals to even get near staying up.

Knox, I could just about live with given we're alright in the left wing area; Danny would be a substantial loss.

Thought we played alright last night, just lacking that cutting edge up front frustratingly. Second goal was terrible goal to lose by Maley and i thought his positioning at the third was suspect as well. 

The lack of goals is becoming a worry with a tough game ahead on Saturday. 

I'd rather give Peters the chance to score goals than bring Goodwillie to Livi.

We could've picked easier opposition for the pre season games, just to rattle in a few goals, but that wouldn't really have stretched us as much. The Betfred cup is a good mixture of teams at different levels though, and our last 2 games are against League One teams, Airdrie in particular were good opponents for goals last season. I'll start getting worried if we can't score against them.

7 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Under contract for 2 years so a fee required 

thought he only signed on until the end of the season in January

Either way, give us Jesus! Better than Crighton (and Lithgow). Jesus and Andy Ryan and that's our business done :D 

Genuinely don't know how Lithgow stayed over Crighton

Lithgow made mistakes but not as many as Crighton. Lithgow's main problem is that he cant kick the ball with his left foot; gawd knows why we keep playing him on the left.

Crighton's main problem was that he couldn't turn if he lost the ball; good enough at going forward but shite in the air and poor tackling.

Also see Brechin have signed Jordan Sinclair; they have a good lad there; never really got much of a chance with us but looked promising on occasions.