Livingston - all the threads merged

I wouldn't say it's a kneejerk reaction, I can't honestly say I've been impressed with either Millen or Longridge defensively in any games I've saw them this season. Millen has a decent ball on him but that's about it. The lack of alternatives to the pair of them just demonstrates poor squad planning IMO.

There's no doubt we have and will miss the drive from the Jacobs brothers and Talbot this season, I don't think anyone could challenge that the replacements for those three are an upgrade, never mind a direct replacement in terms of quality.

As you say though, the real tests for us will be against Alloa and Dumbarton, ultimately they're the teams we'll be competing with over the course of the season.

Can't believe you chose Millen if it wasn't for his Dad or amazing set piece/crossing ability he wouldn't be anywhere near pro football. He can't defend and knows it. Will stay back pretty much all the time in case he gets caught out for pace. Perhaps a decent squad player for league one?

Rangers have called off the Petrofac Cup against Livi on Friday 9th October at Ibrox due to Under 21 international commitments.

One of them being an English U21 loan player......!!!!!

Looks like the gers running scared of the mighty livi...

Petrofac Cup might be the only Cup they is any chance of them winning.

Probably get switched to a shitty rainy Tuesday night

Edited by Gnaw

• 3 weeks later...

I very rarely criticise opponents.

But guys that was one of the most disgraceful displays I have seen from any team in over 40 years - a team who in 90 minutes showed little or no ambition other than to play for penalties - by hook or crook.

Performances like that are what chases people from football.

Rant over.

But guys that was one of the most disgraceful displays I have seen from any team in over 40 years - a team who in 90 minutes showed little or no ambition other than to play for penalties - by hook or crook.

Rant over.

When did Livi play Linlithgow Rose?

Rant over.

Oh just f**k off, there are miss timed tackles in every single game, I'm not arguing that Gibbons tackle was poor and should've been a red card but to suggest that our players went out to purposely injure your players is absolute nonsense.

we are paying our players £200 a week, we have signed players from the juniors, the two clubs are night and day apart in terms of what they can achieve, a club like ourselves aren't going to turn up at ibrox and try and play expansive football, that would be playing right into your hands.

We managed the game for 75 minutes and done pretty well coping with the Rangers team.

I'd like to know one time we played for a penalty last night btw ?, we got into your penalty box a few times with a few opportunities for our players to throw themselves to the floor but never and tried to get the ball wide and cross it in.

You won the game, get over it.

Oh just f**k off, there are miss timed tackles in every single game, I'm not arguing that Gibbons tackle was poor and should've been a red card but to suggest that our players went out to purposely injure your players is absolute nonsense.

we are paying our players £200 a week, we have signed players from the juniors, the two clubs are night and day apart in terms of what they can achieve, a club like ourselves aren't going to turn up at ibrox and try and play expansive football, that would be playing right into your hands.

We managed the game for 75 minutes and done pretty well coping with the Rangers team.

I'd like to know one time we played for a penalty last night btw ?, we got into your penalty box a few times with a few opportunities for our players to throw themselves to the floor but never and tried to get the ball wide and cross it in.

You won the game, get over it.

I think he meant playing for a 0-0 and therefore a penalty shootout.

Rant over.

f**k off then ya bam

Thought Burchill's game plan was pretty good last night, good discipline in defence and the way he set us out at the back with Gordon/Gallagher/Neill covering for Millen and Longridge being ripped on the flanks was spot on.

Deadco hardly got a clear shot on our goal and they were very rushed and sloppy trying to play passes into our box, took a good shot from outside the box skidding on the wet grass to get their goal. Gordon's goal line clearance was superb too, he had a great game.

We didn't have much possession but we did create some decent moves in attack but they just didn't quite come off to get a shot at goal, Glen's ball across to White on the centre of the pitch on the edge of the box, the cross that unfortunately had Buchanan there trying to head it and not 6ft 5 White, Sheerin making space for a shot.

I still think Sheerin needs to start with either White or Buchanan though, just don't think Buchanan and White works as well. would like to see us try White & Sheerin with Buchanan in the hole playing behind them.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Rant over.

What a gobshite. Dig out your road to Manchester dvd and you'll find 7 or 8 performances way more defensive than last nights. Smith regularly fielded 5 central defenders, 3 at the back and two in midfield in the most negative formation I've ever seen. He even did it in home matches.

What a gobshite. Dig out your road to Manchester dvd and you'll find 7 or 8 performances way more defensive than last nights. Smith regularly fielded 5 central defenders, 3 at the back and two in midfield in the most negative formation I've ever seen. He even did it in home matches.

You miss a very important point though - Rangers still had to score to win so other than the semi-final which went to penalties Rangers had to show something over the 180 minutes to win their games.

But yes I agree that these games were often not great to watch. But last night at no point in a 90 minute knockout did Livingston show any desire to try and win the game. I think in 90 minutes the twice you kicked off were the only times you passed forward (other than a keepers kick out)

Also you fail to address the callous tackling throughout that a stronger ref would have dealt with - the first tackle in the game could easily have been a red card

You miss a very important point though - Rangers still had to score to win so other than the semi-final which went to penalties Rangers had to show something over the 180 minutes to win their games.

But yes I agree that these games were often not great to watch. But last night at no point in a 90 minute knockout did Livingston show any desire to try and win the game. I think in 90 minutes the twice you kicked off were the only times you passed forward (other than a keepers kick out)

Also you fail to address the callous tackling throughout that a stronger ref would have dealt with - the first tackle in the game could easily have been a red card

Im sure if you look hard enough you'll find a match thread to discuss this