Livingston - all the threads merged

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I was ignoring you and your fellow hate Ward and Martindale amigo, as both of you have no room for debate there, and just hand out abuse when others don't agree with you both, and jump aboard the hound them out bus. I've got you off ignore, but i doubt i'll quote or respond to anything you post on that particular subject, there would be no point, you've made your mind up on that particular subject, so no cutting slack required from me there.

Happy to respond to anything else you post though, and i'll keep it civil.

I don't hate anyone.

I have made a judgement as an adult based on what i have seen and heard over a prolonged period of time and have come to the conclusion that Ward and Martindale are not the right people to take the club forward. 

I have further seen a sway of additional supporters who are of the same view. Some who have said enough is enough while they are at the club. So its not a narrow view with a particular agenda.

If you have other evidence that you want to put into the mix i am very happy to consider that but let's not hang onto Martindales performance of 4 plus years ago. Let's look at the last few years.

Furthermore and not to burst your bubble i have no other amigo on here i am adult enough to come to my own conclusions based on my own mind.

i am not asking you to comment on my posts or agree with me but i am asking you to accept I am allowed a different opinion to you without dissing it or accusing me of having an agenda.

Thank You

Edited by Livi

11 hours ago, Livi said:

Just playing your game 🤣

we're both raving weirdos then 🤔🤗🥴

Except I don't down vote your comments, Robert, you raving weirdo. You realise folk can click the thing and see who does it?

4 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

I explained I was told you were Don, I know you are not but it wound you up and given your entire presence on here is dedicated to winding folk up, I felt it was fair game. Ask your pal Roger the Nonce why he messaged a few of us accusing us of being John Ward. The well was first poisoned by the pair of you and other folk's hostility has been as a response.

You still rattled?

Despite what you post i have no idea who Roger is although you have convinced yourself that i do.  

For your record I have had a few civil chats with fellow Livi fans on this thread via DM.

See my post above to Liviforever re my position on the club. I've never hid that fact. You just don't agree with it. 

with all due respect to you. You'll no tell me what i should and shouldn't post.

Remember the deal i offered you above 😀👍

@ATLIS sorry I don't have Sole, way WyScout structures the North/South divisions means he gets missed out as it groups them and only lets me download the top 500 by minutes and he misses out.

This is Clarke FWIW. Sure I've noticed before that Martindale seems to love CBs who score high on the "goal threat" section. Interesting hes played LB/LWB a fair bit too?

clarke.thumb.png.2ca0ca4779e09a71c063d5a73b2c029b.png

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

@ATLIS sorry I don't have Sole, way WyScout structures the North/South divisions means he gets missed out as it groups them and only lets me download the top 500 by minutes and he misses out.

This is Clarke FWIW. Sure I've noticed before that Martindale seems to love CBs who score high on the "goal threat" section. Interesting hes played LB/LWB a fair bit too?

Yeah seems like he's aiming for another Jon Guthrie here I think, although the ground disruptor numbers are probably way off Guthrie's. Really weird, looks like a CB that isn't dominant in the air or for sweeping up balls in interceptions. You think there's anything in here to say he's worthy of a top end Championship side?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Livi said:

I don't hate anyone.

I have made a judgement as an adult based on what i have seen and heard over a prolonged period of time and have come to the conclusion that Ward and Martindale are not the right people to take the club forward. 

I have further seen a sway of additional supporters who are of the same view. Some who have said enough is enough while they are at the club. So its not a narrow view with a particular agenda.

If you have other evidence that you want to put into the mix i am very happy to consider that but let's not hang onto Martindales performance of 4 plus years ago. Let's look at the last few years.

Furthermore and not to burst your bubble i have no other amigo on here i am adult enough to come to my own conclusions based on my own mind.

i am not asking you to comment on my posts or agree with me but i am asking you to accept I am allowed a different opinion to you without dissing it or accusing me of having an agenda.

Thank You

Interesting BIB, you only appeared on here to join in with the other fella in dissing Ward and Martindale, up voting and down voting everything together too, so forgive me for thinking you were both joined at the hip and had a certain agenda. 

I'm not particularly happy with Martindale's performance this season either, but he isn't going anywhere and there isn't anywhere like a strong enough feeling through our support to pressure his removal for that to change. 

The last part we've maybe both been guilty of doing that, so fair enough. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

47 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah seems like he's aiming for another Jon Guthrie here I think, although the ground disruptor numbers are probably way off Guthrie's. Really weird, looks like a CB that isn't dominant in the air or for sweeping up balls in interceptions. You think there's anything in here to say he's worthy of a top end Championship side?

Yeah for a CB that would be a worry, might be ok if he's playing as a LB/LWB though, looks particularly good with the ball at his feet, and making passes.

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

It kind of looks like he's been playing as a more attacking full back than a CB, or as the attacking CB in a 3?

Linfield being dominant in games a lot probably means he doesn't have to do a huge amount of defensive work too.

It's always hard to tell with players from NI/ROI, as much like Australia there seems to be a big drop off in quality within the division so the best teams players always look good in possession/attack.

https://news.stv.tv/sport/michael-devlin-ill-do-what-i-can-to-help-livingston-back-into-premiership

“I’ve got a contract for next year so, as it stands, yes,” Devlin said, when asked if he expects to be with Livi next term.

Get fucked. 

That's Nottingham and Devlin both convinced they're here next season. Excellent news for everyone else in the championship. 

19 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

https://news.stv.tv/sport/michael-devlin-ill-do-what-i-can-to-help-livingston-back-into-premiership

Get fucked. 

That's Nottingham and Devlin both convinced they're here next season. Excellent news for everyone else in the championship. 

This is indeed the news I was expecting with regards to Devlin as it was announced at the time he signed that there were clauses for an extra 2 years (I think) which I believe were based on appearances and he has played a fair bit this season. 

Nottingham is a weird one because there was absolutely no mention of clauses/extensions when he signed. I hope to god they just forgot at the time and he hasn't just been offered a new contract.

Can only hope they both get offers elsewhere and bugger off but that's very unlikely as they are both absolutely guff. 

This again highlights poor judgement from Martindale when it comes to older injury prone players. I get that these deals were set up to try and benefit the club but there's got to be better get out clause's on the clubs end. He didn't learn from the Parkes situation. 

I can see my alcohol  intake on a Saturday evening is not going to reduce next season with this news. To quote the wonderful Roger Turner " I'm not drinking anymore, I'm just not drinking less"

1 hour ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

This is indeed the news I was expecting with regards to Devlin as it was announced at the time he signed that there were clauses for an extra 2 years (I think) which I believe were based on appearances and he has played a fair bit this season. 

I was under the impression it was the club's option rather than automatic, might be wrong though.

There's a faint hope that a reset and a good pre-season could see him being solid enough for the Championship; he started this season well but since his injury he's been an absolute nightmare. Maybe it could be argued (but certainly not by me) that coming into the team on poor form didn't help and the break could do him some good.

On 08/05/2024 at 21:46, RandomGuy. said:

Describes himself in interview today as “out and out left back” and “no nonsense full back”

20 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Looks like Muirhead announced at 7. I’m happy with that, great signing 

Agreed.Knows the division,and will be a welcome addition to our fledgling forward line.Fingers crossed.🦁👍.