Livingston - all the threads merged

Massone is on his way from Italy with the cash. Unfortunately, it's currently sliding towards the back end of a bus hanging off a cliff on a mountain road somewhere in the Alps.

Don't worry though, he's full of good ideas this Massone chap.

Keep up, he's already here and the players have been paid. <_<

If that is the case then the players have been paid exactly when they were told last month, after the last wage debacle, that they would be, no? However, if their contracts say "the last Thursday" or whatever, then the wages are always going to be 'late.'

If, if . . .

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news_300109_2.php

"Paid on time" being the last day of the month that the banks are open? Is it lack of clarity over whether it's the last Thursday or last 'day?' Do serous problems remain?

I would say so. Thats a pretty inflammatory statement to make. Certainly wont do anything to bring together the players and BOD.

Perhaps an idea might be to tell the dumb ass players exactly when they will be paid to save the idiots running to the paper a couple of days early.

Whatever happened to good old BACS transfers.

this thread will make it to 100 pages as this wont go away till the owners or Livi go.

Wont make it to 150 tho.

Would it be cynical of me to assume that the players wouldn't have been paid yet if there wasn't money coming in for McPake? :unsure:

Pah! There are clearly no monetary problems. We've just been extremely unlucky with our banking transactions.

Utter pish.

On point one, Meadowbank didn't go into admin. The same group of directors led by Bill Hunter moved the club to Livingston. The club was always playing at home when Hibs or Hearts were at home so the 400 crowd was never going to increase to any great degree. That and being unable to fulfil fixtures due to cat shows, etc in the concourse.

The name was changed to try and attract new supporters from Livingston. Myself and another 4,000 or so started going and I would have been happy if they had retained the name Meadowbank Thistle. The fact that a Scottish Football Team started playing locally was enough to entice me along with my family. Livingston FC played the first three month's home games at Meadowbank until Almondvale was completed.

On point two, the club didn't go into admin to avoid paying it's debts. We were forced into admin by the Bank of Scotland with less of a debt than a lot of clubs at the time. Dunfermline should have gone the same way but Masterton still had friends at the bank. The fact is Dominic Keane lost his other businesses at the same time and the lottery winner lost his cash because he had signed personal guarantees. Going into admin isn't as easy as you would assume because if no CVA is agrred by the creditors the club could have been wound up and there is also a points penalty now.

Now what was "utter pish" in my posting? you have just re-gurgitated the old Livi conspiracy theory of it was 'the banks" and "it wisnae ma club". Your club didn't go into admin to avoid it's debts? Are you having a laugh? Think about it for a moment. Give me the alternate reason for going into administration......and how it benefitted the banks for you to do so more than allowing you to pay your debts. As for dunfermline not going into administration simply because they were pals with the bank, what complete and utter tosh. What drivel. I really thought Livi supporters had seen beyond the spin by now. It seems there's still a few who hang onto the belief that nothing is ever less than 100% honest at Almondvale. Dear oh dear. You might not be aware of this, but the historical trending of Livingston's debts under Keane from the most believable books available (was there more than one set of books?), showed debt accrual at a rate four times that of anyone with a comparable turnover. Do you think the banks were wrong to doubt DK? There's plenty of your counterparts now waking up (and have long since woken up) to the reality of what has been going on for a decade. I suggest you join them. Oh, and your comment re McGuinness...........that what I said in my posting........DK fleeced the poor man out of his lottery win. I also said there was a points penalty now, because Livi 9and a few others) were seen to to walk away effectively scot free the last time they went into administration. Yes, CVAs have to be in place, but how often does that fail to happen?When it has come to 'talking pish", some of the guff that has come from a few of the Livi support over the years tends to stand head and shoulders above anything uttered by anyone else. Best you remember that. However, you have demonstrated an incredible skill for selective memory when it comes to the morality of all things Livingston. So set me straight, when Meadowbank moved to Livingston, what happened to the debt? I could tell you, but I'd far rather that you told me.

Edited by Guest

Pah! There are clearly no monetary problems. We've just been extremely unlucky with our banking transactions.

The total lack of any smiley/wink leads me to think you actualy believe that. I hope I am mistaken and you are just being sarcastic :o ( you must be pulling our legs as nobody can be that naive can they???)

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Guest strathbrock
So set me straight, when Meadowbank moved to Livingston, what happened to the debt?

I am just shocked to find that a well run club like Meadowbank so beloved and so stoutly defended by all and sundry had any debt at all let alone enough to go into administration. :rolleyes: