Livingston - all the threads merged

Hope they've got a good manager that tells him to stop the showboating stepovers and start playing as part of the team, he's been a bit selfish when I saw him in reserve game, and when I saw him in the first team trying the stepovers the opposition defenders just let him get on with it then stuck a foot in or knocked him off the ball.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hope they've got a good manager that tells him to stop the showboating stepovers and start playing as part of the team, he's been a bit selfish when I saw him in reserve game, and when I saw him in the first team trying the stepovers the opposition defenders just let him get on with it then stuck a foot in or knocked him off the ball.

The step-over sh1te really used to bug me; looked clever when it worked but, on the rare occasion the defender didn't stand his ground and knock the ball out, it succeeded in winding up the opposition who simply took the next opportunity to knock him on his ar5e.

I remember Mullin used to get really upset with him on occasions. 

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Thought Crane did really well in our game against Berwick in the Betfred Cup despite playing alongside a very shaky Saunders (and this was before he'd come up against Celtic). Nippy and good on the attacking break but quick enough to get back and defend when necessary.

Lamie was mostly a central defender with Morton; actually the Morton fans said he was awful at left back but the quality of their other defenders probably meant that it was difficult to actually tell. When he's playing Lithgow also seems a let more settled.

The fact that Halkett supported the rangers as a kid isn't an issue; the main one seems to be the rest of his family are regulars at ibrox and no-doubt will be bringing pressure to bare (or should that be bear?)

This couldn’t be further from the truth, yes they are avid Rangers fans but having spoken to his mum regularly there is no pressure at all from the family to sign for them, he’s an ambitious lad but also has a sensible head on his shoulders and hasn’t ruled out staying with the club for another season to gain more top flight experience BUT if he does go, he wants to go somewhere he will play regularly. 

I actually think he’d consider a move to an Aberdeen or a Hibs far more appealing. 

I’m not saying if Rangers came in for him he wouldn’t go to them, but what I am saying is that would be his decision not his families, they are good people, and just want what’s best for Craig. 

58 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46745869

Redemption.
So glad that Hamilton's sending off didn't result in a Livi loss at this game now.

The thing that get me is:

Speaking after the Dundee game, manager Gary Holt said: "I spoke to [referee] Bobby Madden and he said it was violent conduct for a push in the face.

As far I am aware referees are not meant to dish out a card unless they're 100% sure an offence has been committed. Neither he or the linesman (who was miles ahead watching the ball) could have seen a push in the face and the only person who seems to be calling for it was the Dundee Manager Jim McIntyre who was jumping around like someone had been shot.

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

This couldn’t be further from the truth, yes they are avid Rangers fans but having spoken to his mum regularly there is no pressure at all from the family to sign for them, he’s an ambitious lad but also has a sensible head on his shoulders and hasn’t ruled out staying with the club for another season to gain more top flight experience BUT if he does go, he wants to go somewhere he will play regularly. 

I actually think he’d consider a move to an Aberdeen or a Hibs far more appealing. 

I’m not saying if Rangers came in for him he wouldn’t go to them, but what I am saying is that would be his decision not his families, they are good people, and just want what’s best for Craig. 

Only going by what he said in one of the interviews post match. I believe he mentioned he'd been getting some comments from his family (possibly uncles or cousins?)

He also commented "“Being a Rangers fan myself, you want to get results against them. I got an earful after the game from my mum and dad — although they were in the Livi end and they will support me first before the team we grew up with."

10 minutes ago, Durnford said:

The thing that get me is:

Speaking after the Dundee game, manager Gary Holt said: "I spoke to [referee] Bobby Madden and he said it was violent conduct for a push in the face.

As far I am aware referees are not meant to dish out a card unless they're 100% sure an offence has been committed. Neither he or the linesman (who was miles ahead watching the ball) could have seen a push in the face and the only person who seems to be calling for it was the Dundee Manager Jim McIntyre who was jumping around like someone had been shot.

Yep the ref has been conned by the antics of O'Dea rolling around holding his face and McIntyre jumping up and down whistling at him asking for a red card. Cunty baws McIntyre should get a ban too for his antics on the touchline.

I was surprised to see McIntyre jumping around looking for a red card but on closer inspection it seems he’s actually having a go at Curran and certainly seems to shout his name. I could well be wrong and if so, it’s poor to see.

I was surprised to see McIntyre jumping around looking for a red card but on closer inspection it seems he’s actually having a go at Curran and certainly seems to shout his name. I could well be wrong and if so, it’s poor to see.
Looked to me like he shouts "that's red that is" or something along those lines

8 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, Muggy said:

Looked to me like he shouts "that's red that is" or something along those lines

To be honest it does look like he's pointing at Hamilton but its so fleeting its difficult to be sure.

However surely the referee saw the incident so why  is the CO taking action - oh wait - its because he plays for the wrong side.

Opinions on Shaun Byrne? Been linked with us.
Reading on the app so it doesn't say....who's "us"?

Byrne has been pretty important to our success..part of a solid midfield trio so I'd expect a pretty hefty wedge if he was going anywhere

I mean... my team is in my name and at the "My Team" bit, I thought that would be a little clear. But since you missed it, Dundee.
The app doesn't show the "my team" bit. I'd assumed Dundee but we're on a Scottish football forum and you know as well as I don't hear the ugly sisters have fans everywhere....anyway....no chance Byrne is going to Dundee

40 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Opinions on Shaun Byrne? Been linked with us.

Can’t be the most reliable source, he gave an interview 2 days ago saying he has no hurry to leave us, would take a lot of money that I doubt Dundee have right now and even then I think Shaun would refuse the move himself

Edited by Menga Bus