Livingston - all the threads merged

Lithgow made mistakes but not as many as Crighton. Lithgow's main problem is that he cant kick the ball with his left foot; gawd knows why we keep playing him on the left.
Crighton's main problem was that he couldn't turn if he lost the ball; good enough at going forward but shite in the air and poor tackling.
Also see Brechin have signed Jordan Sinclair; they have a good lad there; never really got much of a chance with us but looked promising on occasions.

Lithgow not being able to kick with his left is a liability. The amount of times he had to turn back into the pitch, rather than play out to left mid. Need another lefty in there.
Also need someone who can score, as previously mentioned. They're not easy to come by

2 hours ago, Vinnyjag said:

Guys coming through to the game today, can you park at the stadium?

In order to avoid being shocked at the parking charge at the stadium I would advise you not to if you have the ability to walk a short distance. 

Plenty parking spaces just up from the stadium near the shopping centre, or there is parking facilities at the college, even better if you park at James young High school you can cross a bridge that will take you right to the away end. 

Hope this helps and you enjoy the game, not too much though. 

27 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

In order to avoid being shocked at the parking charge at the stadium I would advise you not to if you have the ability to walk a short distance. 

Plenty parking spaces just up from the stadium near the shopping centre, or there is parking facilities at the college, even better if you park at James young High school you can cross a bridge that will take you right to the away end. 

Hope this helps and you enjoy the game, not too much though. 

St Margaret's High School is also close to the ground. Five minute walk.

Yep; James Young is quite a trek.
Can you park at the college again? I thought they'd stopped it for a while?

Not sure what time the curfew is on a Saturday, but several cars full of Sunderland fans were locked in on Wednesday night. Not sure how long they waited to get let out. :lol:

We've been awarded £5k for fair play by the SPFL.

John Ward posted on Facebook about it with someone commenting it was going towards the 'Andy Ryan Fund'. Ward responded that we've been offered him for £45k but signing him would break the wage structure - adding "Never say never though".

If Knox or Mullen goes for a decent fee I'd say it's a given we'll get him for £37.5k or so

On 15/07/2017 at 22:44, ATLIS said:

John Ward posted on Facebook about it with someone commenting it was going towards the 'Andy Ryan Fund'. Ward responded that we've been offered him for £45k but signing him would break the wage structure - adding "Never say never though".

Well, it is Livingston we're talking about here :P

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Looks like Livingston won a watch getting Alexander in, he could be a big player for you this season. Always rated him.

Makes up for losing Buchanan, we wont have to score as many goals to get something from a game with Alexander in goal.

Now if we could just get Andy Ryan I reckon we'd have a decent shout at competing for 4th place, 

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Makes up for losing Buchanan, we wont have to score as many goals to get something from a game with Alexander in goal.

Now if we could just get Andy Ryan I reckon we'd have a decent shout at competing for 4th place, 

Andy Ryan will take us to the 18/19 Premiership Title party

Just now, ATLIS said:

Just getting to the promotion play offs would be fantastic, we've got the team to compete against any Championship team but lack an out and out striker/goal scorer to push for the top 4, Ryan would certainly fit the bill though.

I like how Hoppy is keeping it low key though, saying winning the league for us would be finishing 8th, nobody is paying too much attention to us just now, and we're flying under the radar.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Just getting to the promotion play offs would be fantastic, we've got the team to compete against any Championship team but lack an out and out striker/goal scorer to push for the top 4, Ryan would certainly fit the bill though.

I like how Hoppy is keeping it low key though, saying winning the league for us would be finishing 8th, nobody is paying too much attention to us just now, and we're flying under the radar.

I've been saying that after signing Alexander, we have the team to challenge the playoffs completely. Hoppy is turning out to be some appointment after a rocky start

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Ryan is untested at this level and certainly was well below the fitness levels required.

Last season he seemed to completely fade out of the game after an hour.