Livingston - all the threads merged

Big decision! Bit of a shock with a huge game ahead but we are in a rut. Burchill did a great job at the end of last season saving us and winning a cup, didn't push on but deserved more time I think. Who is lined up to a better job than him?

Ian Murray?

Full-time, close to home, track record of keeping teams in the division etc etc.

Shame he's gone as I like him as a guy. The great escape and cup win last season were excellent and it's down to him we are still in this league. Saying that though the performances in the last couple of weeks were horrific and unacceptable especially the Alloa one and could see it coming.

I'm a bit surprised tbh, think it's a harsh one.

I've often questioned his subs and decision making but after last season I think he deserved a few more weeks at least, it's done now though and onto yet another manager, who takes over I wonder.

Ian Murray the obvious choice, struggled at st Mirren but certainly a contender.

Danny Lennon, again didn't work out in the end at Alloa but done a brilliant job at St Mirren and lives in Bathgate.

Alec Clelland is always a name that is linked with us, his work with youth development is something that we should really be looking at.

Burchy has been p***ing in the wind. The squad has been getting depleted every year and replaced by inferior players. He had no chance. Done well last year when everyone thought they would go down.

Something needed to happen to change things at the club and the default move has always been to sack the manager. Who next though?

Danny Lennon, Ian Murray, David Martindale?

After our worst performance of the season against Alloa he was on a one loss (or must win) game away from the sack against Dumbarton and St Mirren. His 2nd half tactics and refusing to bring on his other 2 subs was the final straw, and the one sub he did use was a player just back from injury, while Buchanan was left sitting on the bench. Totally bewildering from Burchill!!

His post match comments on Dumbarton tv didn't help, saying the players and fans were panicky, the fans weren't panicky, they were angry and confused with his tactics and lack of substitutions in the 2nd half.

I can see a certain Darren Jackson being touted for this job. We rarely go for "well known" managers in recent times.

Yeah a few "curve balls" but McGlynn, Hughes, Hegarty, Robertson were all quite mainstream. Could go either way but I think it will be someone recently sacked...either Murray or Lennon would be a good appointment for me.