Livingston - all the threads merged

Still mad to think that 7 years ago we were about to go into another administration with debts of 1.8m and scrapping to stay in the Championship. Here we are now, about to wipe the debt during our 3rd season in the Premier League.

Genuinely mad to think about where our club would be without David Hopkin, David Martindale and John Ward. Holt has a huge hand in it too

Apparently we’ve sold just a couple of hundred season tickets. I know we do not have, and never will have, a fan base anywhere near the likes of Hearts, Hibs, United, Motherwell, etc., but to only have an uptake of 20-30% of last season’s total is horrendous considering the circumstances. 

Even with financial pressures from what’s been going on, that’s a tragically low figure and bar Hamilton who haven’t sold any out of choice, must be the lowest in the top flight. I’d be willing to bet the next highest sales figure is a factor of 10 of what our total stands at. 

10 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Surely we haven't only sold 200? 

Sadly, I don't think it's all that surprising. The impact of COVID in relation to games being behind closed doors will have put a lot of people off. We have a hard core ST support of approximately 800, and as Crispy says, one ST will now do a household.  Maybe a lot of ST holders do it to get out the house as opposed to watch the actual game? I dunno. Add to all of that the crippling apathy towards the club by the locals, and this is the result. The staff at the club burst their arse on a daily basis to keep the place going, and for very little reward. 

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

DR reporting we're about to offer Anthony Stokes a 1 year deal.

Livi are rebuilding the Lennon-era Hibs team, one free agent at a time. Back-to-back wins at Ibrox are on the menu, lads!

Might take them a wee while before they get to pick up that John McGinn, right enough.

13 hours ago, Afro said:

Apparently we’ve sold just a couple of hundred season tickets. I know we do not have, and never will have, a fan base anywhere near the likes of Hearts, Hibs, United, Motherwell, etc., but to only have an uptake of 20-30% of last season’s total is horrendous considering the circumstances. 

Even with financial pressures from what’s been going on, that’s a tragically low figure and bar Hamilton who haven’t sold any out of choice, must be the lowest in the top flight. I’d be willing to bet the next highest sales figure is a factor of 10 of what our total stands at. 

Ooft, I hope that's not true. The voluntary donations fund seems to be doing reasonably well, but income would be horribly low if those numbers were true.

Hopefully the PPV numbers are doing ok to make up for it, but I wouldn't bet on that either. The uncertainty doesn't help either - I don't live in the area any more although I'd have bought a season ticket if it were confirmed that the virtual tickets were available all season. Alas not, so I'm paying the PPV every week.

Hopefully numbers start to look a lot better from September 14th when stadiums are allowed to have small numbers in.

Goalkeepers

1. Robby McCrorie - 2021 (loan)

32. Max Stryjek - 2023

40. Gary Maley - 2021

Defenders

2. Nicky Devlin - 2021 (1 year extension option)

3. Ciaron Brown - January 2021 (loan)

4. Alan Lithgow - 2021

5. Jack Fitzwater - 2023

12. Julien Serrano - 2021 (loan)

21. Jack McMillan - 2022

25. Efe Ambrose - 2021

27. Jon Guthrie - 2021 (1 year extension option)

29. Aaron Taylor-Sinclair - 2021

Midfielders

6. Marvin Bartley - 2022

7. Keaghan Jacobs - 2022

8. Scott Pittman - 2021

10. Craig Sibbald - 2022

16. Robbie Crawford - 2021

18. Jason Holt - 2022

33. Steve Lawson - 2021

39. Carlo Pignatiello - 2021(?)

Forwards

11. Alan Forrest - 2022

13. Lars Lokotsch - 2022 (1 year extension option)

15. Matej Poplatnik - 2022 (1 year extension option)

17. Scott Robinson - 2021

19. Salim Kouider-Aissa - 2022 (1 year extension option)

20. Aymen Souda - 2021 (1 year extension option)

22. Scott Tiffoney - 2021(?)

23. Raffaele De Vita - 2021

In

Ciaron Brown - Cardiff (Loan)

Jack Fitzwater - West Bromich Albion

Alan Forrest - Ayr United

Jason Holt - Rangers

Salim Kouider-Aissa - Queen's Park

Lars Lokotsch - SV Rodinghausen

Robby McCrorie - Rangers (Loan)

Matej Poplatnik - Kerala Blasters

Julien Serrano - AS Monaco (Loan)

Max Stryjek - Eastleigh

Out

Lyndon Dykes - QPR

Chris Erskine - East Kilbride

Jack Hamilton - East Fife (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2022

Craig Henderson - East Stirlingshire

Ricki Lamie - Motherwell

Steven Lawless - Burton Albion

Dolly Menga

Hakeem Odoffin - Hamilton Academical

Cece Pepe

Ryan Schofield - Huddersfield (Loan Return)

Brian Schwake - Linlithgow Rose (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2021 (?)

Ross Stewart - Hearts (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2021

Anthony Stokes

Finally confirmed that Menga & Pepe are away. Leaves us with a squad of 31.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

9 minutes ago, crispy said:

Getting Guthrie tied up beyond next summer must be a priority.

His deal has an option for an extra year which I imagine we'll take up. 

I'm going to say it too, thank f**k Dolly and Pepe are away

12 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Ooft, I hope that's not true. The voluntary donations fund seems to be doing reasonably well, but income would be horribly low if those numbers were true.

Hopefully the PPV numbers are doing ok to make up for it, but I wouldn't bet on that either. The uncertainty doesn't help either - I don't live in the area any more although I'd have bought a season ticket if it were confirmed that the virtual tickets were available all season. Alas not, so I'm paying the PPV every week.

Hopefully numbers start to look a lot better from September 14th when stadiums are allowed to have small numbers in.

There's only been one PPV game so far this season; Hibs. The Sevco game was on Sky so we obviously weren't allowed to sell any access on PPV and apparently the only people able to watch it, other than Sky customers, were Season ticket holders.

It bug me that most of our home games against the old firm are televised on Sky, but pretty much all of the away games aren't, meaning that we have to give money to the the clubs (that don't really need it) if we want to watch the game live but get pretty much zero in return.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

His deal has an option for an extra year which I imagine we'll take up. 

I'm going to say it too, thank f**k Dolly and Pepe are away

When Menga was on his game he was a nightmare to play against. Having said that, with the current squad, its unlikely that he'd even get a regular place on the bench at the moment.