Livingston - all the threads merged

Yeah I didn't think you had. Just that we got our strips from a guy down south somewhere and my brother in law asked me what Scottish champ side wear purple. I said none, as far as I was aware. When he went down to see the guy he said the team was Livi. And I said to him what you've said to me (re. This season's colours) but I thought it was maybe a 3rd kit. But it was obviously last year's strip the guy did. Cheers for the response :)

Coming into a big time of the season for us, 3 of the next 4 at home, Alloa (H) Dumbarton (H) St Mirren (A) QoS (H)

Question to you, how many points do you think we will get and how many do you think is acceptable ?

I'd say must win next week, I don't see why we can't beat Dumbarton at home too but given our record against them I think a draw would be OK, we've outplayed St Mirren in all 3 games we've played against them but again I think a point would be good, then a home tie against QoS I'd fancy us to win that one.

So I'm saying 8 points id expect and acceptable would be 7 out of those 4 games.

Edited by andylivi1

At least 7 is acceptable id expect 6 but wouldn't be surprised if we blow up and get 4 or something.

We have to and should beat Alloa I would be pretty annoyed if we don't. Dumbarton is another one that we should be winning but could see it being tricky. St Mirren we have been the better team in all three teams we have played them this season and again it's a game we could be winning might not get anything from that though could see us losing that one and Queens at home, as we showed at Palmerston they are beatable but that one will be really tough.

All winnable games but apart from Alloa all could go either way on the day.

Coming into a big time of the season for us, 3 of the next 4 at home, Alloa (H) Dumbarton (H) St Mirren (A) QoS (H)

Question to you, how many points do you think we will get and how many do you think is acceptable ?

I'd say must win next week, I don't see why we can't beat Dumbarton at home too but given our record against them I think a draw would be OK, we've outplayed St Mirren in all 3 games we've played against them but again I think a point would be good, then a home tie against QoS I'd fancy us to win that one.

So I'm saying 8 points id expect and acceptable would be 7 out of those 4 games.

I feel this will define our season, anything less than 8 points out of those four games and we're going to be down the bottom struggling to stay out of the play off spot, 8 points or above and I think we'll put some distance between us and 9th place to be comfortably mid table come the end of the season.

Alloa-W

Dumbarton-W

St Mirren-W/D

QoS-D

Hoping for something like that and have 8-10 points

I feel this will define our season, anything less than 8 points out of those four games and we're going to be down the bottom struggling to stay out of the play off spot, 8 points or above and I think we'll put some distance between us and 9th place to be comfortably mid table come the end of the season.

Alloa-W

Dumbarton-W

St Mirren-W/D

QoS-D

Hoping for something like that and have 8-10 points

We were having a discussion about our next few fixtures before Saturday's game and said pretty much exactly what you have, obviously with the wins and draws coming for Dumbarton and not Livi. I imagine St. Mirren feel the same. We've beaten Alloa on Saturday, if we can beat St Mirren this week at home and at least draw when we visit you then we'll be in pretty good shape going into the new year. Very interesting few weeks coming up for the bottom 4.

We were having a discussion about our next few fixtures before Saturday's game and said pretty much exactly what you have, obviously with the wins and draws coming for Dumbarton and not Livi. I imagine St. Mirren feel the same. We've beaten Alloa on Saturday, if we can beat St Mirren this week at home and at least draw when we visit you then we'll be in pretty good shape going into the new year. Very interesting few weeks coming up for the bottom 4.

Yep, would imagine it's the same for all the teams down the bottom.

Tbh the Dumbarton result is a W/D for us too, as long as we don't lose. If we draw with Dumbarton I'd be looking for us to get a win against St Mirren, draw or lose in both those games and we're going to be the same as last season, struggling to stay up again.

Alloa are seen as this season's whipping boys but as everyone knows, you can't take any game for granted, would be gutted and pissed off if we didn't beat them though. Really, really have to win that game so we aren't going to be drawn into a relegation scrap with them.

Disgrace. Don't use dare

Did this not come out a while back and Livi said it was a non starter, or was that just the fans on here?

Declan Gallagher and Craig Thompson. You are a mere Alan Lithgow from a HMP's finest back 3.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

I've been told that there is something in this story, Livingston have been keeping tracks on him but turned down the chance to sign him before the season started.

Just recently Newtongrange approached Livingston to see if a deal could be done this time and the club are considering it.

I'd be pretty disappointed if we signed him.

Sure I saw an interview with David Hopkin saying the story came out of nowhere and they weren't planning to sign him*. Now seeing Callum Carson saying the club haven't confirmed or denied it.

Not noticed 1 Livi fan who would be even a little bit happy to see him signed.

*Edit: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/livingston/livi-deny-reports-of-swoop-for-ex-jambo-thomson-1-3959912#ixzz3u1vO4mia

However, Hopkin was quick to quash any rumours linking the club with a move for the full-back.

“I don’t know anything about that so I’m just hearing what’s been going about,” the former Scotland internationalist said. “I think it’s something that has come out of nowhere. We’re just concentrating on what we have just now and we’re happy with the squad we’ve got.”

Edited by LiviLion

Sure I saw an interview with David Hopkin saying the story came out of nowhere and they weren't planning to sign him*. Now seeing Callum Carson saying the club haven't confirmed or denied it.

Not noticed 1 Livi fan who would be even a little bit happy to see him signed.

*Edit: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/livingston/livi-deny-reports-of-swoop-for-ex-jambo-thomson-1-3959912#ixzz3u1vO4mia

I think that's the point - it's nothing to do with the manager or his assistant. No coincidence rankine is back on the scene

Disgrace. Don't use dare

So Don Paul now represents LFL on matters like this..? What is his position within the Trust?

If LFL are supporting such signings like this, I will no longer be a member of a very direction-less organisation like LFL. They hardly represent the Livi fans anyway.