Livingston - all the threads merged

I'd have to question the logic in signing him, if we are. I'd say midfield is an area we are fairly well stocked in, I'd much prefer to give Ryan Currie a chance. If we are signing someone on loan I'd much rather it was a full-back that can play both sides, it's painfully obvious to everyone that we're horrendously exposed there in terms of squad depth.

Yep, Pittman is creative and Faria & Gibbons gives us dig to break up play, Glen is also doing ok and links up well with White. Hippo is also creative when he can get his head in the game.

Georgiev and Cole seem surplus to requirement though, one is injured all the time and the other has been a bit too lightweight.

I'd much rather have a FB, or even a pacey winger.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I have to disagree, we've missed a player like keaghan Jacobs this season, Pittman does his best but he's not going to open up a defence with 1 pass like Jacobs used to do, Cole and Faria are far too similar and Gibbons is neat and tidy but again isn't going to do anything spectacular.

I'd also say that Longridge the last 2 or 3 games has played very well for us and Morgynn Neill has looked comfortable on the other side.

Faria and Gibbons aren't there to open up defences, they're holding midfielders to break up play, not everyone is meant to be an attacking midfielder. Glen, Hippo and Pittman can open up defences, Pittman and Hippo have the skill to take on players and Glen has shown he links well with White in setting up his goals.

Interesting the Hearts poster said creative isn't how he'd describe Anderson though.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

• 4 weeks later...

So fellow Livi fans, what are your opinions of Hippolyte ?

He scored a good goal yesterday but for me that goal covered up a performance from him that I thought was the poorest out of the 11.

Hibs on Tuesday again he was by far the poorest performer in the team.

He played better yesterday than on Tuesday but still no where near the standard he was at a few months ago, I think he has a lot to offer us but his attitude is needing sorted out.

What has happened to him ? He went from a quiet lad who just went about his football and done his best to looking huffy and disinterested.

I have it on good authority that the rest of the team are hardly talking to him after the Dumbarton red card and the incident on the bus to ibrox, big job for Burchy to get them back onside but maybe that goal will help.

What are your opinions ? I can't be the only one that has seen Hippolytes performances drop.

Has lots of talent but more often than not he doesn't show it and instead is lazy on the park and doesn't offer much, if he got the laziness out of his game he would be a good player.

His form at the end of last season made me think he would be a brilliant player for us this season, but he's disappointed so far. Even yesterday despite getting a goal he still gave the ball away every time he had it by being too greedy and refusing to pass.

Edited by LiviLion

He is a bit of an enigma. He undoubtedly has football skill but he needs to learn how to be a team player. He will beat a couple of men take the ball on wee run and then spoil the good work with a shot when he should pass or a pass when he should have a shot. I would have preferred him to be a second half sub in both games this week after him missing several weeks of football but I read that there were a few niggling injuries in the team and Burchill may have been forced to give him a start.

Hopefully we will see him return soon to the form he showed at the tail end of last season.

Has potential but needs to look at White for an example of hard work improving your game, White has improved a lot this season, really impressed with his hold up play, jumping and taking the ball down on his chest, winning just about every header, you can see he's worked on improving himself.

He started well against Clyde in a cup game and scored a belter of a 25 yarder, then his shooting was weak and off target for the games up till his red card against Dumbarton. Can have defenders run ragged and be a great asset but too many times he'll lose the ball in midfield and cause us problems. Also as Orco said, needs to improve his decision making in the final third.

Great player on his day but lots of room for improvement and unless he works hard on his game he wont be any more than a lower league journeyman..