Livingston - all the threads merged

And there's Hopkin out the door: http://livingstonfc.co.uk/hopkin-departs-the-club/

Sounds like no one, both himself and the club, wanted to be sitting about waiting. Fair enough and hope he does well at his next club (unless they're playing us). Martindale in charge for the meantime. Our last few managers have been the assistant taking over so wouldn't be surprised to see him given the gig, although the statement says we've been 'assessing' other candidates. Interested to see the names that come up over the next week or so, other than the usual bookie names.

Edited by LiviLion

23 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Another signing to be announced today apparently. Would be glorious if it was McGhee from Falkirk to tip the remaining ones over the edge.

Probably Lewis Vaughan from Raith based on rumours.

I'd be delighted for Lewy if that was the case. He might've only been with us for a wee spell, but he was everything I look for in a player: talented, hardworking, intelligent, capable of moments of magic, and loves celebrating in front of opposition fans. 

He has the natural ability to play in the Premiership, but I'm not sure how he'll take the jump. Especially with an outstanding man-manager like Hopkin away.

Well there we have it Hoppy is gone, thanks for the memories, a man who will go down as one of the best managers we’ve ever had, he’s reenergised the club from bottom to top and I for one am thankful for all his hard work and wish him the best of luck with his future career. He will always been seen as a Livi legend down Almondvale. 

So who’s next then ? It’s certibly a far more appealing job than it was 2 seasons ago but we have a price range and I feel people like Neilson are outwith that price range. 

Realistically Jim McIntyre would be someone worth looking at, as I stated before Jim Duffy I really wouldn’t have an issue with, Danny Lennon who has top flight experience and lives locally may also be a shout, and Davy Martindale himself may fancy the gig although that for me would be a dangerous move. 

Gonna be an interesting couple of weeks. 

Well there we have it Hoppy is gone, thanks for the memories, a man who will go down as one of the best managers we’ve ever had, he’s reenergised the club from bottom to top and I for one am thankful for all his hard work and wish him the best of luck with his future career. He will always been seen as a Livi legend down Almondvale. 
So who’s next then ? It’s certibly a far more appealing job than it was 2 seasons ago but we have a price range and I feel people like Neilson are outwith that price range. 
Realistically Jim McIntyre would be someone worth looking at, as I stated before Jim Duffy I really wouldn’t have an issue with, Danny Lennon who has top flight experience and lives locally may also be a shout, and Davy Martindale himself may fancy the gig although that for me would be a dangerous move. 
Gonna be an interesting couple of weeks. 
Not Martindale please.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Another signing to be announced today apparently. Would be glorious if it was McGhee from Falkirk to tip the remaining ones over the edge.

Probably Lewis Vaughan from Raith based on rumours.

37 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I'd be delighted for Lewy if that was the case. He might've only been with us for a wee spell, but he was everything I look for in a player: talented, hardworking, intelligent, capable of moments of magic, and loves celebrating in front of opposition fans. 

He has the natural ability to play in the Premiership, but I'm not sure how he'll take the jump. Especially with an outstanding man-manager like Hopkin away.

Somebody I have no reason to doubt suggested Vaughan to Ross County was a done deal, but I could see him going to Livingston.

Got to feel like a bit of a kick in the baws for Livingston fans to see their manager leave like this.

Not sure Hopkin can really be looked upon as a 'legend' as some have stated after dumping us at the first opportunity. Nonetheless, I wish him well going forward. Really turned it around after the shambles at Stranraer.

I think McIntyre would be a shrewd appointment.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Got to feel like a bit of a kick in the baws for Livingston fans to see their manager leave like this.

Tbh I think it would have been more of a kick in the baws if it dragged out over another few weeks for him to leave, suppose having it confirmed now means we can properly look for a replacement and not left scrambling for a manager a couple of weeks before the season starts.

6 minutes ago, orco said:

Jim McIntyre has not proved himself at a club with limited finance so he's far too much of a risk for me. Sacked twice at Dunfermline and Ross County. 

You're not going to appointing anyone with a blemish free CV champ. 

12 minutes ago, orco said:

Jim McIntyre has not proved himself at a club with limited finance so he's far too much of a risk for me. Sacked twice at Dunfermline and Ross County. 

He won the League Cup with County 

Think you’re being harsh 

Edited by Frank Grimes

I believe orco was one of the people championing Jim Duffy. Baffling that McIntyre is a less preferred option. Danny Lennon would be an awful choice too.

I trust the board will pick the right option. We are an attractive club right now and should have a number of good candidates.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

24 minutes ago, orco said:

limited finance 

11 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

He won the League Cup with County 

Think you’re being harsh 

He said limited finance.

25 minutes ago, Yankee_Dollar said:

Two Championship teams promoted to the Premiership and not a manager between them! Puzzling?

Coupled with both relegated sides sticking with their incumbents...

42 minutes ago, orco said:

That's right, we were absolutely rolling in cash when he did a great job here.

Jim McIntyre would be a terrific appointment for Livi. Whether he'd take it is another question of course.