Livingston - all the threads merged

I don't think anyone would have been really that bothered about a programme bill, they would have been more concerned about lost hospitality.

If anything if programmes are printed for all of the original games this week collectors will be after them for novelty value of a programme for a game which won't take place.

Such as I, If any County fan could help me out? :)

It was you that accused the SFL of dragging their feet.

:blink:

Please point out in the following quotes, my only contribution to this topic, where I did such a thing.

Livingston fans just need a wee bit of patience. It'll take just a few years to get back up to the top flight. All they have to do is spend shit loads of cash that they don't have and but their way back up the leagues and they'll be back in the SPL before you know it. Just follow the old template and you can't go wrong. Just remember Pearse Flynn's proviso that relegation is not an option.

Don't mind the rest of us lot being criticial. We're just jealous, that's all. We know this because we were told by the newspapers. ;)

Edited for spelling. Cos I cannae spell.

You surely don't think they left it THIS late just to call the League's bluff, do you? :blink:

Still no announcement. What a joke the SFL are.

And still no comment from you as to how this division was an example of "self-preservation" by the SFLMC. If First Division clubs were interested in self-preservation then your lot would be stuck with a -30 points deduction in Division One, keeping everyone else safe of relegation.

Anyway, Livi fans should try to look at this as a positive. It's a chance to unload all your overpaid chancers and build a club that is sustainable, and actually find your level the proper way, as opposed to relying on moneymen from outwith the club like Flynn or Massone. Yeah, you might end up putting up with a few years in Division Three while you pay off the debts that have been accumulated, but you'd find a lot of good will coming your way if you actually manage that, and can then focus on finding your level as a Division One or Two side varying on how big your fanbase is.

Anyway, Livi fans should try to look at this as a positive. It's a chance to unload all your overpaid chancers and build a club that is sustainable, and actually find your level the proper way, as opposed to relying on moneymen from outwith the club like Flynn or Massone. Yeah, you might end up putting up with a few years in Division Three while you pay off the debts that have been accumulated, but you'd find a lot of good will coming your way if you actually manage that, and can then focus on finding your level as a Division One or Two side varying on how big your fanbase is.

If we still exist by tonight. :(

*I do agree with a lot of that, though.

Edited by Livi 293

Oh really, Dunfermline are looking sound are they? That is one hugely ill-informed piece of rubbish.

Let me set things straight:

Dunfermline don't own their ground. So what you might say. Several clubs don't. But Dunfermline are

12 million!!!!!!!!!!!

in debt.

I was meaning that they are in the 1st division and no longer stuck in the bottom tier.

Livi will not play imo. Circumstances dictate they are not obliged to play the fixture as the SFA have said results are provisional pending an appeal. On the assumption they will appeal,they will not play.

The Livingston website lists this as their next match.

They might want to change the text below from "last match" to "previous match", in case this gives the wrong impression. :)

Livi will not play imo. Circumstances dictate they are not obliged to play the fixture as the SFA have said results are provisional pending an appeal. On the assumption they will appeal,they will not play.

Circumstances dictate nothing. They have no right not to play. Refusing to play = a rule breach.

The Livingston website lists this as their next match.

They might want to change the text below from "last match" to "previous match", in case this gives the wrong impression. :)

It is their scheduled next match. They will not play if an appeal is planned.

what benefit is there to them not playing, even if they do appeal?

They will merely incur the wrath of the officials and fans of a club who are supporting them in the plight they find themselves in.

Only if the triumvirate pull the plug will this game not go ahead, and, if they were intending doing that, I'm sure we'd have heard about it by now.

I don't think anyone would have been really that bothered about a programme bill, they would have been more concerned about lost hospitality.

If anything if programmes are printed for all of the original games this week collectors will be after them for novelty value of a programme for a game which won't take place.

However, Shire vice-chairman and major shareholder Spencer Fearn was critical of the SFL's handling of the situation.

"How are we going to explain the fact that the match programmes say our opponents are Cowdenbeath?" he told his club website.

"It is an almost farcical situation. Personally, I saw no need to relegate Livingston if a prospective rescue package had been put in place and the new owners were prepared to help fund the club to stay in the First Division."

I agree. Relegating Livvy and facing poor Spencer to explain why the match day programme has the wrong team name is truely farcical. I cant believe the SFL didnt take this into account.

While everyone is sympathising with the Livy fans and employees during this difficult time, I think we should all take a moment to think of poor Spencer too.

And still no comment from you as to how this division was an example of "self-preservation" by the SFLMC. If First Division clubs were interested in self-preservation then your lot would be stuck with a -30 points deduction in Division One, keeping everyone else safe of relegation.

Forkboy right now Livi fans couldn't give shit about where we play or what programmes have been printed. We are anxiously waiting to find out if we will have a club tomorrow.

It could be the club's last-ever game, somehow I don't think they're going to be too worried about the fine print of the laws regarding "provisional" games. In any case, they're the only club that's not flying blind here, only they will know whether the game really is "provisional" or not, in the event of an appeal being launched.