Livingston - all the threads merged

Noticed in the Press that Brennan of Dundee wrote a letter to the SFL expressing his disgust at the punishment handed out to Livi.He thought it was too severe

That story was in the Telegraph up there. An interesting piece actually, will be interesting to know if his views are shared by anyone else and what potential impact of that could be.

It's clear the member clubs are hopelessly divided over the issue. Dundee's intervention is pretty significant though as they are the one club to speak out publically who aren't really affected by all this, and know for certain where and who they are playing tomorrow. Fearn is pissed off because his club almost certainly won't be playing tomorrow, and Airdrie and Albion were directly involved last week.

I have heard the meeting this morning was held up because a couple of the guys wanted a roll and sausage instead of bacon so David Longmuir had to run to the nearest cafe in order to get them.

I expect we will hear something in a couple of weeks time.

That was the initial problem. They are now deciding who will toss the coin and who decides whether heads or tails means postpone the games.

My sources tell me that the chosen ones will be decided through a rock, scissors paper competition and a noughts and crosses competition. Sadly, this includes group stages, home and away ties and the fact away paper and noughts count double.

Don't worry, it'll all be over by Christmas.

That was the initial problem. They are now deciding who will toss the coin and who decides whether heads or tails means postpone the games.

My sources tell me that the chosen ones will be decided through a rock, scissors paper competition and a noughts and crosses competition. Sadly, this includes group stages, home and away ties and the fact away paper and noughts count double.

no, it's a brutal winner-decides-all six-sided game of cribbage that's under way, and already there's been controversy as the joker hadn't been shuffled out of the pack before the first cards were dealt, and some of the pieces from the scoreboard were missing, plus it was difficult to distinguish in the morning sunlight between the blue and purple pegs.

Trust me, this one will run and run.

:lol:

It's clear the member clubs are hopelessly divided over the issue. Dundee's intervention is pretty significant though as they are the one club to speak out publically who aren't really affected by all this, and know for certain where and who they are playing tomorrow.

Tbh, if we get to a situation where (for example) the games have gone ahead; Livingston appeal to the SFL; the SFL clubs come together and uphold the appeal (stay in Div 1) or reduce it (go to Div 2)... we are entering the realms of utter farce. But I suspect Dundee are in the minority...

Edited by HibeeJibee

I like Longmuir's comment about thanking everyone for showing patience for what was "a complex issue." Hmmm.

Perhaps if the SFL hadn't had a hand in contributing to its complexity then maybe we'd have all known who was playing who and where long before 28 hours ahead of kick-off.

It will be utter carnage if Livi win their appeal, although that seems highly unlikely. The SFL's handling of this whole issue has been highly questionable to say the least.

EDIT: Maybe SFL are hoping that by going ahead with games, even if clubs were thinking about voting in favour of Livi at an appeal, they won't now that the season has started as they would be aware of the hassle it would cause.

Edited by southview

well, that's that then- must do some work today- I'd expect some kind of news from Almondvale at some point, although there's nothing anywhere else about the press call Airdrie had heard about.

Unlucky Ivo, finishing "work" at lunchtime and off next week! An afternoon of cricket awaits :D

Stu - do some work and stop loitering in here! :P

I suppose this is merely speculation but if you look at the website, the statement from the owners telling the fans to go out and buy season tickets has been lifted to underneath the latest one.

To me, that suggests we're going at it, through the 3rd division at least in the webmaster's mind.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

No wonder Livi were relegated to the 3rd,a man from Airdrie who took no part in the official decision making process but must have had input,a man from Albion(unless he's moved again) the team that Livi fell out with at the weekend,and a man from a club upto their eyeballs coz they've tried to do things correctly.

Nowt like a fair hearing.

No wonder Livi were relegated to the 3rd,a man from Airdrie who took no part in the official decision making process but must have had input,a man from Albion(unless he's moved again) the team that Livi fell out with at the weekend,and a man from a club upto their eyeballs coz they've tried to do things correctly.

Nowt like a fair hearing.

If people didn't like Livvy that much they'd have been out of the league a week past Thursday. Jim Leishman, notorious Livvy-hater, had been involved as well :D

Edited by Millfield Marksman

I suppose this is merely speculation but if you look at the website, the statement from the owners telling the fans to go out and buy season tickets has been lifted to underneath the latest one.

To me, that suggests we're going at it, through the 3rd division at least in the webmaster's mind.

I hope so. Thing is, it makes McGruther look even more of a grade one tool than he already did. He has now used up every single one of his "cry wolf" vouchers.