Livingston - all the threads merged

With all due respect... Livingston FC were only created out of "fans losing their club" already when the old chairman killed a prefectly good side who could look after their money.

Sympathy? You won't find me sheding a tear for Livi. When they go bust and disappear, bring back Gretna 2008 into the league :D

I trust you hate Ayr and Caley, who both killed TWO clubs?

With all due respect... Livingston FC were only created out of "fans losing their club" already when the old chairman killed a prefectly good side who could look after their money.

Sympathy? You won't find me sheding a tear for Livi. When they go bust and disappear, bring back Gretna 2008 into the league :D

What he said. ;)

Somebody pass me my violin, please.....

True though....

When did Ayr kill a club? :unsure:

At least the fans of the Inverness clubs were consulted about the merger. And at least ICT still play in Inverness. <_<

Were the fans of Dumfries (who I think rejected the invitation) and 5th King's Own Scottish Borderers & Arrol Johnston consulted before the merger which created Queen of the South in 1919? Was everyone in that town hall that mattered?

Was there complete consensus bewtween all parties that a move from Maxwelltown was in the 5th KOSB best interests?

Was the merger of Dundee East End and Dundee Our Boys taken to a vote of supporters club members in 1893?

What about Hamilton Academicals resigning in 1897/1898 to take over Renton's fixtures? Who was involved in that process?

Did the Alpha FC board consult with season ticket holders before meeting in a pub and deciding to disband the club and merge with fierce rivals Glencairn? Did Glencairn's fans have a say in the matter? Are Motherwell subsequently a diddy club that killed other ones?

Did anyone - supporters, players, managers, locals - involved in any of these cases, and the many others, ever, at any point, feel angry by a move or merger or name change they didn't agree with? Probably.

Or, oh, I'm sorry - I forgot - Queen of the South, along with all the other 'real' clubs in Scottish Football, dropped out of heaven in a perfectly pure and untainted form.

Livingston might be 100 odd years behind the rest of Scottish Football, but at it's creation it was just as crazy.

Get over it.

Edited by Livi 293

Guest strathbrock
At least the fans of the Inverness clubs were consulted about the merger.

Yes and there are quite a few who are still not happy with the outcome. Consultation is fine when it goes the way you want it.

Tell me, are you ever able to separate your disdain for what happened to Meadowbank with any kind of understanding of the feelings of Livi fans who have followed the club home and away for the last 12 years? Most of them had nothing whatsoever to do with the move. They just came along and started to follow a local team. The hard core who still turn up since administration after 5 years of club mismanagement, litigation, signing bans, and dodgy owners not to mention the constant sniping of folk like yourself are just as loyal to their club as any Meadowbank fans were pre 1995.

Was the merger of Dundee East End and Dundee Our Boys taken to a vote of supporters club members in 1893?

Indeed it was: all sets of fans were emailed, and no objections were received. Some claim that there may have been difficulties of a technical nature pertaining to the non-invention of some of the apparatus involved. But you'll always get bitter nay-sayers.

Guest el bawbag
Were the fans of Dumfries (who I think rejected the invitation) and 5th King's Own Scottish Borderers & Arrol Johnston consulted before the merger which created Queen of the South in 1919? Was everyone in that town hall that mattered?

Was there complete consensus bewtween all parties that a move from Maxwelltown was in the 5th KOSB best interests?

What about Hamilton Academicals resigning in 1897/1898 to take over Renton's fixtures? Who was involved in that process?

Did the Alpha FC board consult with season ticket holders before meeting in a pub and deciding to disband the club and merge with fierce rivals Glencairn? Did Glencairn's fans have a say in the matter? Are Motherwell subsequently a diddy club that killed other ones?

Did anyone - supporters, players, managers, locals - involved in any of these cases, and the many others, ever, at any point, feel angry by a move or merger or name change they didn't agree with? Probably.

Or, oh, I'm sorry - I forgot - Queen of the South, along with all the other 'real' clubs in Scottish Football, dropped out of heaven in a perfectly pure and untainted form.

Livingston might be 100 odd years behind the rest of Scottish Football, but at it's creation it was just as crazy.

Get over it.

superb post

re:ICT you will find many fans who were not at all happy(some Caledonian fans on here actually who i think alledged some rigging of the vote)

I think Calum got a bit bored but I have a bit of free time on my hands.

Newcastle United - "The club was founded in December 1892 by the merger of two local teams Newcastle East End and Newcastle West End who were previously rivals in the Northern League, but after West End fell into financial difficulties they decided to merge." (Oh my! Rivals, you say?)

Aberdeen - "The current Aberdeen F.C. was formed following the merger of three city clubs, Aberdeen, Victoria United and Orion, in 1903." (I assume fans of every club where consulted about the move?)

Just two of an array of clubs who "screwed" fans by making a new club out of their old one.