Livingston - all the threads merged

Just been on the STV news that Livi players may strike. Not looking good.

Livi must now be in breach of players contracts, I wonder if the players can now just walk away or if they would need to go to court to have the contracts annuled?

Quick Del McInnes .....sign Griffith and McKay( for free of course) ;)

I think the financial uncertainty surrounding Livingston and Stranraer should really stoke the SFL into some action.

It's time a harder stance was taken against clubs who can't meet the most basic requirement (ie: pay staff).

Despite all of the carry-on regarding delayed payment of wages, Livi have still been allowed to sign players. This is not on. Clubs who can't pay wages on time should be subject to an immediate transfer embargo until they can prove they can pay the bills.

Moving off topic slightly, I think it is time each club is subject to a salary cap relating to their turnover. Something similar is in place in the Blue Square Premier and is designed to make sure clubs don't leave themselves open to all sorts.

I can't be the only one tired of hearing about clubs in serious financial difficulty. Can we not just go back to paying out what we can afford? At least our clubs' futures would be secured.

Guest strathbrock
I think the financial uncertainty surrounding Livingston and Stranraer should really stoke the SFL into some action.

It's time a harder stance was taken against clubs who can't meet the most basic requirement (ie: pay staff).

Despite all of the carry-on regarding delayed payment of wages, Livi have still been allowed to sign players. This is not on. Clubs who can't pay wages on time should be subject to an immediate transfer embargo until they can prove they can pay the bills.

Moving off topic slightly, I think it is time each club is subject to a salary cap relating to their turnover. Something similar is in place in the Blue Square Premier and is designed to make sure clubs don't leave themselves open to all sorts.

I can't be the only one tired of hearing about clubs in serious financial difficulty. Can we not just go back to paying out what we can afford? At least our clubs' futures would be secured.

A sensible and constructive post. :thumsup2

As a Livi fan believe me I would rather have my club living within its means even if it meant going back to the 3rd division. This constant bad press and the uncertainty created re non payment of wages and bills is doing my head in.

A sensible and constructive post. :thumsup2

As a Livi fan believe me I would rather have my club living within its means even if it meant going back to the 3rd division. This constant bad press and the uncertainty created re non payment of wages and bills is doing my head in.

Exactly!

As it stands there are some fans - mainly on livilions - who would believe Massone if he said the moon was made of cheese and that the push to the SPL is still a reality.

It beggars belief!

It directly effects us all you dipshit. If Livi go bust, it fucks the whole league up..

If Lavvy went bust tomorrow and all points won against them were struck off (for arguments sake), the table would look like this (AFAIK)...

St Johnstone 31

Partick Thistle 29

Ross County 28

Dundee 28

Morton 27

Dunfermline 26

Clyde 23

Queen of the South 21

Airdrie United 18

Interesting...

That is a very good point! If they have been late 5 months in a row with wages then the SFL should not have released money early without certain caveats. Doubt it though!

Doesn't your entire history as Livingston give you a indicator as to what is likely to be the truth in all matters Almondvale? I think it's fairly clear to most that it is a club that has never ever played "with a straight bat". From admin at its inception from Meadowbank, to the "new model for Scottish football" years of chequebook success under Dominic Keane and his Celtic feeder club ambition..........all based on lies of course..........to once again taking up residence in the land of debt avoidance that is known as 'administration" once more after fleecing a not so smart lottery winner out of his cash.....to the "resurgence" under Pearse Flynn.........to the appontment of more managers than any other club over a comparable timeframe........to more stories of unpaid debt. Since Livingston came into being, has there been a single day when this club could be looked up to? This isn't a reflection on those locals who choose to follow the club. It is however a reflection on the route that the club has chosen to take year in and year out...........from admin to Kachoul.........live by the word of the law, not by the spirit in which it is intended. That interpretation might be thundering towards Livingston FC yet again. Should the club go into admin to avoid debts yet again, then surely that has to call into question their sporting right to be part of Scottish Football. Administration for a third time in around a dozen or so years has got to be completely unacceptable. It offers up a huge sporting advantage each time the slate is wiped clean.....yet down Almondvale way, that never seems to be enough.

