Livingston - all the threads merged

Hmmm! no chance with that line up! Although 'he of ill-fitting shorts' at least makes the game worth watching for me, He doesn't do much so is easy to keep an eye on. ;)

My son pointed this out to me. It's in the Livvy Archived news for May. Look at the adverts on the right hand side column. The one above "Scotbet". Positively dripping in irony.

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news_may_09.php

Edited by Guest

Can anyone enlighten me on what will happen if Livi go bust after the first game of the season?

Precedent would suggest that any games they have played are annulled (wiped from the record) - and the division continues with 9 clubs. If it was literally 1 or 2 games in, they could in theory move up Airdrie and Cowdenbeath (and possibly bring in a new club to the Third Division); annull all the games those clubs have played; and make them catch up the equivalent games midweek.

I think the most likely option will simply be wiping out Livi's record - and continuing with 9 clubs.

What's neanders, do you have a speech impediment?

neander: noun: Someone who holds power tools in disdain.

Is he suggesting that Livingston got to the SPL solely fuelled by a hatred of power tools?

We've supposedly got Livi at Links Park on Thursday in a pre-season friendly, what's the chances of it going ahead?

Reading the stuff on here and what's in the paper an away game might be a struggle financially.

What's neanders, do you have a speech impediment?

Give the guy a break. He obviously heard someone using the word 'meanders', and thought it would be cool to slip it into his vocabulary. This is not a rare occurence on P&B. Maybe the guy he heard using it had a speech impediment.

We've supposedly got Livi at Links Park on Thursday in a pre-season friendly, what's the chances of it going ahead?

Reading the stuff on here and what's in the paper an away game might be a struggle financially.

I imagine there's a better chance than playing Livi at their place. It's also not unheard of for players to make their own way to games.

team gets lucky lucky

sumhow nianders their way to spl

comes down

ends up nearly bust

survives sd1 for awhile

ends up at the bust again

surely this is only going to repeat

because!

clubs cant afford to rent grounds unless they are getting 4-6k at 90% of home games!!!

On second thoughts...

I imagine there's a better chance than playing Livi at their place. It's also not unheard of for players to make their own way to games.

Who are their players?

Out of interest, does anyone know who their starting eleven were against Falkirk yesterday?

Who are their players?

Out of interest, does anyone know who their starting eleven were against Falkirk yesterday?

Right, this is merely speculation but I'd assume the following was our starting eleven yesterday going by MCL's reports. (from right to left)

McKenzie

Torrance MacDonald Innes Malone

McParland Fox Hamill Talbot

Halliday

Winters

Subs:- Keaghan jacobs, Sheldon Jacobs, One, De Vita, Sinclair, McDowall, McKee, Hastings, Two trialists, Kerr, Kyle Jacobs

To be honest, there's a lot of variations of that that could have happened but that team wouldn't have surprised me.

Danny Griffin must have been injured because he's apparently signed an extension recently.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

The long anticipated end for Livi is rumoured to be just a matter of days away if what I heard Friday is at all accurate.

9 team First Division which would have financial implications for the remaining teams.

What did you hear, what is the point in posting something like that?

What did you hear, what is the point in posting something like that?

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Obviously he's not in a position to mention specifics.

I'd trust his word. Whether his informant is right is another issue.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Obviously he's not in a position to mention specifics.

I'd trust his word. Whether his informant is right is another issue.

So you know as well, and won't give a clue.

My guess is he knows a Thistle director who has blabbed and he can't say what, as it will be obvious who it was that spilled their guts.

Am I close?

So you know as well, and won't give a clue.

My guess is he knows a Thistle director who has blabbed and he can't say what, as it will be obvious who it was that spilled their guts.

Am I close?

I don't know who this guy is, but I don't see what he would stand to gain from shit stirring as he seems a reasonably well informed poster.

I don't know who this guy is, but I don't see what he would stand to gain from shit stirring as he seems a reasonably well informed poster.

Well he didn't have anything to gain by making the first post either then, but he still did.

It came accross as an "I know and you don't " type of post

You don't have to give names and addresses, just the gist in general terms if something is "known".

Right, this is merely speculation but I'd assume the following was our starting eleven yesterday going by MCL's reports. (from right to left)

McKenzie

Torrance MacDonald Innes Malone

McParland Fox Hamill Talbot

Halliday

Winters

Subs:- Keaghan jacobs, Sheldon Jacobs, One, De Vita, Sinclair, McDowall, McKee, Hastings, Two trialists, Kerr, Kyle Jacobs

To be honest, there's a lot of variations of that that could have happened but that team wouldn't have surprised me.

Danny Griffin must have been injured because he's apparently signed an extension recently.

Thanks for the information.

I assume that Livi must still have enough money to pay the wages, as they are able to put a team out.