Livingston - all the threads merged

Prices from McBookie.com

Usual suspects I am afraid

3/1 David Hopkin 4/1 Ian Murray 6/1 Danny Lennon 6/1 Billy Reid 7/1 Jimmy Calderwood 10/1 Billy Stark 10/1 Gus McPherson 12/1 Stevie Campbell 12/1 Jimmy Nicholl 12/1 Colin Cameron 16/1 Ally McCoist 16/1 John Robertson 16/1 1 Alec Cleland 16/1 Darren Young 20/1 Stuart McCall 20/1 Jim Chapman 20/1 Jim McInally 20/1 Russell Latapy 20/1 Allan Moore

Credit where it's due to the DR, must've been some job finding a pic of Burchill looking so animated during a game.

On the promoting players from the youth team, we didn't have a league for them to play in as we didn't enter the development league so we took them into the squad to kick their heels until they were eventually put out on loan to junior teams.

The DR just likes to shit stir and has no clue about anything in football.

Jim Chapman would be the best appointment by far. He is a fully qualified and respected coach throughout the game with a proven track record of success.

He worked for no money at Albion Rovers and took them from bottom of the League to Semi Final of the Challenge Cup.

He then took over at Dumbarton FC at the New Year when they were 2nd bottom of the League and the following season he won the League with a meagre budget. He is currently sitting at the top of the league and in the 4th round of the scottish Cup again with the 2nd lowest budget.

He consistently gets teams to punch above their weight and given the financial situation of Livingston he would be ideal.

However I am sure all the high profile "Failed Managers" will be quoted before him as he is not a Media Darling!!!

He then took over at Dumbarton FC at the New Year when they were 2nd bottom of the League and the following season he won the League with a meagre budget.

:lol: Hi Jim!

A meagre budget? Have a look at the squad that won that 3rd Division, if we hadn't won that league it would've been a travesty. It was an amazing run that the squad put together and we came from 4th place to 1st over the space of 8-10 games. Without that run the season was a failure. Chappie did an okay job, but he's hot headed and doesn't take criticism at all well. Given that Alan Adamson took over from Chappie and managed to get us promoted to this division suggests to me that he's at his level.

EDIT - I missed the "consistently punching above their weight" line :lol:. Yes, Jim Chapman had Dumbarton punching above their weight in the bottom half of the 2nd Division (no jokes plz).

Edited by The Moonster

Jim Chapman would be the best appointment by far. He is a fully qualified and respected coach throughout the game with a proven track record of success.

He worked for no money at Albion Rovers and took them from bottom of the League to Semi Final of the Challenge Cup.

He then took over at Dumbarton FC at the New Year when they were 2nd bottom of the League and the following season he won the League with a meagre budget. He is currently sitting at the top of the league and in the 4th round of the scottish Cup again with the 2nd lowest budget.

He consistently gets teams to punch above their weight and given the financial situation of Livingston he would be ideal.

However I am sure all the high profile "Failed Managers" will be quoted before him as he is not a Media Darling!!!

:lol:

Congratulations Jim, you've potentially posted the biggest load of shite I've ever read.

#5yearplan

:lol: Hi Jim!

A meagre budget? Have a look at the squad that won that 3rd Division, if we hadn't won that league it would've been a travesty. It was an amazing run that the squad put together and we came from 4th place to 1st over the space of 8-10 games. Without that run the season was a failure. Chappie did an okay job, but he's hot headed and doesn't take criticism at all well. Given that Alan Adamson took over from Chappie and managed to get us promoted to this division suggests to me that he's at his level.

EDIT - I missed the "consistently punching above their weight" line :lol:. Yes, Jim Chapman had Dumbarton punching above their weight in the bottom half of the 2nd Division (no jokes plz).

Pretty sure it was Cowden's league to lose that year, they completely chucked it towards the end of the season.

But aye, good to see Chappie's keeping abreast of the situation down Almondvale.

Appoint Jim Chapman and two weeks later you'll sign Iain Chisholm. Guaranteed.

Chappie, since you're on here. What do you feel was Iain's best position? During your time with us you played him at *deep breath* Right-back, left-back, centre-half, defensive mid, attacking mid, left-wing, right-wing, number 10 and upfront. I always liked him on the wing personally.

Edit: Forgot a question mark

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Pretty sure it was Cowden's league to lose that year, they completely chucked it towards the end of the season.

But aye, good to see Chappie's keeping abreast of the situation down Almondvale.

"13 points and you fucked it up" was the cry at Central Park when we all but sealed the title with a 0-0 draw. Don't get me wrong, they blew it, but we also put together a record breaking win/clean sheet run to make it happen. I'd have thought our budget would've been at least on a par with Cowdens if not more.

"13 points and you fucked it up" was the cry at Central Park when we all but sealed the title with a 0-0 draw. Don't get me wrong, they blew it, but we also put together a record breaking win/clean sheet run to make it happen. I'd have thought our budget would've been at least on a par with Cowdens if not more.

Setting a club record for no of mins without conceding as I recall. Great days.

Edited by Consolidate