Livingston - all the threads merged

Sage advice your majesty. Pity it is taking you so long to accept it. ;)

I don't need to get over anything. I'll always dislike franchise clubs like Livingston FC and the MK Dons. :P

So because it was before your time it does not count?

Not only before my time but over 100 years ago - things were a bit different then.

I think what happened to Third Lanark was terrible too - before my time but I have sympathy for the Hi Hi fans who lost their football club.

Anyway, I remain optimistic that livingston might well soon join Third Lanark. A reformed Livingston Football Club run by your supporters trust will have my full support. The clock is ticking - I hope your club goes the same way as Gretna FC. :)

I just cannot get over the fact that 3 (I think) players have sgned for them recently! They should have thought it through. I can't blame the players for feeling like striking though as this has been going on for months with the same feeble excuses. No surprise Massone out of the country too.

I just cannot get over the fact that 3 (I think) players have sgned for them recently! They should have thought it through. I can't blame the players for feeling like striking though as this has been going on for months with the same feeble excuses. No surprise Massone out of the country too.

Most football players and their agents are pretty greedy and stupid to boot. Look at Massone for example. ;)

Comparing moves of over 100 years ago (when football was still in it's infancy) is not really relevant. It was a different era. I'm sure there were a few that opposed Woolwich Arsenal's move to North london but again it was still within London.

What? Why is it not relevant? It's how clubs have formed, and it's how clubs will continue to form. How can it be OK for some clubs to "commit" these "crimes" and it not be OK now simply with the passing of time? So they weren't 'real' feelings being hurt or 'real' changes simply because they were a long time ago? It's like saying "I commited murder. But it was 100 years ago so it's OK. Although, that b****** over there commited murder yesterday! I demand the death penalty!"

If folk had taken your attitude 100 years ago most of these traditional clubs wouldn't exist.

It's typical Scottish Football - scared of change, scared of a new thing and above all hypocritical.

Anyway, we are still within the Lothians - an area that London can more than match geographically and in terms of population. Arsenal moved there, we moved up here.

A reformed Livingston Football Club run by your supporters trust will have my full support.

Explain.

What exactly, also, do you mean by 'franchise'?

Edited by Livi 293

I don't need to get over anything. I'll always dislike franchise clubs like Livingston FC and the MK Dons. :P

Not only before my time but over 100 years ago - things were a bit different then.

I think what happened to Third Lanark was terrible too - before my time but I have sympathy for the Hi Hi fans who lost their football club.

Anyway, I remain optimistic that livingston might well soon join Third Lanark. A reformed Livingston Football Club run by your supporters trust will have my full support. The clock is ticking - I hope your club goes the same way as Gretna FC. :)

I trust you posted this on your way to buying Maths for Dummies. 2009-1910 = Over 100 or under 100?

Although I agree players are greedy etc you have to say they are quiet within their rights to strike over not being paid and you do have to wonder if the Italian conection is going to come up with the dosh etc..

What? Why is it not relevant? It's how clubs have formed, and it's how clubs will continue to form. How can it be OK for some clubs to "commit" these "crimes" and it not be OK now simply with the passing of time? So they weren't 'real' feelings being hurt or 'real' changes simply because they were a long time ago? If folk had taken your attitude 100 years ago most of these traditional clubs wouldn't exist.

It's typical Scottish Football - scared of change, scared of a new thing and above all hypocritical.

Anyway, we are still within the Lothians - an area that London can more than match geographically and in terms of population.

It's not relevant because football was so much different then. Is taht so hard to understand? You're grasping at straws comparing your club with a club that folder or merged over 100 years ago. Football clubs were mainly run by committee's and was not a business as such. Most club's were members clubs. Clubs came and went much more often.

And if disregarding the wishes of it's supporters, moving a football club against the wishes of it's fan is being "scared of change" ...then guilty as charged. No matter who is in charge, what divsion you play in how many drums you bang...your club is still a dirty plastic franchise. Hopefully, not for much longer. ;)

I have no idea whether I'd have opposed mergers or geogrpahical moves a hundred years ago, the context was very different then and the comparison to more recent events is just silly.

But that's not a discussion I'd particularly want to get into on this thread, I hope Livingston get themselves out of this. But I think it's going to need something done about the current owners for that to happen. Their fans have to be more proactive here, if they're serious about wanting to keep their club.

Getting closer to the end of the month again. What's it gonna be this time??? Paid or not Paid???

Livi fans thoughts please...

I am completely unsurprised :o:o

What a joke this is becoming. The Chairman is a disgrace and a two faced lying scumbag..Time for Livi fans to take positive action if at all possible and sent the slimy Italian home for good..This cnut is killing your football club guys ala Gretna. I can't believe the SFL are allowing them to do transfer business when they are unable to pay the guys there already. Mind you the SFL would seem to be about as much use as a chocolate fire guard...What happens if the weather turns bad and Saturdays game is off....

The only fake I can see here is Massone........ :angry:

We're just diddy fans from a franchise club, though - remember? We weren't lucky enough to commit our crimes against football in the right epoch.

I didn't comment one way or the other, I only said I dont accept the comparison.

(Nor, for what it's worth, do I accept KftS's comparisons with incidents in England, where the set-up is very different.)

I didn't comment one way or the other, I only said I dont accept the comparison.

(Nor, for what it's worth, do I accept KftS's comparisons with incidents in England, where the set-up is very different.)

Oh, I know - it's not a go at you in any way, more a passing comment.

Edited by Livi 293

That is a fair point. There is no pyramid in Scotland .

What is clear is that the vast majority of the fans of Meadowbank Thistle opposed the move from Edinburgh to Livingston. I know because I attended MT games around that time and drank in the Golden Gates pub.

There is a hardcore of Livingston fans who do care...but they don't have a support of more than one generation and very little history. There is no fan who watched them in 19oatcakes to come to the rescue. Only possibly another dodgy businessman with an eye on the stadium and a quick buck and they've had a few of those already.

All that said, if a fans' consortium, possibly the Supporters trust took control they'd have my full backing. Though their level would be at least SF2 IMO.

I'd deplore wages not being paid just as much as someone looking forward to people losing a job. I don't believe I've said anything otherwise. :unsure:

Then go ahead and deplore it, because it's happening at your club and consistently has been for ages now.