While I agree with what you are saying... Stranraer have paid all their wages.

Guest strathbrock
Doesn't your entire history as Livingston give you a indicator as to what is likely to be the truth in all matters Almondvale? I think it's fairly clear to most that it is a club that has never ever played "with a straight bat". From admin at its inception from Meadowbank, to the "new model for Scottish football" years of chequebook success under Dominic Keane and his Celtic feeder club ambition..........all based on lies of course..........to once again taking up residence in the land of debt avoidance that is known as 'administration" once more after fleecing a not so smart lottery winner out of his cash.....to the "resurgence" under Pearse Flynn.........to the appontment of more managers than any other club over a comparable timeframe........to more stories of unpaid debt. Since Livingston came into being, has there been a single day when this club could be looked up to? This isn't a reflection on those locals who choose to follow the club. It is however a reflection on the route that the club has chosen to take year in and year out...........from admin to Kachoul.........live by the word of the law, not by the spirit in which it is intended. That interpretation might be thundering towards Livingston FC yet again. Should the club go into admin to avoid debts yet again, then surely that has to call into question their sporting right to be part of Scottish Football. Administration for a third time in around a dozen or so years has got to be completely unacceptable. It offers up a huge sporting advantage each time the slate is wiped clean.....yet down Almondvale way, that never seems to be enough.

Not arguing with the bulk of your post because the running of the club over the years has been unacceptable but to set the record straight Livingston has been in administration once before - not twice.

We should offload the players from the wage bill, go part time, get relegated, strive to live within our means and maybe only then could we be confident that we'd still have a team to support 10/20/50 years from now.

Edited by Wall E

No un-named sources now....Todays Daily Retard...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/sfl/...86908-21082051/

You can say McPake has motivation to cause trouble as he wants his move to Coventry to go ahead now, but Dave McKay??????

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Shambles, shambles, shambles.

Massone & Co need to just leave if that means putting the club into Admin then so be it. As a Livi fan I am sick and tired of the lies we're being told from Massone & Co. If we can't afford the players we have then sell them and get players we can afford.

Shambles, shambles, shambles.

Massone & Co need to just leave if that means putting the club into Admin then so be it. As a Livi fan I am sick and tired of the lies we're being told from Massone & Co. If we can't afford the players we have then sell them and get players we can afford.

There speaks the voice of sense,honesty and realism..Something badly lacking at boardroom level at Livingston F.C.

That's exactly what they have to do, but time is running out and the window closes on Monday. Is Massone going to kill your club because of stubborn pride.....Livi are teetering on the brink of extinction and drastic action MUST taken NOW. I feel real sorrow for the true Livi fans, (and the fakes) as if this was happening at St.Johnstone , it would be breaking my heart...Somebody needs to take the bull by the horns.Come on you Livi fans get off your arses and do something....

Guest strathbrock
Come on you Livi fans get off your arses and do something....

I'm interested in constructive suggestions. I doubt the fans could come up with the wage bill before Monday but if there is any kind of protest organised I would be up for that. The problem at the moment though is that the fans are still split over the whether or not Massone is kosher. It might take a bit more of the proverbial to hit the fan (no pun intended) before the penny drops.

If the penny hasn't dropped by now it surely never will. How much more proverbial needs to hit these fans? It's blindingly obvious that something is rotten in the state of Livingston, and some people haven't noticed it after all this malarky then more isn't going to change their minds.

I would hate to see another club go to the wall without a fight. A protest is a good start and brings it to the attention of the media. I know it is short notice but could you not try and get a mob organised to head to the stadium tonight with the usual banners etc... Tip off Tv and press so at least it starts the discussion on the radio etc over the weekend. Obviously same would be required before game on Saturday too!

No un-named sources now....Todays Daily Retard...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/sfl/...86908-21082051/

You can say McPake has motivation to cause trouble as he wants his move to Coventry to go ahead now, but Dave McKay??????

Gotta love this quote

"The club have said the chairman will be back from Italy today and he is bringing our wages with him.

What, in a suitcase? Surely even Italy has heard of electronic bank transfers :lol: