Livingston - all the threads merged

2 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Scott Pittman is pivotal to our success, when he plays well we tick. 

You could argue that Halkett and Gallagher at the back if they perform we will have a chance in every game. 

So is it Gallagher and Halkett playing centrally with Lithgow or is Gallagher more of a wingback?

1 minute ago, minijc said:

So is it Gallagher and Halkett playing centrally with Lithgow or is Gallagher more of a wingback?

Gallagher, Halkett and Lithgow in a back 3. If we're playing a back 4 and Longridge isn't on then chances are it's Lithgow at LB and the other 2 in the middle. 

26 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Gallagher, Halkett and Lithgow in a back 3. If we're playing a back 4 and Longridge isn't on then chances are it's Lithgow at LB and the other 2 in the middle. 

Cheers, one last question, what's the manager like, anything he has that sets him apart from the rest and where do you think you'll end up this season

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Cheers, one last question, what's the manager like, anything he has that sets him apart from the rest and where do you think you'll end up this season

Jury was out initially, after all he's the guy who ended up getting us relegated, not many wanted him kept on but he was and he's proven a lot of people wrong. 

Hes done a very good job having built his own team of players, we are well organised and we look fit. 

He's learned on the job and fair play to him he now has more people on his side than against him, when you look back at some of the opinions on him that's taken some effort.

If you offered us 8th we'd be more than happy I think but we do have a squad capable of finishing in a comfortable mid table position. 

Edited by andylivi1

Hopefully Knox and Mullen wont be going anywhere yet, and the Cardiff trial was just a good experience for them. I think both of them would be big players for us this season, Knox looks good pre season and in Betfred against Partick th, he is confident going forward and players back away from him, and we all know Mullen is a constant pest to defenders and will score goals.

6 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Alexander is our number 1, we are likely to be set up in a 3,5,2 formation but with wing backs so can also be a 5,3,2. 

Most likely line up, still to be decided but so far it's looking very much along the lines of :- 

Alexander, Gallagher, Halkett, Lithgow, Longridge, De Vita, Byrne, Pittman, Jacobs, Carrick, Mullen. 

you could easily replace Longridge and De Vita with Cadden and Mullin. 

Danny Mullen looks like our main striker and could be partnered up with anyone of Carrick, Toderov and Mackin. 

I liked the Partick Th line up of:  Alexander, Lithgow, Halkett, Gallagher, Byrne, Pittman, Knox, Jacobs, De Vita , Mullen, Carrick

28 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

There seems to be little or no mention of Scott Robinson or Ross Brown signed from East Fife.Have they failed to impress as yet?

Robinson scored with his first touch in a Livi shirt in the cup

Brown hasn't been near the team though, Robinson looks to be bench fodder for now

2 hours ago, sammytroot said:

There seems to be little or no mention of Scott Robinson or Ross Brown signed from East Fife.Have they failed to impress as yet?

Robinson looked very good when he came on against Stranraer but had surgery in the summer and is just back from injury. 

Brown injured himself in the first pre season game and has been out ever since. 

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I liked the Partick Th line up of:  Alexander, Lithgow, Halkett, Gallagher, Byrne, Pittman, Knox, Jacobs, De Vita , Mullen, Carrick

There are so many variations on what we could play, I've yet to be convinced by Knox tbh, still don't think De Vita is suited to the wing especially having to track back but looked very good when he played centrally against Airdrie. 

I recon Longridge and Mullin/Cadden are better suited to the wing back role but only time will tell. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Do your concession prices include students?

• £18 Adults
  • £10 Concessions*
  • £5 U16s
  • £46 Family (2 adults + 2 children U16)

Local youth organisations can also benefit from our grassroots initiative.

* Full time students on production of a current matriculation card, U18s, registered disabled (if with a carer and under 65 full price paid but carer admitted free)

I don't get why the family of 2 adults and 2 kids for £46 is advertised when that's what it costs for 2 adults and 2 U16s anyway.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

The old buy one, get one emoji1.pngemoji1.png

Reminds me of a pub I saw a couple of months ago that had a sign reading "buy a pint for twice the normal price and get your second pint absolutely FREE." Surely they're not actually advertising this as a genuine, family-enticing offer. :lol: