Livingston - all the threads merged

Leave this part of your distaste for the man aside, many, myself included have sensitive eyes and require a solution, mine is not as severe as most, however I do have to wear sunglasses whilst winter driving.(during daylight hours).

But you are a complete fud....dartanian....

I don't doubt McGlynn isn't a nice guy, but he's showed himself up as a tactical dinosaur this season. I thought our style of play was alright last season under him but as others have said, the hoofball he's implemented is fucking murder. No tactical variation, completely unwilling to use his squad and shite results to boot - it's not looking good. I'd say a change would be needed if the results aren't good against the part-time sides, but even at that I'm certain we couldn't afford to sack McGlynn, and on top of that, who are we realistically going to bring in? No manager out of work in their right mind would take the Livi job: a ticking financial time bomb, notoriously trigger happy board, a group of players who look mediocre save for one or two, and our current league position could be horrific if the results against the PT teams go our way.

Yes I think now McGlynn has to go, it's been a bad start and the cup yesterday was the last straw. I would actually bite your hand off for a swap with Raith, Grant Murray has them level on points with a play-off spot and that's with Hearts and Rangers in the league. If Raith fans want him gone we'll take him in now and he could have a few months to settle in then a full pre-season to prepare us for a proper challenge in 2015/16.

Yes I think now McGlynn has to go, it's been a bad start and the cup yesterday was the last straw. I would actually bite your hand off for a swap with Raith, Grant Murray has them level on points with a play-off spot and that's with Hearts and Rangers in the league. If Raith fans want him gone we'll take him in now and he could have a few months to settle in then a full pre-season to prepare us for a proper challenge in 2015/16.

Be careful what you wish for..

Some have suggested Danny Lennon meh.

If McGlynn is to go, we should actually clear out the back room staff this time.

If your players are hoofball designed, I'm not sure Danny Lennon's keep ball across the back 4 and pray for a 0-0 draw style of play is really for you tbh.

Top bloke, good manager. I'd have him back in a flash.

I think he worked wonders for our club, but I wouldn't take him back.

Murray isn't much different from McGlynn. I'd say we're ahead largely down to some decent performances against the part time teams, but largely we've looked poor. We've played twice against ten men and end up with 1 point from 6 (admittedly, this could've been two but for a deflection). Our style largely consists of either hoof it to Nade or hoof it into the space near Mark Stewart. He seems unwilling to move away from the midfield combination of Fox and Moon.

Livi lost three great players for this level in McNulty, Scougall and Donaldson. Similarly, other teams like Falkirk have lost players too. In an ideal world, Rovers will find a manager who can get us moving the ball about on the deck. Personally, I think Danny Lennon or Derek Adams might be able to do that. They seem the best options on the table, away from the normal dinosaurs who are banded about.

Why has this thread been merged with the gigantic Livingston thread? Is a potential managerial change not worthy of a separate thread?

There is no potential managerial change, just some fan ranting. So, no

Because the mods who frequent this board are v. boring.

Feel free to f**k off to a board with more interesting mods :)

If your players are hoofball designed, I'm not sure Danny Lennon's keep ball across the back 4 and pray for a 0-0 draw style of play is really for you tbh.

They aren't, that's the problem. White is about 6 foot 5 and is useless in the air but decent with the ball at his feet, we keep hitting high balls up to him and he hardly ever wins anything, or in the 1 in a 100 times he does win a header it goes to an opposition player. Our midfield are also better with the ball at their feet but they've all sore necks every game watching the ball flying over their heads. Danny Mullen is a short arse and our keeper hits high balls up to him when he's got a guys towering over him.

We've had the ball played along the backline with Hughes and wouldn't want that either right enough, all it got us was losing possession then losing goals.