Livingston - all the threads merged

Personally I feel comparing Kaja and Burns is a bit unfair, Burns has played what 20 minutes for us so far, Kaja was excellent at Celtic Park, our best player infact BUT, since then I feel he hides a little, not surprised he struggling to get into the side.

If we lose Halkett then we thank him for his outstanding services to the club and wish him all the best. Realistically if the team keep performing the way they all have been then who will be able to keep?? Lithgow proving Miller was daft not to have him playing. Gallagher delivering consistency like he has done for the last 18 months. Jacobs Byrne and Pittman I wouldn’t swap for any midfield three in the SPFL.  Also do we have the standout goalkeeper in the league currently aswell, I was very sceptical about Kelly before he came back but how has he proved everyone wrong! If Alexander was performing like this we would be screaming for him to get in the Scotland squad. We look a threat up front and solid in wide areas. This weekend will be the toughest of tests, the last team to beat us was Motherwell and but for Kelly’s heroics it could’ve been 4 or 5....I’m going for a 1-0 to the Lions but would happily settle for a point just now.

Lithgow and Jacobs weren't playing against Motherwell, Lamie didn't come on until the 2nd half after we were a goal down too, and Kenny the happy wanderer Miller was playing, now we've got Menga up front and Hardie back available. Our team is far more settled and playing with confidence, I don't think our last result against Motherwell will have any bearing on this weekend's game.

Still a tough away game but def one we can win.

Interesting article about Dolly Menga in the DR. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dolly-menga-profiled-former-boss-13357826

Sounds similar to Snoddy when he was younger, great talent but poor discipline and attitude. Hopefully he's sorted himself out now and will make his break at Livi, we're a good team for players to get a second chance at anyway. Can't see Dolly getting away with being lazy in training though, we're built on hard work and good team work, nobody is a slacker in the team as far as I can see, it just wouldn't work.

First impressions he looked a bit headless chicken running about and doing well getting on the ball but showing a lack of composure in front of goal and his decision making was also poor. But if his goal is an indication of him working on his finishing and composure then we're in for one hell of a season with him up front. He could be a superb signing if he keeps that kind of improvement going.

We've brought in a couple of players over the last couple years with a poor attitude and haven't really kept them around if it hasn't improved. Hippolyte being the first example that comes to mind. Even guys like Mullen who made it clear he wanted to move on and was shipped out before January rather than keeping an unhappy player around. Would imagine if his attitude was to become an issue that he'd be made available.

Can already see small improvements with each performance so hopefully he can keep it going, great to have him on a 2 year deal too so we have him tied down if he does turn into a superstar.

19 hours ago, LiviLion said:

We've brought in a couple of players over the last couple years with a poor attitude and haven't really kept them around if it hasn't improved. Hippolyte being the first example that comes to mind. Even guys like Mullen who made it clear he wanted to move on and was shipped out before January rather than keeping an unhappy player around. Would imagine if his attitude was to become an issue that he'd be made available.

Can already see small improvements with each performance so hopefully he can keep it going, great to have him on a 2 year deal too so we have him tied down if he does turn into a superstar.

If we hadn't shipped Mullen out last year we wouldn't have got Hardie in and probably wouldn't have got promoted ...

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

We piece on Liam Kelly. Kenny miller really seems to rate him and talks very well about him. He's been fantastic since rejoining.
Liam Kelly 'could lead next batch of Scotland goalkeepers' - Kenny Miller - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45741014

Yeah I had reservations about Kelly taking over from Alexander as our keeper this season but he's proved me wrong. He's much improved since his loan spell here, looks as assured as Alexander at dealing with pass backs and hasn't put a foot wrong in goals.

Seen a few articles where it has been said Sevco should be getting Kelly and Halkett back in the next season or two, I know they both supported Sevco but if I was them i'd look at my options down South first, they could always do what Dorrans did and go back later in their careers. Bit of a no ambition move staying in Scotland when they're good enough for bigger things in England.

I feel like we're getting a little ahead of ourselves with Kelly. He's had a decent start to the season, but I think these talks of Scotland caps are way too early.

Halkett however, would deserve it. Wonder what price I'd get on him and Byrne getting callups before the end of the season

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

I feel like we're getting a little ahead of ourselves with Kelly. He's had a decent start to the season, but I think these talks of Scotland caps are way too early.

Halkett however, would deserve it. Wonder what price I'd get on him and Byrne getting callups before the end of the season

Im sure I asked a price for Halkett to get capped within 5 years with mcbookie last season and got quoted 3/1 

I think there's a chance Halkett could get capped at Livingston given the lack of good centre backs. If he keeps performing, there's no question in my mind that he will be called in for a friendly when players pull out.

Byrne/Pittman would have to move to be considered, there are so many options at centre mid.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

You're absolutely deluded if you're expecting your players called up, we've had the best defence in the country for a few years, a midfield duo dominant for half a decade in the top flight, and a striker bag over 20 goals in a season, and they totalled 1 minute of football for Scotland. 

Teams below the top five get ignored.

You're absolutely deluded if you're expecting your players called up, we've had the best defence in the country for a few years, a midfield duo dominant for half a decade in the top flight, and a striker bag over 20 goals in a season, and they totalled 1 minute of football for Scotland. 
i was just away to post something very similar but using jack Henry as an example. called up and capped after a couple of appearances for celtic but not a look in before that.

Just now, ah-dee said:
8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

i was just away to post something very similar but using jack Henry as an example. called up and capped after a couple of appearances for celtic but not a look in before that.

Greg Stewart should've been called up at Dundee too.

This "McLeish will pick anyone" schtick that's appeared is complete shite.

Greg Stewart should've been called up at Dundee too.
This "McLeish will pick anyone" schtick that's appeared is complete shite.
yes he should have and your bang on about McLeish. that season greg stepped up from part time to the top league and he was completely unplayable.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Halkett easily the best defender in Scotland this season so far, best in the C'ship last season

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Looks like Gerrard is interested in him, if he goes back to Sevco he'll be straight in the Scotland team.

They can get the money out then :D Ward already said nothing less than 3m :D:D:D